Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#801 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theAman
You hope there not harvestable?

My bad, wrong wording. I meant "I hope for the former."
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#802 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I'm wondering since that there is an option to cure sims through unicorns, will GPD or other similar diseases be making an appearance after being absence since Sims 2?

i am hoping so. it would give that more realism ingame, which i love.
Theorist
#803 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
I do have to wonder about the 'collectable' part. Does that mean that the only way we can GET some of these critters is by finding them around town, like rocks and beetles? Can we not, you know, send our sims somewhere downtown to just BUY one? Or, for those lacking the Limited Edition Store, maybe simply pick up the cell phone and call the pets version of the Adoption Service? Or is that only good for the bigger animals.

I just don't want to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get my Sim Kid a little birdie or something.

I think it's going to be like the grocery store where you can buy the normal pets in the store/over the phone/wherever and then you have to find the more exotic ones. (where do they sell crows and kimono dragons in pet shops?

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#804 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I'm wondering since that there is an option to cure sims through unicorns, will GPD or other similar diseases be making an appearance after being absence since Sims 2?

Quote:
It’s pretty handy having a Unicorn around! They can cure certain ailments from bites, getting kicked, curses or even nausea, all with a swish of a tail!

No mention of GPD. Not that it's impossible there will be GPD, but there's the current list of what unicorns can cure. All with a swish of a tail!
Instructor
#805 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I think it's going to be like the grocery store where you can buy the normal pets in the store/over the phone/wherever and then you have to find the more exotic ones. (where do they sell crows and kimono dragons in pet shops?

Indo-China? j/k. I can't say that I have first-hand knowledge of any pet shops in Southern California that sell crows, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if there were some. And since Komodo Dragons are extremely poisonous, I doubt that anywhere in the US would be allowed to sell them. Not to mention they're very large.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#806 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:13 PM
In real life, the only way to get a Komodo Dragon is as a gift from the Indonesian government.
Forum Resident
#807 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:22 PM
Im not sure if im the only one who has noticed, but in some pictures, the pets look very cartooned.
Instructor
#808 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Octavia<3
Im not sure if im the only one who has noticed, but in some pictures, the pets look very cartooned.

Not especially surprising considering that the sims themselves seem very cartooned vs. previous incarnations of the game.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#809 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:58 PM
Wait...you can bathe your dog but not your baby?
Forum Resident
#810 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 12:05 AM
I posted this in the unicorns thread, but I'll post it here too just in case some people are not following that thread:

Screen shot posted by MilutinMujovic in the official Sims 3 forum (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...70/413385.page).
Forum Resident
#811 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 1:35 AM
Determined to keep secrets that simply aren't secret anymore. I just don't get those guys. Eh. I'm more excited about potential growable carrots than I am about the Unicorn.
Forum Resident
#812 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
Determined to keep secrets that simply aren't secret anymore. I just don't get those guys. Eh. I'm more excited about potential growable carrots than I am about the Unicorn.

I'm more excited for the vending machines than anything else. Munchies!
Retired
retired moderator
#813 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 1:45 AM
Quote:

Not "determined". Just "bound by non-disclosure agreements from overzealous, unimaginative marketing experts."

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#814 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
Oh, yeah! Almost forgot about that. FINALLY we can have vending machines back. Honestly, I think they should have been put in the Town Life pack but what do I know? I'm hoping that they'll be easily editable to vend more than just what they're supposed to.

Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Not "determined". Just "bound by non-disclosure agreements from overzealous, unimaginative marketing experts."

lol, same thing. Somebody at the top is very determined that we mustn't know these things before it's "time" to know them. Nevermind that most of us are smart enough to figure it out anyway....
Top Secret Researcher
#815 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Quote:
It’s pretty handy having a Unicorn around! They can cure certain ailments from bites, getting kicked, curses or even nausea, all with a swish of a tail!

No mention of GPD. Not that it's impossible there will be GPD, but there's the current list of what unicorns can cure. All with a swish of a tail!

Okay... So what does unicorn cure, since there are a list. I'm intrigue!
Field Researcher
#816 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 4:38 AM
Well, based on that list, it looks like it just removes bad moodlets. I'm not inclined to believe that getting bitten or kicked will incur more than a negative moodlet, and the mummy's curse and nausea are already in-game moodlets. Using a unicorn rather than going through the process of getting rid of the curse is sort of useful, but other than that... well, how boring. I hope I'm wrong and it cures more interesting things that are coming with the game.
Instructor
#817 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:39 AM
I haven't seen this posted. These tweets by Graham may be the explanation of the "missing" Allergic to Fur trait.
Test Subject
#818 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:03 AM
hope theres birds!
Test Subject
#819 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:04 AM
lol
preetyy cool
Mad Poster
#820 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09

And ice-cream cones, finally! I waited for these for as long as I played TS2, and hope they would make a comeback with every new EP announced.
Field Researcher
#821 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
And ice-cream cones, finally! I waited for these for as long as I played TS2, and hope they would make a comeback with every new EP announced.

Well, sims never had tongues until TS3 So I guess that explains the delay...
Forum Resident
#822 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 3:24 PM
On the official forums, Moonseeker23 found something:

Quote: Originally posted by Moonseeker23
haven't finished reading this thread but I just have to point two things out that are in the stbl file. There's a trait for dogs "raised by wolves" and what about that lifetime reward called "Alpha".

Do you guys think that might be in some way related to werewolves or just them doing something a tad wolfish?

Edit: Here's the part of the stbl I'm talking about:
"0xF499155E71DAFD67","RaisedbyWolves"
"0xF9BFA754006FDFD3","RaisedbyWolvesDescription"
"0x275C19C5E1BAC4DB","RaisedbyWolvesDescriptionShort"
"0xC99BE08051A1C66B","AlphaPet"
"0x8324258E927278B7","AlphaPetDescription"
"0x581568B876DC85BF","AlphaPetShortDescription"
Alchemist
#823 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
Well, sims never had tongues until TS3 So I guess that explains the delay...

Tongueless Sims 1 Sims had ice cream cones.
Mad Poster
#824 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 4:10 PM
If EA bring back the interaction of toddlers falling asleep in the pet beds, I will be in the stores at first light to buy this EP, on release day.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#825 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
If EA bring back the interaction of toddlers falling asleep in the pet beds, I will be in the stores at first light to buy this EP, on release day.

LOL I can see it now...

"Good evening everyone and I'm Tammy Shidmit with channel 5 news. We have breaking details on the new catastrophe that is sending the gaming world for a spin. This news may be graphic for some of our younger views. It seems computer gaming juggernaut Electronic Arts, also known as "EA", has a huge mess on their hands with their latest addition to the Sims 3 library of simulation games, the Sims 3 Pets. Apparently there was a slip up in the internal coding and when toddlers fall asleep in what is known as a pet bed...get this...they get designated as a "leftover crumb". When the pets in the game find this "leftover crumb"...well...we all know what happens when food falls on the floor when pets are around. The coding was meant for something else but somehow got attached to toddlers. First day buyers have returned their games in droves across the nation. No word from Electronic Arts at the moment but parents of potential players are furious."
Locked thread
Page 33 of 100