Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#126 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 7:32 AM
Velocitygrass' last post was from November, though. And he hasn't logged in since March (took a gander at his profile). So I don't think there's a big chance he'll be working on this tool.

This space intentionally left blank...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
Velocitygrass' last post was from November, though. And he hasn't logged in since March (took a gander at his profile). So I don't think there's a big chance he'll be working on this tool.

This is what caused me to freak out internally. I stalked up that page too. However, Fogity has agreed to make something work if this tool has been abandoned. We just have to give a shout.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#128 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 1:17 PM
I haven't had any issues
Mad Poster
#129 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 1:21 PM
With GTW? It is just a GTW issue at this time. The tuning files for it are not extracting completely.

Instructor
#130 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 2:22 PM
I can confirm that if you fix the #quote stuff to be proper code, the mod is loaded fine. I made edits to Sim templates from GTW and as far as I can tell, these mods are working (i haven't done extensive testing, though). I did have to replace bad code in one XML (the others extracted fine). The problem is of course, is that we don't know the original values of the things we would be modding. I was lucky that with the Sim template it was just some skill randomization, so it didn't really matter. I copied that particular code from a properly extracted Sim template from the basegame.

This space intentionally left blank...
Mad Poster
#131 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:03 PM
The file I wanted to mod had missing numbers, so I have no idea what went there. It is really hit and miss.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#132 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:22 PM
The posted a binary template for the new tuning format yesterday, in case that helps anyone: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/826671/binary-tuning-sim-data-resource-0x545ac67a-and-0x62e94d38

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
#133 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 5:19 PM
Weirdly, the EP01 XMLs appear to have been extracted successfully on my PC with the velocitygrass tool. Values, quotation marks and all. So maybe it's not just the tool causing the issue?
Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 5:29 PM
@Dorsal Axe, how did you extract them, what file did you use to get them to extract right?
Forum Resident
#135 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:40 PM
I used the EP01 file supplied by SimGuruModSquad, but I don't recall doing anything different to the usual extraction process other than directing the output to its own subfolder (which I can't imagine would affect anything).
Top Secret Researcher
#136 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 8:10 PM
Hmm interesting, I've done the same thing and still have issues with the coding. Would you be willing to share the xmls? I'd really like to make a couple of mods but it's hard to when the files come out jumbled.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:21 PM
I took a swing at writing some code to extract tuning from the combined tuning. I think I got it right, but I haven't done much tuning modding myself, so I might have overlooked something. Therefore I leave it to you to check my work, which I think is a fair trade.

Here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...cted_Tuning.zip
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:22 PM
Do all the files come out jumbled claudiasharon? Can you give me the instance or name of a file that's jumbled for you because i'm not seeing any problems with my files either but want to check.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 12:08 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 7th Apr 2015 at 1:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fogity
I took a swing at writing some code to extract tuning from the combined tuning. I think I got it right, but I haven't done much tuning modding myself, so I might have overlooked something. Therefore I leave it to you to check my work, which I think is a fair trade.

Thanks Fogity!! The file I was originally trying to mod was missing quite a few lines. So crazy!

As for the extractor, I'm on Windows 7. Would it make a difference on other machines if they were on Windows 8? I don't understand why it is behaving differently for some.

Edit: You know what, though? That file isn't working. I only changed one number...I changed something from 25 minutes to 23 minutes, a little meaningless change just to test it. When my sims tries to do that interaction, I get a Llama picture in the queue, and then it vanishes. I am going to try to pull everything out, and test it by itself.

Edit 2: Pulling everything but this test mod didn't work either. Still getting the Llama and dropped queue.

Top Secret Researcher
#140 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 1:19 AM
I'm on Windows 8 so I don't think that's it....
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 2:16 AM Last edited by Marquillotuca89 : 7th Apr 2015 at 2:40 AM.

OMG

Thank you so much. I'm going to try to do something with this tuning files and I'm going to check if everything goes well. Let me see if I have the same problems that MadameButterfly has.

Edit: Seems like I didn't do something xD

Interaction keep blocked. I'm about to quit and let this to the experienced modders. xD
Top Secret Researcher
#142 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 2:42 AM Last edited by claudiasharon : 7th Apr 2015 at 2:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JustAnotherSimsFan
Do all the files come out jumbled claudiasharon? Can you give me the instance or name of a file that's jumbled for you because i'm not seeing any problems with my files either but want to check.

Most of the ones from the EP seem to, yes. The base game xmls are fine. It's just the EP01 files that come out messed up. For instance, under interactions there's this one, 0x00000000000191CE, and that comes out with the space issue.

And they're not exactly jumbled, just missing a couple of lines of text.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:04 AM
Ok, I oficially quit until we have something new. xD

I've been trying in all the ways possible but anyone of them works, I don't if It's me the one who is making a mistake with naming or something.
Instructor
#144 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:22 AM
What interaction exactly are we talking about and complete resource name please.

Edit: I see it here too.

<L n="basic_extras">
<V t="pregnancy">
<U n="pregnancy">
<E n="pregnancy_origin">ALIEN_ABDUCTION</E>
<V n="pregnancy_parent" t="from_filter">
<U n="from_filter">
<T n="filter">102918<!--filter_AlienPollinator-->
</T>
</U>
</V>
<U n="success_chance">
<L n="multipliers">
<U> n=&quot;multiplier&quot;<L n="tests">
<L>
<V t="sim_info">
<U n="sim_info"> n=&quot;gender&quot;</U>
</V>
</L>
<L>
<V t="test_set_reference">
<T n="test_set_reference">101697</T>
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
What interaction exactly are we talking about and complete resource name please.

alienAbduction_BeAbducted, S4_E882D22F_00000000_00000000000191CE.xml

See attached screenshots of my xml versus Fogity's. I'm not sure why Fogity's has all those spaces though.

I think I'll try to edit Fogity's xml and see what happens.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#146 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 8:16 AM
Fogity's file just has the formating built in. You can see it okay in Notepad++.

Top Secret Researcher
#147 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:11 AM
Well I went and was able to create the mod I wanted! No more alien babies. Yay! It's working just fine now.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:31 AM Last edited by JustAnotherSimsFan : 7th Apr 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Awesome!

I've checked my alien abduction file but unfortunately it's showing the same problem as azoresman posted. Now to try making a mod for GTW with the tuning files Fogity uploaded.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:26 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 7th Apr 2015 at 12:31 PM.
If someone get's a tuning mod to work, give a shout. I think I'm having some rotten luck with GTW thus far. I need a victory to celebrate, even if it's not my own. :D

Edit: I missed Claudiasharon's post! (Woke up in the middle of the night, and groggy posted.) But Yay!! I guess I'll keep trying then.

Edit 2: I decided to approach my own problem from a different angle, and mod a different file...and that worked! So yay here, too!

Field Researcher
#150 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 2:31 PM

It works! I nearly burst into tears... Dear Fogity thank you SO much!
Page 6 of 9