Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 4:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to make packages from DCBackup usable?
So i made a huge mistake. In order to troubleshoot an earlier issue, i had deleted the DCCache folder and renamed the DCBackup folder. I figured since it is named backup it would work as a backup.
But it doesn't. Even excluding the packages that are corrupt or protected or something because store items, and using only packages that are seemingly totally healthy, i could not actually load any of them into the game. The same crash crops up as in my previous thread.
Now i know there has to be a way to get this to work, because the packages are technically healthy packages S3PE opens without an issue, and which could be attached to lots you share for example, but how?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 6:47 PM
Okay never mind it turns out that somewhere along the thousands of package files, there was a world file buried, so in the end the issue was down to the same thing as in the previous thread.

Packages from DCBackup can be used.

World packages from DCBackup can not be used.