Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-In-One and Nanny 090429

by christianlov Posted 26th May 2008 at 9:57 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 1:22 PM by christianlov : Bug found

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 224 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 10
Test Subject
#151 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:29 AM
One of the best mods ever created for The Sims 2.

Wolfe
Scholar
#152 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 7:55 PM
Something strange happend with the new version I think. At least I have not seen it before. On a lot with a home business the All-in-one starts to sell things to customers and acts as the employees. I have a lot of other mods and I will try to find out if there is a conflict with other mods.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:21 PM
Autnomy - sit - mean that the NPC will sit and wait for the next task, if there is a chair nearby. No autonomy= it stands by the painting.
The new behaviour in OFB shops is a new feature, which before was tied to the special cash register.
Top Secret Researcher
#154 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:08 AM
Hi, Christianlov.

I just got Apartment Life today, and imagine my surprise when one of the people who moved into my apartment building was named Christian Love. Since there's also a More Romantic Than You bed, it looks like Maxis is honoring selected modders. You well deserve it!

Thanks for all you do for us!

Corylea

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Scholar
#155 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Morphar : 29th Aug 2008 at 7:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ingeli
The new behaviour in OFB shops is a new feature, which before was tied to the special cash register.

I take it that was an answer to my problem?
In that case it is a feature that I definitely don't need. Can it be turned off?
Was it introduced in the latest release?

Edit:

I found this in the release notes for previus release. Is thar it?
4. Busineess add-ons may not work.
Test Subject
#156 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:54 AM
christianlov,

You are beyond awesome. I actually stopped playing sims for a while just because i hated the maxis nannies so much. Now, because of your wonderful nanny hack, I know my sim lilones are being taken care of. Like for this one family, Elle Green *I think that's her name, can't remember* sits for the couple's toddler son Braxton. Before with maxis nanny, he'd kick and scream bloody murder anytime she tried to touch him, but with Elle, he can't get enough of her. He even throws a tantrum with her pic in a thought bubble above his head when she leaves after her shift, because he doesn't want her to go. It's so cute. Thanks again hun, you're the best.

Patti
Test Subject
#157 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:44 AM
You make the greatest stuff....and I download absolutely everything you make!! You make the sims a bit more enjoyable. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
Test Subject
#158 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 6:09 PM
ok, my question is a bit silly. How can i use my playable as nanny? Is that even possible? I knew we can assign them as maid but as a nanny?

Thanks for your help, and i really love your stuff!
Field Researcher
#159 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 5:29 PM
I have a problem. When the whole family leaves the lot (adults to work and kids to school) so that there are no more playble sims on the lot, the nanny QUITS, and I have no nanny for the kids when they get home from school.
Scholar
#160 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FLChicago
I have a problem. When the whole family leaves the lot (adults to work and kids to school) so that there are no more playble sims on the lot, the nanny QUITS, and I have no nanny for the kids when they get home from school.

You set up the clock in and clock out so that it suits the parents work shedule. You can also select under Preferences that Nanny stays for 24 hours.
Test Subject
#161 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 11:44 PM
em i dont understand!
Field Researcher
#162 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 12:24 PM
Did the scheduling. Everything worked fine until youngest child left for school, and house was empty.
Field Researcher
#163 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 1:54 PM
I have the same problem. She arrived before the kids get off the bus and announced that she was leaving because there are no kids at home. Then the bus drops off the kids and there are no adults available for them because the parents are still at work. I had to leave the lot without saving so I didn't lose the kids to the social worker.

Also, once she leaves in this manner, all further scheduling is deleted.

She didn't use to have a problem if no kids were in the house at the moment. She just quietly stood there until the kids arrived to give her something to do. Is it possible to go back to that way?

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Test Subject
#164 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 4:56 PM
Since I installed AL I can't schedule NPCs. A message comes up saying there is no NPC of that type. I can schedule "others" to act as an NPC, so I've been sceduling a neighbor or playable sim. This happens in both regular lots and apartment lots. This is with a freshly installed game, btw.

Also, the NPC doesn't work on apartment lots, unless you don't have her get the mail. If you have her set to get the mail, the game freezes as soon as the mail delivery comes. If I delete the NPC painting and the NPC then the game becomes unfrozen. She may not be able to handle the new apartment mailboxes, or possibly it could be connected to the bug the AL apartments are having with the mailboxes.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 4:41 PM
Thank you for updating this! The Ai1 and the Nanny are the top two of my favorites from your creations. Thank you.
Test Subject
#166 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 10:37 AM
hi, i would just like to ask something. i downloaded this and my game is the sims2 but it did not show up in the broke family and the dreamer family. does this hack need to be sims2 Korean version?
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:42 PM
stupid question: if the all in one is supposed to be a gardener, why he haven't got a gold medal thing in gardening?
Mad Poster
#168 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohanFoppa
stupid question: if the all in one is supposed to be a gardener, why he haven't got a gold medal thing in gardening?
I assume he or she would gain gardening badge points fairly quickly if you have him or her do a lot of gardening. You could also hire a nieghbour that you knew had the Gold Gardening (you could even hire a plantsim!). Obviously, I didn't make this mod and I really don't know much about it, so if what I'm saying isn't helpful then please just ignore it.
Field Researcher
#169 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mischelle13
hi, i would just like to ask something. i downloaded this and my game is the sims2 but it did not show up in the broke family and the dreamer family. does this hack need to be sims2 Korean version?

You have to buy the painting and put it in the house before any NPCs will show up. It is not already in the Broke house, it is just easy to test it there.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Test Subject
#170 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 12:19 AM

Oh wow! I completely lost track of your download christian. I have your AIO I downloaded like eons ago, and I could never find this thread to check to see if you updated it lol

I will download your new version now.

=D

Those Who Run From The Darkness Are Those Who Are Swallowed By The Light. Those That Creep In The Shadows, Are The Darkness' Shape-shifters.

- imp

Twitter: @Hypnotikid
Test Subject
#171 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
This is one of my favorite mods. Their is no way I could ever play the game anymore without this mod. This beats anything EAxis could ever think of. Thanks for this awesome work.
Field Researcher
#172 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 11:50 PM
first, great mod, thank you very much. One question I cant find the bed. I have gone through my beds, each and every one 4x, no exaggeration. No where to be found. Could you update or reply as to its name and or a picture of it? much appreciated!
Test Subject
#173 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:18 PM Last edited by kortz2000 : 15th Dec 2008 at 10:31 PM.
i cant find the bed ! will the nany /ain1 sleep on dma sims npc bed which is in the misc section and not the bed section? or is that why i cant find the npc bed with the ain1 set?

edit - found the bed, its the npc pine bed in the top of list
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 2:09 PM Last edited by hodsh1 : 28th Dec 2008 at 3:42 PM.
Is this compatible with AL? I have AL installed and sometimes it works but it keeps coming up with error messages saying 'Invalid routing slot specified'
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#175 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 2:31 PM
The original post states this is not an AL fix.
Page 7 of 10