Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 3:11 PM
Default WCIF a fix for pet display case
Hello, I am currently playing the ultimate collection and I have a weird bug regarding the pet case display. When I place it for sale on sims owned businesses and whenever a playable sim, who visited the lot buys a pet, they always come back with an elderly pet. They are also either elderly cats (even though I only placed the dog display, they still somehow buy cats from it) or small dogs - never a big breed
My brother also has the same copy of ultimate collection and has the exact same issue. I tried searching this up, but found no matching results. Do you guys know whether such thing exist, and if it does, where I can find it?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 10:41 PM
Maybe try No Autonomous Pet Buying by Pescado. (You can find the correct version for your game here.) If you get a mod for simulated sales (there's several of these mods around; they prevent playables from actually buying things at owned business, so that they don't waste their money buying things players don't want them to have), it should also cover that issue.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Maybe try No Autonomous Pet Buying by Pescado. (You can find the correct version for your game here.) If you get a mod for simulated sales (there's several of these mods around; they prevent playables from actually buying things at owned business, so that they don't waste their money buying things players don't want them to have), it should also cover that issue.

The thing is: I like the feature about mu playables keeping the stuff they buy. I like to place what they choose in the house and I’d like them to keep pets, but all they get is the old ones that die very soon.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 9:25 AM
No Autonomous Pet Buying will only stop pet buying, not any other things that they can buy. You can still have them buy a pet by sending them to a community lot when they roll the want.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 10:28 AM
Are you positive it's a bug ? It might just be random, and randomness doesn't always mean variety, it often means having the same outcome six times in a row.

The bought pet should be randomized when you load the lot, have you tried reloading again and again until you get a pet you like ?

Maybe there is also some kind of first-born-syndrome effect, try going in CAS before loading your lot, create a dummy household with a few random pets, then exit without saving them.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 10:42 AM
I don't know how you're getting cats from a dog display, but I suddenly remembered that I had to temporarily remove nostrayrespawn when I wanted to use the phone for pet adoption, because there were no kittens/puppies, as the hack had stopped them being created. If you have a similar hack then remove it and call the adoption line. You don't have to buy a pet, just let them spawn and then save and you can put the hack back.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 5:34 PM
@charity Midge has fixed nostrayrespawn here, if you're interested!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Are you positive it's a bug ? It might just be random, and randomness doesn't always mean variety, it often means having the same outcome six times in a row.

The bought pet should be randomized when you load the lot, have you tried reloading again and again until you get a pet you like ?

Maybe there is also some kind of first-born-syndrome effect, try going in CAS before loading your lot, create a dummy household with a few random pets, then exit without saving them.

Yes I did, it always generates a different pet, but they are always old. In every single case. And it also never gives me a big breed regardless how many times I exit and reloaded again.
I thought about the poor generator to might have been the issue, but I rerolled it in CAS too, it did nothing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't know how you're getting cats from a dog display, but I suddenly remembered that I had to temporarily remove nostrayrespawn when I wanted to use the phone for pet adoption, because there were no kittens/puppies, as the hack had stopped them being created. If you have a similar hack then remove it and call the adoption line. You don't have to buy a pet, just let them spawn and then save and you can put the hack back.

No, I don’t have that mod, I don’t have any mods about townie and stray spawning. I really can’t tell what the exact issue might be, I think it has to be a bug since my brother has the same copy of Ultimate Collection on his computer, we don’t have the same mods, but we have the same issue.
Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:36 PM
@Yzma while researching something else, I came across a mod in XPTL's Archive: Pet Display Makes Only Adult Pets N Small Dogs. The description says "PetDisplayMakesOnlyAdultPetsNSmallDogs - I always forget to choose the age of a pet and end up buying an old pet that will die 5 days later. To avoid this the display will always start with an Adult pet."

No idea if it'll work with your unselectable sims, but it's worth a try, right? There's a link to the XPTL Mod Archive in my signature; in that look in the PetsMods.rar for Petz-PetDisplayMakesOnlyAdultPetsNSmallDogs.package. I don't think the display case make puppies/kittens, fyi, so an adult default is probably your best bet.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Yzma while researching something else, I came across a mod in XPTL's Archive: Pet Display Makes Only Adult Pets N Small Dogs. The description says "PetDisplayMakesOnlyAdultPetsNSmallDogs - I always forget to choose the age of a pet and end up buying an old pet that will die 5 days later. To avoid this the display will always start with an Adult pet."

No idea if it'll work with your unselectable sims, but it's worth a try, right? There's a link to the XPTL Mod Archive in my signature; in that look in the PetsMods.rar for Petz-PetDisplayMakesOnlyAdultPetsNSmallDogs.package. I don't think the display case make puppies/kittens, fyi, so an adult default is probably your best bet.

It worked!! Thank you so much!!
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 7:51 PM
Sim manipulator allows you to change the age of a pet back to adult
Alchemist
#13 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 10:06 PM
No problem, Yzma; glad I could help!

And @Fearless Butterfly, that's good to know--thanks! I was looking for a mod that de-ages pets but only came across a thread that mentioned you shouldn't age down pets to a puppy/kitten, as it doesn't work properly (the game considers it to be an adult in a puppy/kitty body, interactions are lost, etc.).

aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#14 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 7:59 PM
You do need to be the pet and click on sim manipulator for it to work. I think its boolprop controlpets on