Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#101 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 1:18 PM
You'll need a program that can import a Sims face as an Obj file and let you edit it. You'll have to research and see if your program can do that. If not, you can get a meshing program, like Blender, Milkshape, Wings 3D etc.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 2:31 PM
I tried with FaceShop but it doesn't work because the back is not developed. My question is whether they will develop it in the future?
Alchemist
#103 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 2:43 PM
The only people who could tell you that are the developers of the program.
Test Subject
#104 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 3:05 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 30th Jul 2019 at 4:27 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 5555810, 5555829
My dad tells me if so much has happened so far, and it will.

I suggest making a theme for those who want to develop it so developers will see that there is a need for it and they will do it
Mad Poster
#105 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 6:39 PM
For sim faces there is no backside. Ingame there is no hole because it is hidden by the head/hair mesh and the rest of the body.

This is a tutorial for making edits to TS2 faces, just so you are clear on that.
Test Subject
#106 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 9:21 PM
Then how are these sims made without a rear and why do they look so realistic with which program they are made? With MilkShape I don't believe it is. http://bulgarian-sims2-site.dir.bg/...=769026&dflid=3
Field Researcher
#107 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 12:43 AM
Those sims are no doubt of it made in either TS2 Bodyshop or in game in Create A Family probably with custom face templates and/or by using sliders. (This tutorial is about creating face templates - an advancrd task.)
BTW Face Shop is an DAZ Studio add-on to create faces (obj-file and texture-file) from photos which also can be used as stand-alone application. I have version 7 from 2012 - the obj-files are different from those in the game..
Test Subject
#108 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 3:05 PM
Are they made of them sliders?
Test Subject
#109 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 4:47 PM
Mad Poster
#110 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 5:17 PM
You have to use the TS2 face mesh with an unmodified base (only moving internal vertices, not outer vertices, and you can't add/remove anything) if you want to modify faces outside of the game. The outer vertices line up with the head and neck, somoving these leave gaps. Adding or removing anything from the mesh will mess up the face expressions. Like I Said above, this is not a beginner project. Maybe start smaller, like making clothing meshes.

More realistic-looking faces are usually covered with skintones, eyes, hair and makeup that make the sim look more realistic. Sometimes also custom sliders to do things that can't be done in CAS or Bodyshop, but they aren't neccessary unless there is something you want to modify that the default sliders can't do.

And you should never edit the files in the install directory directly. It may cause issues in your game, sometimes to the point where you need to reinstall. In nearly all cases you have to make a new file with the resources you want to edit, and put the file in your Downloads directory so it indirectly replaces what ever you are modifying.

This Face Shop program does not sound like something that will work with TS2 faces, and I can almost guarantee there is no way of making anything other than a face extracted from the TS2 files work ingame if you also want the sim to have face expressions.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 5:38 PM
You have opened and then saved CASFace.package which is a very dangerous business. Normal procedure is Extracting your choosen item from a copy of the game-file. After that you make a new package and Add the extracted item to work on.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 8:06 PM
And always work with a copy of the file you want to extract from in the installation files, not the original one. If you make a mistake and the file gets borked, you may cause issues with your game without knowing it, and you may start seeing problems you can't fix easily.
Test Subject
#113 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:13 PM
I have another problem. Manicures are not shown in the game. Why?
Mad Poster
#114 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:24 PM
Manicures? You mean accessory nails? Did you download any?
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:48 PM
Yes a lot, but none of them are showing
Mad Poster
#116 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:51 PM
Did you download the needed mesh, and did you look under accessories?

By the way, if you have issues with the game not related to this topic, you can post in the Help section under Community - - Social Home - - Sims 2 Help.
Test Subject
#117 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:52 PM
I did everything right, but it still doesn't work
Test Subject
#118 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 12:03 PM
Maybe their shelf life is over, or what?
Test Subject
#119 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 3:33 PM
Is there a contemporary way for making body mesh for sims 2?
Mad Poster
#120 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 4:31 PM
Body meshes are the same as clothes, there's already several tutorials over in the Bodyshop/meshing section.
Test Subject
#121 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 6:52 PM
Okay,then send me here link with one of them.
Test Subject
#122 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 6:55 PM
Mad Poster
#123 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 10:06 PM
The Unimesh tutorials may be better (they use Milkshape and GMDC editing).

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...arter_Tutorials
Test Subject
#124 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 11:04 AM
simmer22 please tell me how they do her nose in that form http://www.prikachi.com/images.php?...00/9665600k.png ?
Mad Poster
#125 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 3:20 PM
How can I know?
I guess a combination of a skin and existing nose sliders, but don't ask me which ones.
Page 5 of 6