Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Open underneath Maxis stairs

by crocobaura Posted 27th May 2007 at 9:06 PM

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 1:02 PM
I love these stairs!
I have a quick question, well request for help... I put the scripts in the folder specified, but when I try to save it it says I can't so I can't get the scripts for these stairs in the right folder.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by canwelove
I love these stairs!
I have a quick question, well request for help... I put the scripts in the folder specified, but when I try to save it it says I can't so I can't get the scripts for these stairs in the right folder.

Did you use the Scriptorium or did you try to try to edit the files yourself? You say that you put the scripts in the folder, which makes me believe that you used the scriptorium, and in that case there's no need to save.
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:54 AM
Ah~you are amazing. <3 Thanks SO much!
Forum Resident
#54 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 2:39 PM
This is awesome! Just what I needed. I was just looking for some bottomless, but top-sealed modular staircases.
Test Subject
#55 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 2:41 AM
wheres the folder we need to put it in ?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 9:11 PM
This is most likely a stupid question.

do i need to use the scriptorum, or can i just move the .txt into the scripts folder and put the stairs in my downloads?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 4:14 AM
yet another wonderful object to re-make the sims 1 houses.
(did anyone notice the goth house in ts1 had the steadfast stair with an open bottom
)
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 5:45 AM
hi,
new to this site.
no matter how many times i try. i cant get the stairs to work on my sims.
im using VISTA..does that have something to do with it?
i've been following every instruction. but it just wont work.
someone please help me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by illianaa.ily
hi,
new to this site.
no matter how many times i try. i cant get the stairs to work on my sims.
im using VISTA..does that have something to do with it?
i've been following every instruction. but it just wont work.
someone please help me.

As far as I know, Vista should have no impact on these files as long as you can run the Sims on your PC. If they don't work it means that perhaps you did not isntall the code from the text files correctly.
Test Subject
#60 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 5:56 AM
I cannot thank you enough for this!! Domo arigato!!!!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:01 AM
Thank you. ^^
Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 2:21 PM
Thanks a lot Crocobaura ! There's a long time I was looking for something like that, with space under the stairs... Formidable! Merci !
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:36 PM
Great item I plan to use them as the stair to my basement, as my brothers old house in the sims 2 had a basement
Field Researcher
#64 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:03 AM
thank you

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 5:05 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble with the stairs. I used scriptorium and put it and it shows up in my stairs, but it shows up under the little stairs. I guess it's supposed to, but when I try to use the stairs it doesn't work at all. and I have a pre-made house that uses your stairs, but if i remove the stairs I can't put them back, and there's a chair and a bookcase under the stairs, but if I pick them up I can't put them back under the stairs. Since you made them I was hoping you could help me with this. I've tried everything, even before I installed scriptorium.
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 3:39 AM
I feel like a bit of a noob asking when nobody else seems to have had any trouble, but where are the .txt files that I need to put in the Scriptorium? They don't appear to be in the post.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hmfsunique
I feel like a bit of a noob asking when nobody else seems to have had any trouble, but where are the .txt files that I need to put in the Scriptorium? They don't appear to be in the post.

They are in the rar pack for each stairs.
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 6:48 PM
Oh, thank you!
These are awesome, by the way.
Test Subject
#69 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:10 PM
Many thanks. Now I can finally use modular stairs on floors higher than ground level without it look terrible.
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 11:21 PM
I'm very sorry, but I'm still confused. I don't know if I'm using the scriptorium thingy or not, where might I find this folder? I'm asking because I tried to put in the text manually, (I did this on my old computer) but it won't let me save it, (on my new computer) says file name is wrong or some such foolishness. Will it still show up in my game if the text is not in there? All suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 8:49 PM
Hello. It will show up in your game but you won't be able to place them. You can get the scriptorium here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=192613
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 8:18 AM
sweet! Now I can make the sim version of my house look THE SAME!!! Thanks!

"If you didn't fondle contraceptive devices, the hailstones wouldn't chat casually with you."
Get your quote here...
Just copy and paste
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 12:03 AM
I already read the instruction and I'm using scriptorium to make it easier to install and I've already put all file in the correct path :

<programfiles>\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts

<programfiles>\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_ModularStairs

<Documentandsettings>\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

But the stairs won't appear in my game !! I know maybe this is a noob question but I have SS for this

My Question Is :

a. it says I've to paste the scripts at the sims 2 folder, right ? But do I have to do the same thing to all my expansion the sims 2 folder ?
b. Where exactly this stairs appear in game ? Is it abnormally appear in buy mode ? or actually at Stairs at build mode ?

Man, I've got dissapointed with carina stairs, now this!

about the SS : Got The Johnson's house from GTA u like my design of that house ?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 6:43 AM
Okay I'm having a problem. They show up in the stair buy bin thing, I can place them as long as it has no walls on any side.

I have ever single EP and SP including M&G that just came out and I just updated my Scriptorium to the last update they just did. And yes I placed the files in Scriptorium_ModularStairs folder. PLEASE help!

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Test Subject
#75 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 3:06 PM
I don't understand so much this stairs with it i can paint with every wall covering?or it's just a paint that you put on this stairs?
Page 3 of 5