Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#276 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 9:30 AM
You know what's fun to think of? Hidden Springs's full, non-sale price is almost as much as a TS2 expansion pack cost when first released. Mmm, value.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 10:25 AM
I really love this town. Its quite big and there is a lot of space for new lots and so many community lots! In fact, i saved myself the $20 its not worth and downloaded it for free from a torrent. Perfect! I wouldve bought it anyway though. The green-tinged people really freak me out though, i get my Sim cop to question him to see if there really is a mystery to figure out XD
Alchemist
#278 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:12 PM
^Oh, noez! Pirates!

Anywho, I don't think I'm going to pay so much for a town. It's crazy to me. I could buy myself a new shirt or a new pair of jeans or something with that money, which I frankly prefer. OR I can save it for The Sims 3 Pets, but that will be bought by my grandma nevertheless, especially since my birthday is on the 10th of October, she could consider it (part of) my birthday present. All in one, I'm not going to buy this town. It's too expensive and not worth it.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Forum Resident
#279 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:01 PM
Just wondering -- has anyone with the Fountain of Youth/Spellbook conflict been able to make both fully functional and fully animated in their game? I have tried several different solutions, from uninstalling/reinstalling the items, to deleting my Sims 3 folder and starting over, to un-installing and re-installing the whole game (I was bored and didn't have anything better to do anyhow). I have even tried decrapifying the files I downloaded from the Store. Nothing I do will make both of them work flawlessly (one of them is animated and the other is functional but not animated). The only thing I haven't done is to install all these items separately as .package files. At this point, I'm wondering if it's worth the effort at all.
Forum Resident
#280 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
The only thing I haven't done is to install all these items separately as .package files. At this point, I'm wondering if it's worth the effort at all.

No, that will fail, I have searched a lot and this is what I find at this moment:

"When I have the fountain installed (package format) the spellbook won't work. No effects from the book, and whenever a sim finishes learning a spell they are reset and don't have any spells memorized. The fountain will not reset a sim back to the YA stage no matter how many times I get the 'wish granted' moodlet. Animations and effects are all present on the fountain whether or not I have the spellbook installed.. I am not using the stand alone fix for the spellbook, because it seems to work well without it, but maybe I'll try that later.

Spellbook>Fountain though in terms of usefulness. Especially if one has Generations.

edit: Tried adding spellbook fix. Spellbook now works with fountain installed. Fountain no longer works even in the broken way it used to. No effects whatsoever, and no rollback to YA for an elder. No moodlets given either."

You should try:

"Both the spellbook and fountain work for me. i installed the spellbook in package form with the fix and the fountain of youth in decrapified format."

What an odd way to install store item now.
The original thread is here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg578739
Forum Resident
#281 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
No, that will fail, I have searched a lot and this is what I find at this moment:

"When I have the fountain installed (package format) the spellbook won't work. No effects from the book, and whenever a sim finishes learning a spell they are reset and don't have any spells memorized. The fountain will not reset a sim back to the YA stage no matter how many times I get the 'wish granted' moodlet. Animations and effects are all present on the fountain whether or not I have the spellbook installed.. I am not using the stand alone fix for the spellbook, because it seems to work well without it, but maybe I'll try that later.

Spellbook>Fountain though in terms of usefulness. Especially if one has Generations.

edit: Tried adding spellbook fix. Spellbook now works with fountain installed. Fountain no longer works even in the broken way it used to. No effects whatsoever, and no rollback to YA for an elder. No moodlets given either."

You should try:

"Both the spellbook and fountain work for me. i installed the spellbook in package form with the fix and the fountain of youth in decrapified format."

What an odd way to install store item now.
The original thread is here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg578739

Thanks for the reply In fact, I've read through that thread several times myself, and have even tried exactly what you suggested, but I still can't get the animations for both items to work.

I have noticed a lot of people claim that both items work in their game, but they are not specific in what they mean by "work." For example, one person reported both items work fine in her game, but when she posted pictures, her fountain had animations and her Spellbook didn't. Maybe I'm just being picky but I'd really like it if both of my objects functioned while also being properly animated
Forum Resident
#282 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
I have noticed a lot of people claim that both items work in their game, but they are not specific in what they mean by "work." For example, one person reported both items work fine in her game, but when she posted pictures, her fountain had animations and her Spellbook didn't. Maybe I'm just being picky but I'd really like it if both of my objects functioned while also being properly animated

Yup, you are right, just one of them works properly, just checked them myself, the spell book works with ghost shadow when learning new spell and sparkles when casting spell, but the fountain is without spurting effect and no help on aging.
Scholar
#283 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:09 PM
with both installed...my fountain works fine..animations and all....but my spellbook does not...Sims go up to it...then jump away from it before
even reading it...
Mad Poster
#284 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:29 PM
Since I don't use the spellbook, I find myself fortunate in having the FOY working. With that said, not enough people are/or not making the right complaints about the spellbook/FOY conflicts. There are those sheeple/simmers that will accept anything EA produces and not make a complaint, then there are those that make the correct complaints, make an appropriate thread, and it gets buried some pages down in the forum. When the sheeple wake up and find their game is not satisfactory, they want to protest in new threads as if they are the first to report it, all the while they pooped on someone else whom reported it first.

Anyway the new digital agreement when you buy simpoints reads that EA sells the DLC as-is and don't expect them to fix or make anything work if they don't want to. (in condensed form)
Dammit! Everytime I want to link to something at the official forums, the damn site is down. Be back later.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#285 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
with both installed...my fountain works fine..animations and all....but my spellbook does not...Sims go up to it...then jump away from it before
even reading it...

There's a fix for this sort of behavior here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg575469

maybe it helps.

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Since I don't use the spellbook, I find myself fortunate in having the FOY working. With that said, not enough people are/or not making the right complaints about the spellbook/FOY conflicts. There are those sheeple/simmers that will accept anything EA produces and not make a complaint, then there are those that make the correct complaints, make an appropriate thread, and it gets buried some pages down in the forum. When the sheeple wake up and find their game is not satisfactory, they want to protest in new threads as if they are the first to report it, all the while they pooped on someone else whom reported it first.

Anyway the new digital agreement when you buy simpoints reads that EA sells the DLC as-is and don't expect them to fix or make anything work if they don't want to. (in condensed form)
Dammit! Everytime I want to link to something at the official forums, the damn site is down. Be back later.

I couldn't agree more. Plus, it's the angry threads with multiple words in all caps that get the most attention. The threads with actual information just get ignored. Don't even bother trying to link those "new posters" to older threads about whatever issue is going on, either. They will just complain that they don't want to read through a billion pages (surely, they mean- what - 10 pages, right?) and "can you please just tell me how to fix it please" (insert more bad spelling and even worse grammar).

I'm not really hopeful for an EA fix for this issue, especially considering the new ToS. Although, they have fixed a few broken store items in the past, including that silly free phone from the Generations registration bonus.
Scholar
#286 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 9:17 PM
well it does suck that i can't have the Spellbook and HiddenSprings in the same game....but its a no brainer to me as i play with
several different worlds....i just use the Spellbook there....
Mad Poster
#287 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 9:18 PM Last edited by lewisb40 : 5th Sep 2011 at 9:50 PM.
From the Simpoints Digital Service Agreement:

Quote:
15. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SIMS ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. EA MAKES NO WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SIMS ONLINE SERVICES, THE SIMS 3 CONTENT OR SIMPOINTS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON INFRINGEMENT.EA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY OR OPERATION OF THE SIMS ONLINE SERVICES, EA ACCOUNTS OR SUPPORTING SYSTEMS AND WEBSITES (COLLECTIVELY, “EA SERVICES”) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM ERROR, THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE EA SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE EA SERVICES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THOSE EA SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONDITIONS OR COMPONENTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

Quote:
16. Limitation of Liability. EA SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES) IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM THE FUNCTIONALITY OR OPERATION (OR FAILURE TO FUNCTION OR OPERATE) OF THE EA SERVICES, THE SIMPOINTS, OR THE SIMS 3 CONTENT EVEN IF EA IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.IN NO EVENT SHALL EA’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR SIMPOINTS. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT LIMITS EA’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATIONS, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY EA’S NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

This was amended when HS was released. I don't remember correctly, but wasn't that August 25th?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#288 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
This was amended when HS was released. I don't remember correctly, but wasn't that August 25th?

Yes, and if you want to get all tin-foil hat, I thought the timing was suspiciously coincidental when I realized there was a problem with the Spell Book and Hidden Springs.
Scholar
#289 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 1:42 AM
A service agreement that forcefully states the service you are buying is not guaranteed to work, in fact they do not "even imply" that it will not have errors, be uninterrupted or corrected/fixed once it stops functioning. EA sucks big time.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
#290 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 2:08 AM Last edited by ac220 : 6th Sep 2011 at 1:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
A service agreement that forcefully states the service you are buying is not guaranteed to work, in fact they do not "even imply" that it will not have errors, be uninterrupted or corrected/fixed once it stops functioning. EA sucks big time.

IANAL but it looks a fairly standard "you have a right for a refund under certain circumstances, not an opportunity to sue us for $1M because our website was down for an hour" type of clause. Which may or may not actually help them is someone actually sues them. There are ways around such clauses for a POed enough customers with enterprising enough lawyers.

E.g. as far as I can tell, there's no "Himalaya clause"-like provision there for employees, contractors, servants and agents also not being liable. (There is such a clause hidden deep in the small print of every plane and ship ticket after, a successful lawsuit against a captain of a steamer. It doesn't really mean every airline in existence sucks... Although many do. )
Forum Resident
#291 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
even reading it...

Hey, how is it going there? How did you install it to get both in game with working, animated fountain (the water streaming)? Since spellbook is easy to fix, you are a lucky simmer.
Scholar
#292 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 5:07 AM
acutally both ways came up the same..

installed in already started game...1 week into it....got that result...
took everything out of DCCache folder...installed only HS and spellbook...same result with said neighborhood.
installed HS...and spellbook into a fresh new game(those were the only things in it)...same result

had working fountain the whole time but not the spellbook
Forum Resident
#293 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:29 AM
I can easily get my fountain animated and functioning (with moodlets and all), at the sacrifice of my spellbook animations. Every time I started over with a fresh The Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and then installed Hidden Springs, the fountain worked flawlessly. Adding the Gothique Library on top of HS didn't break the fountain, but it did mean that the spellbook was not properly animated. When I realized I had to choose one animation, I decided the spellbook animation is way cooler and I wanted that instead. It took a lot of work and effort to get my spellbook animated. I don't even know if the way I got it to be animated will produce reliable results. Of course, my fountain animations aren't working, but it does function properly (gives moodlets etc.)
Scholar
#294 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 2:39 PM Last edited by jenieusa : 7th Sep 2011 at 8:21 AM.
well i guess thats shows you just how different the game can work for different people...lol

ETA...nonamena....i just saw the link you gave...i missed it earlier...thanks and i will have a look....

Yeh it works now....both of them
Field Researcher
#295 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 1:44 AM
Please forgive me if I missed the answer in the last few pages regarding the malfunction with the fountain and spellbook conflict, but I cannot find the fix for this issue. I'm very dismayed to find out, after wasting simpoints on Hidden Springs that it has broken my spellbook that I got with the Gothique Library and love very much (use it a lot in my medieval town). Please help, what do I have to do to fix the spellbook?

I was suckered into thinking there was additional magic in Hidden Springs like the spellbook and the green sims were plantsims a'la old sims style...sigh So I got this town, and while its somewhat pretty, its not as well done as quite a few player made worlds, does not have the fountain of youth even in the town (as mentioned you have to manually place it which really seems lame and pointless). EA's advertising hype of this world was somewhat misleading. Only the fountain does anything magical...not the sims or the 'pools of water' as description advertises. And now the fountain has broken my spellbook? This is very sad.
Forum Resident
#296 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 4:16 AM
Simon posted this fixed package for both spellbook and FOY to have their distinctive animition.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...c,20620.75.html
Re: Hidden Springs
« Reply #80 on: 2011 September 10, 00:09:21 »
Spellbook and FountainOfYouth - Working package
http://www.4shared.com/file/l7rrkaa..._Spellbook.html
It works for me.
Field Researcher
#297 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 4:43 AM
Simon posted this fixed package for both spellbook and FOY to have their distinctive animition.
It works for me.

Thank you much much much nox nox nox :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#298 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:56 AM
Got some catching up to do here...
(1) No, I doubt I'll get Hidden Springs -- pretty, but not enough improvement in my Sims' quality of life vs. the expense. I'd rather build them things, or find mods to make their interactions more realistic & satisfying.
(2) Aurora is lovely.
(3) Whooshing sounds in the head are perfectly normal. For me at least

-- r.
Forum Resident
#299 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 6:08 PM
It works for me.

Thanks. I actually just saw this at MATY myself and came to check if anyone had posted it. I've been busy and wasn't checking forums so much the last few days (hubby and I are moving!). Anyhow, I tried it out and it works! yay
Forum Resident
#300 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 10:12 PM
This was posted on the Sims 3 site yesterday, so just sharing for whoever's interested:

Quote:
Youtube Hidden Springs giveaway

POSTED ON 09/12/11 09:57 PM

Subscribe to our channel and leave a channel comment for a chance to be randomly selected to receive Hidden Springs! The giveaway will end when we reach 147K total Subscribers. Feel free to check back daily and leave several comments to increase your chances of being randomly chosen. Good luck!

Subscribe now!
Page 12 of 13