Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 5:03 AM
Halo Maps
Does anyone know what hair halo map textures exactly do? And how should we edit them? All the info I can find is that they don't do much or that we can just use the base game ones. Cazy's hairs actually use different halo maps and I'm rlly curious about its effects.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th May 2021 at 9:48 PM
Maybe this post by potato-ballad is helpful? It seems that you can make the halo brighter to increase the shine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2021 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlicious
Maybe this post by potato-ballad is helpful? It seems that you can make the halo brighter to increase the shine.

That's a helpful post thanks! It doesn't fully explain how it works tho so I'll just have to test it out myself when I get time. It's curious that it's not B&W and I haven't seen such a map being used anywhere else.
Cazy's halos are wavy, but I couldn't see its effect. I'll try to crank up shininess to see if it makes the sheen wavy. If anyone happens to try that b4 me, please don't hesitate to share your findings :D