Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:28 PM
Default Portrait poses
Is there any way to enable other ages to do certain portrait poses in the family picture? Because I'm working on a mod and I wanted to know if I could make a younger aged Sim able to do the pose of when Sims hold toddlers in their arms, I have already done the pose but it doesn't seem to work, and maybe there could be something to make the pose work, but if a script mod is required then I'll scrap the idea. Thanks for any help!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 7:24 PM
Wouldn't this be the same issue that you find with any pose for an age that it wasn't designed for? You might need to make a new pose pack with those poses adapted for each age group.

(Which, if you're not a mesher, would be just as much trouble as writing a new script mod...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Wouldn't this be the same issue that you find with any pose for an age that it wasn't designed for? You might need to make a new pose pack with those poses adapted for each age group.

(Which, if you're not a mesher, would be just as much trouble as writing a new script mod...)

No it's something to do with whether a Sim can do the pose or not, I have made the poses and named them exactly how the ones for older Sims are, but something occurs to me that the poses are disabled for children, because they have their own portrait poses. It's kind of a complicated subject

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Site Helper
#4 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 3:02 PM
That's weird. If you know the name of the pose you normally should be able to run it with the pose player even if the pose is for a completely different age group or gender. It will just look really weird.

Although if you want the game to randomly select the pose when creating the picture, you would probably have to find where the poses are stored in the script and edit that bit.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook