Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1451 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:30 PM
I hope we can add stairs to pools soon. ^_^

That and new pools emblems.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1452 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:34 PM
Yeah I didn't even think of pool stairs and that would be awesome! It would make pools look less alike.
For the diving boards I would like there to be different sizes.. Actually same for the slides as well.
Test Subject
#1453 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:36 AM
1- Seasons (can`t live without it. It`s hard to accept TS3 without it... makes TS2 feel more complete to me still);
2- University (TS3 Sims have no graduation, other than highschool ?)
3- OFB
4- Castaway (as an EP for TS3, not a TS3 Stories)

These would be the remakes I wish for. And I guess, from TS2 to TS3, that`s it. (and maybe no-rabbit hole restaurants, bring them back).

Also, they could start to introduce a bit of the old system to TS3. Meaning, since the hometown neighborhoods lack in lots and space (sunset valley, for instance, has no nightlife....), then, why not add extra sub-neighborhoods like TS2 used to have ? (downtown, bluewater ville)... at least this way, there would be no lack of space or opportunities to enjoy each expansion as they come.

Two side notes:
a) I don`t care for stuff packs. I get them, since I`m a collector, but, really.... they could add more items to an EP, and not make us wait for the next EP too much (`cause, generally, a SP comes before an EP). If EPs came with more items, or integrated SPs or something, that would end SPs sales and we could then look forward to an EP next, not just more items.

b) They have to kill the bug of the Terrain Offset Value when placing new buildings on lots. Drives everyone nuts. The game has been out for years, and it`s hard to believe they can`t fix it.
Mad Poster
#1454 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChloeSMV
a) I don`t care for stuff packs. I get them, since I`m a collector, but, really.... they could add more items to an EP, and not make us wait for the next EP too much (`cause, generally, a SP comes before an EP). If EPs came with more items, or integrated SPs or something, that would end SPs sales and we could then look forward to an EP next, not just more items.

They are selling SP and EP because this way they can charge more money. While it would make sense to add the 60 or so objects from an SP to an EP, people will not appreaciate it if the price of the EP would rise by 10 $ or more. This is not like with coca-cola bottles where they give you more for the same price. Besides people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference if it happened regularly.
Test Subject
#1455 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 10:10 AM
Default Moon Phase files
I just updated to patch 1.32 to see the ep7 stuff and i found image files for the phases of the moon- 7 files in total. Were they there before?? or are they new?
Test Subject
#1456 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 10:57 AM
i found even more stuff that i havnt seen listen anywhere else:

dragonFruit
mushroomTruffle
capers
sprigParsley
honey
pitcherCream
strangeMeat
mushroomPorcini
mustardJar
cantaloupe
lollipop
motive_meter_frankensim
mushroomWhitecap
SandWhirlwing
Soccerball
cheeseWheel
Fairy
Twitter
fireworks
werewolf_brow,ears,face,jaws,nose
Mad Poster
#1457 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 1:48 PM
I'll add it the Magic EP list, but until I see more stuff about being confirmed or not, it will be questionable material. Where'd you look for it?

Test Subject
#1458 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'll add it the Magic EP list, but until I see more stuff about being confirmed or not, it will be questionable material. Where'd you look for it?

deltabuild0
Mad Poster
#1459 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 8:13 PM
The motive_meter_frankensim is the motive bar for the Simbot from Ambitions. That's not new info. For whatever reaons the Simbot is referred to as a "frankensim" in the code.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#1460 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 11:28 PM
I really do not want an EP based entirely on magic....as others have said, I simply do not find it realistic in a game like TS3.

I really love the Sims series and I buy all the EP's as a result of that, but seriously the last few EP's have been so lacking....I just don't have that same excitement and long play time as I did with Sims 1 and 2.

:/
Lab Assistant
#1461 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 12:39 PM
I really wished that the neighbourhoods worked like that of ts2, it gave a more cohesive feel. But i guess that idea will need to be implemented in ts4, eh?
I want my aliens back, they were then for both ts1 & ts2.. why not ts3? I don't understand T.T

I don't think ts3 is yet over, it seems too soon :D
Forum Resident
#1462 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Myshia
I really wished that the neighbourhoods worked like that of ts2, it gave a more cohesive feel. But i guess that idea will need to be implemented in ts4, eh?

I think it would be great to see a much bigger open world in TS4 that can accommodate many different types of landscapes and towns. Instead of a single city or a single town, we could have something akin to a county that is made up of two or three towns and a city (think one world with Riverview and Sunset Valley neighboring each other with Bridgeport in the center and that swampy neighborhood in the outskirts).

As more EPs come out, they add new towns to the world.

I'd like vacation destinations to still be a different world that you have to leave the current world to go to but I'd would prefer if aging didn't stop in our current world in the meantime. I think it's nice to come back after a vacation and see what has changed. Also, Sims could take vacations to other towns, say, for instance, if your Sim is living in a landlocked town or city, they could drive or take the train to Sunset Valley and hit the beach for the day or the weekend.

Of course I'd love to see swimmable bodies of water and OFB incorporated into the base game so our Sims can run their own restaurants, cute B&Bs, homemade craft shops, etc.

Also, urban planning and land economics could play more into the game. Some kind of mass transportation system would be needed between towns and cities, possibly numerous types (subways in the cities, buses in towns, trains in between). And there could be a difference of wages for the same types of jobs depending on where you live so it might make more sense to live in SV but work in Bridgeport.
Mad Poster
#1463 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 6:38 PM
I'd be rabbit holes and load times galore...

Mad Poster
#1464 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 9:18 PM
Sounds more like SimCity than Sims to me, olomaya

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#1465 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 9:53 PM Last edited by Generis : 15th Apr 2012 at 10:17 PM.
I want to EA to make an expansion that implements Sub-hoods just like sims 2 Nightlife or OFB or something akin to Twallans Traveller mod.

I want it to:
- Enable the player to send sims on a trip to the other neighborhoods (worlds)
- Connect worlds together just like WA, with tourists coming in from the other towns or cities you've chosen to connect with as well as switch from different worlds in edit town view.
- Migrate an active sim from a household and settle in on another world. (so that an Nth generation sim from a legacy can found his own legacy, from being Ranch manor heir to big-city denizen or from famous urban heiress to the tranquil country life, without losing connection to the family, the stories are endless!)
- Switch and edit between connected worlds (switching active worlds, A perfect solution to worlds that cannot contain all the lot types)
- Go on group outings and dates with NPC's, traveling with them on the other inactive but connected worlds.
- Have a new community lot assignment, Hotel and Motel. (like the WA base camps, only that you have a choice which lot to base yourself per travel, with costs rising for the more well-furnished Lots)
- Stop aging while you are on the other connected world (akin to WA)
- Travel papers (Akin to WA visa's, only this time it's not opportunity based, and has two flavors, Travel permits and Work permits/licenses)
- Be able to work in the other worlds (choice between travel for fun or travel for work. the Work permit opens associated career rabbitholes with the option to do 'out-of-town work' or somesuch. MUST also unlock the Film studio rabbithole, the Horse race rabbithole, all other future career/profession rabbitholes and the active professions, performance venues, architect, stylist, detective, ghost hunter and fireman)
- Be able to increase stay in a world by paying for Travel permit or upgrading your Work permit.
- MUST come with three new worlds (One of them must be very large with many flat areas, a Town, hamlet or Dessert town on the verge of growth or urbanization, as it tries to set itself up as a tourist destination, the World Editors world, where you may plop and redesign to contain everything. Another world is the EA suburbia, which displays the EP's potential, by itself. The other world is wilderness for collecting or a pure vacation world)
- New Occult: ALIENS (Perfect since your traveling between 'worlds,' if not aliens then Magical skill or witches that can explain the magical rabbit-holes, or at least craft spells from the collectibles, ensuring backwards and forwards compatibility with other EP's - collectibles from the other EP's for spells that affect features from that EP, like fame for LN - future EP's should add new spells via the collectibles)

They can call it: SIMS 3 Road Trip
Forum Resident
#1466 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Sounds more like SimCity than Sims to me, olomaya

Sort of. It's basically what I imagined the defunct Simsville to be but more advanced.

I may be in the minority but I like rabbit holes, the ones for jobs and schools at least. I miss being able to have real restaurants and shops though.
Field Researcher
#1467 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:47 PM
I'd love college/school EP
Theorist
#1468 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
I may be in the minority but I like rabbit holes, the ones for jobs and schools at least. I miss being able to have real restaurants and shops though.

Join the club. When I got Ambitions I thought, oh cool we get to go to work with our simmies. It got old REAL fast. I don't mind the stylist, interior designer and PI ones but the rest can go back into rabbit holes. I miss OFB from Sims 2 and I wish that EA would bring that back for Sims 3.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
#1469 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 1:37 AM
I want an expansion for 20th century fashions. Clothes, buildings, etc. Let's get everything from Edwardian corsets to the Hip Hop Wars in here! Flappers, mods (not *that* kind), deco, punk, such glorious variety in just a century!
Instructor
#1470 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 2:57 AM
I'm not one that's been rooting for the Magic EP, but so far it actually sounds kinda cool And I also didn't ever think I'd be too excited about a werewolf, but compared to a genie.. :/ The genies are some of the lamest occults I think they could've come up with (That is not to be mistaken as a challenge, EA!!). Fairies I'm not looking forward to, though.

I'm assuming that wizards aren't going to be considered an actual life-state, but are still going to be included in some way. For other/new occults, of course I'd like to see aliens - possibly of different races, with different special powers/attributes, so that its not just colorful sims running around.

I thought the mermaid idea was stupid at first, but it could be interesting.. (with a swimmable ocean/ponds!!) Maybe they could be mermaids/sirens, who give nearby sims "entranced"/etc moodlets a bit like "hunted" around vampires, lure them in and feed off of them (take their remaining days of life, or aspiration points, or..?). They could grow a tail and/or have boosting moodlets when in water. With perhaps a special appetite/aversion to eating fish They would be useful to play in Black Widow or similar challenges!

I didn't like plant sims in TS2, either, but I think it could've been better with a different spin. Maybe they could be portrayed more like nymphs(/satyrs); particularly nurturing to plants/animals, with special talents in the skills of music and nectaring, and with frequent nectar and woohoo related wants

I can't think of any others that aren't already too similar to life states we have (ie zombie vs. mummy) or that would fit in with the game (centaurs? ..mehhh)

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#1471 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 11:30 AM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gone into overdrive

Game Survey Revealing Possible Seasons EP?
More Expansion Ideas via 2nd Game Survey

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#1472 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 12:12 PM
The University remake concept from the second survey seems like a very good way to introduce connected worlds/neighborhood... *crosses fingers*
Test Subject
#1473 Old 1st May 2012 at 2:00 AM
We shall see how EA will screw this one up.
Top Secret Researcher
#1474 Old 1st May 2012 at 11:54 PM
I'm surprised Apart from the discussion in the weather thread that's got a bit off-topic, nothing discussed here.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#1475 Old 2nd May 2012 at 12:03 AM
That is because everyone is discussing it in the weather thread! LOL
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 59 of 67