Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Unneeded UI Sounds

by treeag Posted 10th Apr 2008 at 11:33 AM

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:07 PM
I notice a lag when using the pie menu after running this for awhile.

I found it filling up the debug console. Not a big deal, as soon as I type 'clear' , the lag is gone.

There may be a way to disable the console debug output altogether (in-game)
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 2:26 PM
Thats awesome!I film alot so i am annoyed by those sounds.....
Thank you SO much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 2:38 PM
Thank You Soooo Much, I Hate It When I Hear These Sounds On My Videos!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 2:06 AM
Thank you sooo much! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:40 PM Last edited by shnapoodle : 30th Jan 2012 at 6:41 PM. Reason: grammatical errors ( I can't spell)
My sister should like this... she makes movies quite a bit.

For me it'll just be like, "yay no camera noises while I constantly shift camera angles..."
Forum Resident
#31 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:43 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 9th Aug 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by flamion
I notice a lag when using the pie menu after running this for awhile.

I found it filling up the debug console. Not a big deal, as soon as I type 'clear' , the lag is gone.

There may be a way to disable the console debug output altogether (in-game)

What is a "debug console" and what does he mean by "type 'clear'?"

I used this in my game and it worked great for long time then I restarted game and now I can hear when I click on SimBlender to advance sim skills. I do not think I could hear that before.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:31 PM
Can you please do a mod like that only for the sims 3??

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
The Sims 2: Great for machinima, not gameplays 9/10
The Sims 3: Great Gameplay 7/10
The Sims 4: Improving but so far 8/10
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:12 PM
There is enough noise with this game anyway!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:55 PM
Thank You For This! I Was At A Dead End And This Is Genuis! :d
Alchemist
#35 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:54 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimMagus
Many, many thanks! This mod eliminates all of the UI sounds that I found so annoying.

Now, does anybody know how to create a mod which enables music in Play mode when a sim turns on a stereo but disables music in Buy/Build mode (without having to go to the control panel and disable music globally)?

I solved this. It's easy, actually, though I suffered a long time before figuring it out. I placed short empty/silent mp3s in the buy/build/CAS folders in the game's music folder (same place your downloads folder is), then in the settings uncheck all the other stations and check the silent ones for buy/build, etc.
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 9:00 PM
I get an error on starting Sims 4 that the file is corrupt..
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JKawai
I get an error on starting Sims 4 that the file is corrupt..

This mod was made for Sims 2, so when Sims 4 says it's "corrupt", what it really means is that it can't read the .package file because it's actually a Sims 2 package file, not a Sims 4 package file.
Page 2 of 2