Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 10:00 PM
It seems as if many have the same problem...
Advertisement
#177 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 6:31 AM
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Now i finally learned how to recolor things.. ehhehe
#178 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 9:16 PM
how do you get to body shop
Test Subject
#179 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 4:13 AM
Thank You Thank You Thank You
Test Subject
#180 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 5:00 PM
Do you need Adobe Photoshop to create your creations? See i'am kind of new at this and I was just wondering if you do?
Test Subject
#181 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 4:23 PM
wow thats awesome! Thanks
Test Subject
#182 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 4:47 PM
a little help
Faylen

Your tutorial is great. I have been trying to figure out how to creat clothes for weeks. But my clothes are not importing into my game. What folder should I be saving these new textures in.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#183 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 5:06 PM
you need to remember to do that last step - after you have done the refresh thing and see your new clothing on the model - you need to hit a button which will automatically build the final version and put it in your game for you (into your Saved Sims folder)
Test Subject
#184 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 3:59 AM
Faylen I am unfortunately having the same problem as tugbug. I am using version 7.0
#185 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 1:38 PM Last edited by n00bster : 26th Feb 2006 at 1:49 PM.
how do i recollor millitary uniforms and police uniforms?
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#186 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 2:13 PM
OK, if you're having a specific problem, you need to give me more than "same problem as. . ." because this is a very big, very long-running thread. Let me see if I can hit some bases all over again.

Body Shop comes with your game. You go to "My Documents" from your start menu. Double click "EA Games". Double click "The Sims 2". Double click "CS Bin" and you will see "Body Shop.exe". This will open and install Body Shop for you. If you want, you can then set up a shortcut by right clicking on the Body Shop icon and selecting "Create Shortcut". That way it'll be on your desktop and you don't need to search around for it again.

Photo Shop is a very powerful commercial image editing program made by Adobe. You can buy the latest version for just under $700. You can buy an older version on various auction sites, and it will still work. Gimp, a free program, is available at GIMP.org, and it handles layers. Other paint programs require more artistic skill on your part because they work directly on the image, and don't create additional layers.

With photoshop, you can check your Image Size on your texture.bmp file (The one you've edited) and make sure it's 1024x1024 pixels. If it has somehow changed to 512x512, just replace it with the correct numbers and Save As. This should fix the pixelization problem that you see in Body Shop on the mannequin. If things look fine in Body Shop but blurry in the game, the things to try are setting the game graphics higher. If this does not work, then download a newer video driver for your video card. If this does not work, you most likely need a better video card.

Make sure you follow all the instructions in the tutorial. If you select "Save" instead of "Save As" in PhotoShop, a copy file will be created, and the original texture.bmp will still be there, unchanged. When you're done, you need to give your project a name and select "Export to Game" from Body Shop. This puts the file in Saved Sims. You may remove your project from your "Projects" folder, either while you're in Body Shop, or directly from the Projects folder, unless you want to save it as a template for something else right away.

As for this last one about the military uniforms - check out Morague's tutorial on how to unlock career clothes, or look for the career outfits she already unlocked and put in the downloads section here.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
#187 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:18 PM
Hey thanks for this I'll be doing this will a lot of clothing thanks to you
Test Subject
#188 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 4:34 PM Last edited by 1ststaric2night : 6th Mar 2006 at 4:52 PM.
I have a problem creating custom content in bodyshop. The recolours look fine when I try them on the mannequin in bodyshop just before I upload it, but when I upload it the clothes become blurry...(I'm using PaintShopPro but I don't think that's the problem). The same thing happens when I edit eyebrows... when i upload it to bodyshop the face becomes blurry. This problem about the clothes and other content becoming blurry started happening when using the bodyshop from nightlife, the previous bodyshops in the original and uni didn't do this because i recoloured eyes and hair and makeup and they came out fine.
Test Subject
#189 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 12:07 PM
Default Help
Thanks for the tutorial and all the work you put in it's great :nod: , but I have a problem is there another program I can use instead of AdobePhotoShop? :insane: Thankyou again............
#190 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 12:09 PM Last edited by ishte : 7th Mar 2006 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Ugh... I cannot type at 7 am! There are probably more typos. :sorry:
Default Blurry images on Recolor
Quote: Originally posted by 1ststaric2night
I have a problem creating custom content in bodyshop. The recolours look fine when I try them on the mannequin in bodyshop just before I upload it, but when I upload it the clothes become blurry...(I'm using PaintShopPro but I don't think that's the problem). The same thing happens when I edit eyebrows... when i upload it to bodyshop the face becomes blurry. This problem about the clothes and other content becoming blurry started happening when using the bodyshop from nightlife, the previous bodyshops in the original and uni didn't do this because i recoloured eyes and hair and makeup and they came out fine.

This is when I started having problems too. I did plenty of hair and eye recolors prior to installing nightlife, but now it just looks terrible. The things I did before look fine. I know it's not my video card, because this is only with things I do myself. Other recolors that I download look just awesome, the detail is superb. It's the same computer it was in January when I installed Nightlife, and nothing has changed.

Now, that said, after reading through (couple of hours of reading problems, reading solutions) and seeing that my problem was not unique (to my relief, otherwise I probably would not have found any answers) I started testing the various theories. Note: I use Paintshop Pro Seven, and have for some years so I know my way around the program fairly well. What I learned may be helpful, at least to the people who actually read the answers before asking the same questions over and over... sorry to you moderators for that.

First: I increased the resolution... then it occurred to me that a 256x256 bitmap is still going to be a 256x256 bitmap... increasing the pixels per inch won't change that.. it will just make the bitmap smaller in inches, not pixels. Ok.. so scratch that idea...

Second, I read where a user noticed that her bitmaps were decreasing in size every time they were exported. She thought about 90%... So I tried increasing the size of the bitmaps... since they were 256x256, I decided that 3 times as big might give a better resolution. sharpened my images, increased the sizes sharpened again... saved... NO DICE... when I imported, I got a baldy.. not Daniel's custom hair I had been working on. Bah... scratch that idea, read on...

Third, I found a reference that said the bitmaps should be 1024X1024... and a theory was put out that for some reason they might be getting saved as 512x512... well in my case they are being exported at 256x256... and I hadn't saved my last batch in an even numbered multiple of 256... should have realised that would matter... so I took my images (my battered resized sharpened, belittled, embiggened poor poor images now.) and increased thier sizes all the way to 1024x1024... saved em... imported them.. and then looked at Dan's head with his new hair... Well.. it's better now. switched to the other image still sitting there.. oh yes, it's much better than that.

So now, yes, I have to redo the entire hair, becuase I stupidly closed my images every time I resized them, instead of leaving them open so I could just undo the damage... but it's cool..

So here's what you do.. when you export FIRST THING... change all the images alphas and bitmaps to 1024x1024, then do your editing.

My question is this.. is there some setting or something that will tell bodyshop to STOP downsizing the images? Why would it do that? It just ruins the recolor, and I like doing recolors.
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#191 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 9:51 PM
Unfortunately, this seems to be a problem only for some people, and I have no idea what might be causing it. It's never happened to me, but it's happened to other people using hardware and/or software similar to mine, and I'm not any kind of a technically ept person, so I can't figure it out for you. Maybe someone out there who's more familiar with program and hardware compatibility issues will be able to tell what's going on. In the meantime, if you know you have a problem, forewarned is forearmed. It does seem that each time someone who has this glitch gets a new ep, the image halves itself again, though.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
#192 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:21 PM
Default I'll keep digging.
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Unfortunately, this seems to be a problem only for some people, and I have no idea what might be causing it. ... It does seem that each time someone who has this glitch gets a new ep, the image halves itself again, though.

Hmm... Welp... I went and checked through the registry to see if maybe there was something there to indicate. But no dice there. There has to be a reason for it. Maybe I'll go over to the exchange and see if I can find any answers... but the maxis site is so poorly navigable...

I used to wonder why I see sooooo many modders saying things like "DO NOT upload my stuff to the exchange" because I figured sharing is sharing if it's because they want it to stay free (whcih I agree with btw)... but given the way that place is organized.... maybe I do understand better than I think. But if I learn anything, I'll check back and update my solutions.

In the meantime, I was able to also redo a skintone that I was working on, and now it's beautiful. I don't understand why having one bitmap at low res would cause all the others including the clothing and hair and everything to go all blurry, which is what was happening with the skintone. With the hair recolor is was just the hair that was blurry.

:sci: Ishte
#193 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:19 AM
Thank you! Thank you! It works awesome!
#194 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:20 AM
Thank you! Thank you! It works awesome! :nod:

you rock!!!! :call2: I told everybody!

BYE! :salute:
Test Subject
#195 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 3:05 PM
Thank you!
LOL!! Thank You Sooooo Much!! I really needed this.....Thanx
- GINO13 :baloons:
Test Subject
#196 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 11:12 PM
how do you get to the customize screen
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#197 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 11:24 PM
It appears the Body Shop downsizing can be fixed by changing settings: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...200#post1101200

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#198 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 10:22 AM
how do you get photoshop?? Sorry for asking a stupid question!
Test Subject
#199 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 6:25 PM
I don't have Photoshop, or Paint Shop, or anything like that. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to use Microsoft Picture It! to recolor.

Also, when I try to export outfits so I can recolor them, Body Shop doesn't allow me to name the project or save it.

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but I really really need help.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy it very much"
-Edgar Allen Poe
Test Subject
#200 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 7:28 PM
YAY!!!!! IT WORKS!!! I had been doing something dumb when I tried to export the files, and it works quite well with Microsoft Picture It! Yay!

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy it very much"
-Edgar Allen Poe
Page 8 of 12