Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 4:39 AM Last edited by nikkiluvz : 18th Jul 2021 at 5:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Can't find this mod, possible bug
The other day my sim grew from a child to teen, only she didn't age, her lifespan just reset. I thought this was very odd, so I went to other sims, and tried to age them, all ages, including a teen going to college, all ended with the same result, including the young adult, she was still a teen, didn't even treat her like she went to college, she was still a school student. However, agesimscheat does work. I went to the Clean Installer and looked through all the mods, could not find one that matches this particular mod. Does anyone recognize this one?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikkiluvz
The other day my sim grew from a child to teen, only she didn't age, her lifespan just reset. I thought this was very odd, so I went to other sims, and tried to age them, all ages, including a teen going to college, all ended with the same result, including the young adult, she was still a teen, didn't even treat her like she went to college, she was still a school student. However, agesimscheat does work. I went to the Clean Installer and looked through all the mods, could not find one that matches this particular mod. Does anyone recognize this one?

That sounds more like the action of an antivirus or OneDrive.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 7:41 PM
I'm not sure what you think Clean Installer is going to do, here? It's for installing lots and sims. You could try turning on debug mode to see if there is an error, otherwise you will have to do a binary search.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 7:56 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I'm not sure what you think Clean Installer is going to do, here? It's for installing lots and sims. You could try turning on debug mode to see if there is an error, otherwise you will have to do a binary search.
Clean Installer can also be used to sort through mods, it will highlight mods in light, or dark red if the mod has an error, and depending on the severity of it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:23 AM
Interesting. It identified at least one piece of clothing that I know works as "Incomplete Bodyshop Project", it identifies EA Store objects as mods, it identifies food default replacements as mods instead of default replacements, it fails to identify a plumbob default replacement, it fails to identify autosoc, skillinator and some other mods, including possibly all custom social interactions and controllers, it highlights some object mods in red and others not, seemingly at random, it identifies midgethetree's fairy overlay as a collection, it fails to identify most custom spells but randomly identified one of them as an object with a red highlight, it identified a custom memory and a number of typo correction mods as UI mods, which for some reason don't have a red highlight, it failed to identify some other custom memories, it identifies the college tuition mod as a mesh, although it does have a red highlight, and it seems to randomly highlight some stuff which is like clothing, or a hair mesh, or a wallpaper. If this is the same algorithm it uses when installing lots, I am worried about its ability to do that since it seems to completely fail to identify and fail to highlight a significant number of mods, including I think basically all custom social interactions and controllers, which are the principle things that are going to get included with packaged lots if you're not careful. I also have no idea how it decides if a mod has errors or not, I rather suspect it has no ability to do this at all.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Jul 2021 at 12:27 PM.
^ Clean Installer works better for "regular" CC files (plain recolors, meshes, etc.) than files that lack certain resources. The "Incomplete Bodyshop Project" could probably be a Project Package file (these don't show up ingame) or a default replacement. As for mods/hacks, I'd think it depends what kind they are and what they contain, but I have no idea how it identifies what's what.

Might have to take what it says with a grain of salt when installing lots and sims. It does install whatever is in the packaged file if you don't remove anything. It doesn't mark the bad CRES files in sim files and other potentially problematic files, and I have caught it not marking mods and hacked object before. Certain types of CC along with mailbox and trashcan recolors are some of my pet-peeves, so I always go through all the CC before I finalize a downloaded lot with CC or a sim for being okay to put into my game.

----

Quote: Originally posted by nikkiluvz

Someone had a similar, possibly related issue a while back, here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=657664

Just to get that one out of the way - have you recently restored an old backup? Maybe by letting the files override the existing ones?

---

Check you have enough space left on your computer to save the game (The location where you have your saved game/the Documents location is). You usually need at least 5-10 GB left for the game to not cause any issues. Less than 5 and you could run into problems.

---

Check that your antivirus program isn't quarantining any sim files, or stopping the game from saving.

---

If all else fails, backup your game to a safe location on your computer (full "The Sims 2" folder in Documents) and remove your Downloads folder, see if the age issue resolves. The full backup is nice to have just in case something is accidentally removed/changed during the testing process. Just remember to remove the bad files from the backup, too.

Check your mods/hacks with the HCDU if there are any conflicts. Some intentionally conflict but will run fine together if they load in the proper order, so not all conflicts are bad conflicts - just so that's said. But if you find any that seem like they could be the problem, test without one and then without the other, and see if any solves the problem.

You can also try removing the last hacks/mods you added, because the newest introduced are often the problem. A 50/50 search could also be helpful if none of the above helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 12:53 AM
I did something that should have been my first thought, and it worked: I deleted the cache. I always delete it before I play it, but for some reason I hadn't been these past few times.