Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 5:05 AM
Idk with the girls here but I think the dresses and skirts are way too short. Would you wear those with shorts on? Speaking of shorts, they're on point.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
In my case it has to be the phones. For it seems to me you have the choice of being a sad misanthrope with no friends, or having a whole host of them who keep phoning you whenever you have something important to do. You might want to build the skills necessary to advance in your career, cook something more interesting than canned soup for lunch, finish that novel or painting, do a spot of gardening, or maybe get to first base with that particular sim you would like to be more than just good friends with. Whatever it is, you can be pretty sure the fecking phone will start ringing right in the middle of it! And if you ignore the damned thing too often, you will soon find yourself back with the first option: no friends. But at least there's the consolation of a life of peace and tranquility.

And then there are all this "chance cards" that you get delivered by phone. And why does it take more clicks to get the sims to ignore the phone then to answer it?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 12:23 AM
Kids' muscle costume top, for one...

Sims 3 ID, Origin, Twitter , etc.: SimmerLella
Mad Poster
#55 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:05 PM
I hate the consignment elixir store register. I don't hate its function, but rather its design. It's just bulky looking and looks like it would kill a Sim if they even tried lifting it. I'd love for something more simple in design like the registers from WA instead.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#56 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I hate the consignment elixir store register. I don't hate its function, but rather its design. It's just bulky looking and looks like it would kill a Sim if they even tried lifting it. I'd love for something more simple in design like the registers from WA instead.

I'm not sure since I've never tried it, but the elixir store register's script could possibly be copied to the WA one using The Transmogrifier mod.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee

There's a sleek one on Around the Sims that has several matching registers for other types (in case you want to have one store that's both consignment and elixirs).
Instructor
#58 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 8:48 AM
In my case it's definitely the default eyebrows.

I remember the time when Sims 3 was in just beta phase (elder reminiscing comes here...), and EA invited the most popular bloggers and CC creators to a Creators' Camp to let them test the Sims 3 base game for a day or two. The hype for Sims 3 was huge. I think all the invited participants were enthusiastic and wrote good reviews about the upcoming game except one: Kate of Parsimonious. (If I remember wrong, just correct me.)
Her review was more mixed than good, and just because she dared to criticize several design decisions, the whole sims community ganged up on her and the scandal broke out. The simmers just didn't believe her. It's unbelievable that the new Sims game had flaws like that!

One particular part of her review I never forget was about the eyebrow design (she really didn't like how sims looked). Something like: "the eyebrows of sims look like a kindergarten-age kid would draw with a thick black flipchart marker". - And eventually, after buying the game, I could also see with my own eyes, that yes, Kate was right, they're drawn with a thick flipchart marker. - Most important CCs in my game perhaps are custom eyebrows.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 1:46 PM
^ Yeah, I'm so used to SimpleLife's replacements for the default ones now that the original ones look awful by comparison.

Forum Resident
#60 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flora2
In my case it's definitely the default eyebrows.

I remember the time when Sims 3 was in just beta phase (elder reminiscing comes here...), and EA invited the most popular bloggers and CC creators to a Creators' Camp to let them test the Sims 3 base game for a day or two. The hype for Sims 3 was huge. I think all the invited participants were enthusiastic and wrote good reviews about the upcoming game except one: Kate of Parsimonious. (If I remember wrong, just correct me.)
Her review was more mixed than good, and just because she dared to criticize several design decisions, the whole sims community ganged up on her and the scandal broke out. The simmers just didn't believe her. It's unbelievable that the new Sims game had flaws like that!

One particular part of her review I never forget was about the eyebrow design (she really didn't like how sims looked). Something like: "the eyebrows of sims look like a kindergarten-age kid would draw with a thick black flipchart marker". - And eventually, after buying the game, I could also see with my own eyes, that yes, Kate was right, they're drawn with a thick flipchart marker. - Most important CCs in my game perhaps are custom eyebrows.

I think the eyebrows are fine for the aesthetic. Always room for improvement type stuff which I will not ever see from The Sims again but since I do prefer more realism I do enjoy Simple Life's default eyebrows among other enhancing default replacements.

There wasn't much initially I didn't like except certain rabbit holes which prevented in-depth gameplay such as the bistro, diner, grocery store and no clothing store which was scrapped due to the complaint how it was annoying in TS2 to shop for clothes. So instead they decided to have the whole clothing categories completely free to choose. Personally I think that was and is a bad idea because now CAS easily gets slowed down the more content one has. Besides, I preferred wardrobes and the whole passing down clothes to younger siblings and so on. Not to mention it's just more in line with a life simulator and I wished it were optional for those who wanted all the clothes unlocked instead of forcing everyone into a game design decision when TS/TS2 has elements in it that really appeal to some.

For me, because of the lack of open shopping and open dining it made the seamless open world feel...less exciting, initially anyway, a bit underwhelming. I don't know if it were complaints or just what they had already planned that had them adding in registers in the first EP so players could at least create something more out in the neighborhood.

All in all, I mostly enjoyed TS3 for what it was at that time and genuinely had a lot of fun and entertainment playing the game. Especially the A.I. which most likely feeds into me liking to be told a good story but this story is interactive. Awesome execution indeed.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Forum Resident
#61 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 7:39 PM
The patterns are horrible in this game.

But what I hate the most? The fact they are never enough choice , you have to download a lot to have something you really pleased with.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#62 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 4:08 PM
Fish! I mean those trophy fish that go on the wall. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing at all wrong with them, if you really don't mind having dead fish on the wall. But I have recently had a bad experience with them. And it was my own fault really...

When I was putting the finishing touches to one of my castles, I of course made sure to save frequently. Unfortunately, at some point, I must have done so when everything that was supposed to be the world - wasn't. So when I went over the other lots in the world, to delete TVs, stereos, computers and any other traces of the modern world (because it is supposed to be set in Victorian times) I found the game had made some interesting changes. There were all kinds of surprising substitutions: fire hydrants appeared to be a popular choice, as were those deco medicine cabinets. And there were other oddities: objects placed where you'd think it was impossible for them to go, or stacked on top of each other, and huge potted plants and sculptures perched up on tiny shelves.

And, yes, fish! Lots and lots of fish! They were everywhere. Inside and outside. They were on windows, presumably where blinds should have been. They were hidden away behind wardrobes and book shelves. Everywhere I looked, more fish! I spent hours going through every single lot in the world getting rid of them. I never want to see another stuffed fish again!

But I guess what I'm really saying is that I hate that feature of replacing missing objects, because it could be better implemented. E.g. if it was a picture, give me another picture, If it was a blind, another blind, etc. And, as a personal favor to me, NO MORE FREAKING FISH!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#63 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:12 AM
The cellphone lol

RING RINGGGGGG - in the middle of the bathtub and toilet being broken, a toddler screaming for food, your sim is about to faint from exhaustion

- Hi! Can you DELIVER 5 PERFECT veggies to me? I give you: celebrity points and simoleons

like what??? leave my sims alone

what does his name even mean?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 9:37 PM
Curtains.
Most curtains do not fit most windows, and are often just ugly. I do not use hardly any EA curtains on windows, but I do use them for room dividers. I do have a lot of CC curtains that look much better though.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
The patterns are horrible in this game.

But what I hate the most? The fact they are never enough choice , you have to download a lot to have something you really pleased with.

To the troll who is disagree with my opinion, we clearly have not enough furniture brought to the game that's why we have to download like a crazy to have more options (same for cas). Do you think it is okay we have almost one or two sets when a SP or a EP is out, all the interiors look like the same even if you use the CASt. We pay 40euros for except the gameplay improvement, we got absolutely nothing that came with. So we have to download to have more style, to make our sims more unique etc. CC that make the game heavier.
And for the patterns we got , most of them are totally ugly . I like the idea of the CASt though but not the content given. That's why I hate the most with the sims 3 and with the franchise in general.
All the rest are okay except some autonomous obsessions they got fortunately we have mods to avoid.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
To the troll who is disagree with my opinion, we clearly have not enough furniture brought to the game that's why we have to download like a crazy to have more options (same for cas). Do you think it is okay we have almost one or two sets when a SP or a EP is out, all the interiors look like the same even if you use the CASt. We pay 40euros for except the gameplay improvement, we got absolutely nothing that came with. So we have to download to have more style, to make our sims more unique etc. CC that make the game heavier.
And for the patterns we got , most of them are totally ugly . I like the idea of the CASt though but not the content given. That's why I hate the most with the sims 3 and with the franchise in general.
All the rest are okay except some autonomous obsessions they got fortunately we have mods to avoid.

Always room for improvement but I don't really have any issues with what is available and find the selection to be expansive enough. I even re-created a kitchen from TS2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff TS3-style. I used one custom pattern and no cc furniture. Overall I like the furniture and rarely use any cc furniture.

Unique Sims are very much possible with or without cc because it is about the manipulation of the sliders and has nothing to do with placing a default/non-default eyes/skin/etc over Sims who still can look all the same based on the player's skill set or preferences.

The patterns and clothes I also find nice.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a troll for expressing their opinion based on your opinion. No one has to agree with you or vice versa. I don't expect anyone to agree with me on every thing and no one should expect me to agree with them on every thing. It's called diversity. The whole playerbase does not have the same TS3 experience as you do because we all have our own personal experiences. Some may share your viewpoint and some may not. And no, it was not me who pressed the disagree button since I rarely use those and go to the basics of actually communicating despite some disagree with what I say...so be it.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Forum Resident
#67 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 4:33 PM
^ Yes, exactly. This is also the number one complaint I hear of CASt with fans of other games in the series.

"Well it's not like CASt was that great anyway. The patterns were awful and you had to customize everything yourself to get something good."

HELLO?! YES THAT'S THE POINT. The default patterns and such are there to give you a baseline. The whole point is to customize it yourself. Otherwise, what's the point of having that level of customization over the limited presets of the other games? I very rarely download new patterns or furniture and have never had a problem getting things to look the way I want. You just have to use a bit of creativity.

Forum Resident
#68 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 6:27 PM
^ True. I have been experimenting a bit with other categories to use on clothes such as Tile & Mosaic, Metal and Wood.

I have been compiling all my favorite recolors that I came up with or others that I liked whether from within the game or from something I downloaded. How I get the names of the pattern is from TSR Workshop which pulls up a list of all patterns excluding ones from the Store but it may be possible to incorporate, I don't know . This way I do not bog down CAS with all those saved presets and just refer to this document.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#69 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 1:45 PM
Functionality wise, I'd say non-late night bars that are place in venues. Reason being Visitors having to make/serve the drink themselves. Like why?

I know there's a mod, but annoying when you don't have that EP and have to insta the hack.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 3 of 3