Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 4:08 AM
Haven't played the Sims 3 in forever and now it's Origin? Need help on modding.
I was wondering what are the mods/mod loaders/etc everyone is using these days that are compatible with the Origin version of the sims...
I have all major packs and all of the stuff packs but only the Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, and Riverview towns.

No Mosaic mod is the main focus but not required.
Something that adds more jobs would be cool
Maybe something that fixes any issues with the Island Paradise world such as buildings it should have that aren't there or plots that should be there that aren't or couldn't fit stock.
but more importantly, anything that is popular right now...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 7:14 AM
The steam version, origin version, CD version all make use of the same Mod. Just keep an eye on the game version (if you have origin it will be 1.69 for CD and steam 1.67) for Core Mods you need a different version then. But script Mods work the same for both because the script base stayed the same, as did tuning Mods. So unless you want a really old Mod that has not been updated in years you can just use all the Mods you want.
I definitely would recommend you going over to https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox and at least pick up Errortrap and Overwatch because they protect your game from corruption and keep your saves playable (I would consider them necessary fixes for the game). Nraas Careers adds new careers, Decensor removes the mosaic.
Here on ModTheSims are ellacharmed's fixed worlds including Isla Paradiso ( I still find it to laggy and prefer other Island worlds, but it makes it playable).
As for the rest just go shopping and have fun