Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 8:14 PM
Default Puerto Simulado Beach Apartments
So at this point almost all of these buildings have nothing whatsoever inside them, not even floor tiles, so they can still become whatever, really. I'm trying to figure out exactly where I want to go with this lot, but I want to get people's take on it at roughly the 24 hour mark, before I really start putting too much more work into it.

Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:09 PM
The lot looks beautiful. Although, I thought there was a problem with coastal lots with apartments on them. Like if a player were to place this coastal lot in their neighborhood, the water levels will change?

So in terms of uploading it to ModTheSims, I'm wondering how this will go.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:17 PM
My understanding of the problem is that it's like the one that sometimes occurs when placing an apartment lot with a basement, where sometimes it will distort the neighborhood terrain from lot view (though not from neighborhood view) when initially placed, and that moving it and then moving it back will almost always correct the problem.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 7:33 AM
It looks very nice! I like it a lot. I would love to live in one of those houses!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:50 PM
Gorgeous lot Zar. Only the game has issues with lots zoned as an apartment on beach lots. The main reason being that it will sink below sea level and both the terrain and water will be corrupted. It's in the games readme. I would have it as one of the other zonings.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Gorgeous lot Zar. Only the game has issues with lots zoned as an apartment on beach lots. The main reason being that it will sink below sea level and both the terrain and water will be corrupted. It's in the games readme. I would have it as one of the other zonings.

@joandsarah77 , Mootilda had looked into this in years past (see here ), and frankly I trust her a lot more than I trust EAxis on things like this! It looks like it's not always a problem in the first place, and most of the time when it does appear, it's a pretty simple fix (I've run into it a few times with apartments with basements, which Mootilda mentioned as running into this same problem, and the quick-fix has always worked fine for me).

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 11:30 PM
When I went looking for the apartment bug thing I never found that thread, that's great. I believe Moo over anybody else any day as well. Why on earth would they be so dramatic about it if all it took was picking up the lot. Of course, she does go onto say "if this doesn't work" hope that doesn't happen. I wouldn't want to use SimPE just to fix a lot. Maybe make it available in more than one zoning, I think it would make a lovely strip of shops.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
When I went looking for the apartment bug thing I never found that thread, that's great. I believe Moo over anybody else any day as well. Why on earth would they be so dramatic about it if all it took was picking up the lot. Of course, she does go onto say "if this doesn't work" hope that doesn't happen. I wouldn't want to use SimPE just to fix a lot. Maybe make it available in more than one zoning, I think it would make a lovely strip of shops.

It'll be furnished as apartments and on-site shops (of the sort that play nicely with apartment-zoned lots- I'm gradually figuring out more and more ways to do that), but since I don't see anything where residential beach lots are ever prone to this glitch, uploading the lot with "apartmentbase" zoning and also the exact same lot as "residential" seems like it's about as easy a fix as you could ask for... and then players could zone it themselves once they'd placed it (because I agree, having to go through using SimPE just to use a lot would be a dealbreaker for me too).