Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:37 PM
i didn't happen this time, for now unleast but there isn't anything called extended manual edit in the vertex menu, onlu manual edit:s
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:41 PM
go get demon's tools and install them. That's part of the instructions beginning of the tutorial.

and you're supposed to answer NO about including additional bones. I'm sorry, Wes changed the dialog box. You can say 'yes' to fix underweight bones (which is not in the tutorial)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#103 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:23 PM
now i have downloaded the demon's tools, and moved them to local disc, programfiles and milkshape, but heres still no extende manual edit but the two files i downloaded isn't called msExtendedManualEdit.dll and msAlignNormals.dll, they are called MTS2_260194_demon432_msAlignNormals and MTS2_260928_demon432_ExtendedManualEdit_v106c....?:S
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 4:32 PM
fiepijah, you need to unzip/unrar them first?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#105 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 2:31 PM
hi again i'm importing Al's shoes to the body mesh, but when i am finished with the editing and am about to export the mesh, i get an error that says: unassigned bones exists! ?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:52 AM
fiepijah - my crystal ball isn't functioning well tonight. I'm looking but I see nothing.

Test Subject
#107 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 1:42 PM
you don't see the picture?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:19 PM
No, you can't link us to a picture on YOUR C: Drive. You must go back and hit 'edit' then hit manage attachments button after your message, and upload the picture to the server here.

Test Subject
#109 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 10:25 PM
Default Help please
Thank you so much TIG for this wonderful tutorial, the 3 tutorials are amazing , and God bless you for this huge work.

I made the 3 tutorials and everything looked great. Now i'm trying to do my own mesh, and it's a combined one too, one of them is the adult female formal long black dress which it's name in SimPE in prop. set is afbodydresslonghug_black, and the other one is the adult female short formal black dress which it's name in SimPE is afdressaboveknee_bnw. I edited the 1st mesh and made it shorter, and i used the legs and shoes of the 2nd mesh and combined the 2 meshes together. Everything is looking great in UVmapping and all other stuff, except that when i opened Bodyshop to see what's going on , and i saw this thing (as shown in the image), can you help me REMOVING the long trousers or socks please ?

Thank you so much again.
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 11:59 PM
Purple Sheera,
So, is the body shape exactly what you imagined? It looks to me like you forgot to edit your alpha graphic - go make a new recolor, and make sure that the alpha part on the legs area is black - that looks like the bottom of a dress on her legs.

Test Subject
#111 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 2:34 AM
Thank you so much TIG for your reply. So if i'll make the alpha part of the legs area black , will the legs look normal into the game ? What i ment , will they have the original skin color of a Sim ?

Thank u again Tig.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 5:41 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 17th Apr 2007 at 5:58 AM.
Purple Sheera - please go back and do the entire series of tutorials on bodyshop skinning (over here ), to gain more understanding of how sim clothing is made, which is gonna keep thwarting you (and also make it harder for you to create good mesh designs). The way sims clothing works *is* that the alpha controls which part of the design is 'outfit' and which part lets skin show through. I believe that is taught (probably by moving a neckline) in all 3 series of bodyshop tutorials we have on site. There's 3-4 tutorials each in a set for photoshop, gimp, or paint.net (the last 2 of which are free programs)

Test Subject
#113 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 10:56 AM
Thank u Tig.
Test Subject
#114 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 8:02 AM
Thanks, tig! This tutorial was great! Still I have one question. What would have caused my mesh to totally explode? I followed the steps carefully. :o

Never, under any circumstance, not even once in a while, is it appropriate to wear socks with your sandals.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 4:51 PM
Sophia_ explode when fat or explode... always?
When fat, remake the fat morph. Otherwise, I suggest just starting over, no idea.

Test Subject
#116 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Sophia_ explode when fat or explode... always?
When fat, remake the fat morph. Otherwise, I suggest just starting over, no idea.

Exploded before making the fat morph. But thanks anyway.

Never, under any circumstance, not even once in a while, is it appropriate to wear socks with your sandals.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 12:31 PM
Default alpha mesh question
i wasnt sure where to pop this, but seen as there is a brief explaination for alpha meshing at the bottom i thaught i would take a chance. basically i was wondering say if you use the hula dress for one section of the outfit for say like the dress or something and you wanted more alpha areas on the outfit how would you go about making a flat plane to act as a member of that particular group for example alpha group 3 or something... do you just add what ever mesh you make to that particular alpha group or is there more to it ?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 2:44 PM
Melanise, that's pretty much it - just like you can add/replace shoes on a mesh by regrouping and fixing the comments. You can delete the entire hula skirt mesh parts, but you need the group name and comments so that you can _easily_ tie in the new meshy bits to your mesh - your recolor file will have the two parts, the textures will be linked to the groups, each group will have a matd you can alter, etc. Note that when you start working with alpha, the alpha has a morph also - and morphs must still have exactly matching vertices - so either carefully do identical edits or recreate the fat morph as outlined here for the alpha part of the mesh also.

Field Researcher
#119 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 4:40 PM
thankyou so much tiggery ^.^ also its accured to me that there is a front and back face to these alpha's.. or is it just me and is there another way of getting a front and back face on a flat plane without having 2 identical pieces close together ?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 6:35 PM
once you have your shape the way you like it, if it needs a lining, read the milkshape tips in the faq/infocenter - there's a link there to easy ways to make a lining.

Field Researcher
#121 Old 17th May 2007 at 4:15 PM
I have one question....Can I add pregmorphs to a body with this tutorial?

Thanks,

B
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 19th May 2007 at 10:43 AM
Maloekoegirl, Start with a base mesh as your first import that has a preg morph once you have your initial mesh completed. Then repeat the procedure to remake the fat morph and also make a pregmorph. Note that the game alone will not support any new preg meshes, you will need to use a hack to use them.

Test Subject
#123 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:40 AM
i was about to ask what was going wrong within the first step... the dress was not cut off short and on the legs like yours was in the picture. Then i realized that this fact is because i used the OLD dress, not the one from the last tutorial. this meant that the alpha and color were no-longer lengthened (which is what made your dress show on the legs when you used the old mesh) Because it is shorter than the mesh edited in the last tutorial. I thought that if this confused anyone else it would be a good idea to put in here in case others didn't want to have to use the dress form tutorial 2. or if they deleted it.

Adrumsolo4u
P.M.A.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:08 PM
well i was making a mesh like always i thought it might explode lol but it didn't at least i think so...it has this weird line thing and i was thinking it might be a bad bone assignment i tried reassigning but i couldn't fix it...am i missing something or did i do assingments wrong?i'm pretty sure i didn't miss a step. can someone help btw i attached a pic so you can see what i mean
Screenshots

Want free quality downloads? then visit my site!!
www.toxiccharm.net
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 10:01 PM
Those are bad bone assignments, almost guaranteed. You need to go through your assignments on that foot and look at every one of them. Make sure they add up to 100% - and make sure that you somehow didn't assign them to some other bone than that foot. It looks like probably all those would be assigned to 100% foot. If you find one that's wrong, fix it, and hit the commit button before going to the next one.

Page 5 of 11