Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee Hee
You might well be able to use pay CC without scrutiny from EA over where you got it, however upload guidelines on this site require that all content shown is free (and not through pirate sites, we mean free from the point of origin). I just thought it was worth mentioning that in this discussion.

oh, well. if EA says, it's free, then it's free, ain't it? no matter, if some jerks on TSR or elsewhere think, they could make profit with stuff, that was offered by EA for sims fans for free purposes. I was just reffering to that one post by zelda101, where she states her problem with some stuff, which she requested by some creator on TSR. she wants to use this stuff for her project here, but is not sure, if it would be alright to offer it here on MTS, 'cause that one mentioned creator on TSR made it a subscribers only download.

really, if it were me, I wouldn't give a damn about if it's subscribers only or not. but then again, she would have to upload it on another site, I guess, for MTS's rules don't allow that, eh? there are plenty of such sites, though.

anyway, whichever option she chooses, I'll just wait patiently for this great project to be finished, so I can get it and enjoy it. :3
Advertisement
Inventor
#102 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 12:39 AM
When people spend time making something that takes a lot of time and is their own personal work I think it's up to them deciding what to do with it. Taking credit or redistributing other people's work without crediting is not fair. If I download a movie and add an extra scene is still not my work. And also if I make a file in photoshop (psd files) it's not Adobe who owns the right to my work, even though they have untroduced the file type. If people think this way it will end up with people not wanting to create anymore. I do not pay for stuff myself though, but I don't redistribute other people's work. I rather find a free site.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
Taking credit or redistributing other people's work without crediting is not fair.

certainly, I agree with you. crediting the work is definitly important, and the creator deserves this.

Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
And also if I make a file in photoshop (psd files) it's not Adobe who owns the right to my work, even though they have untroduced the file type.

well, in that case you have to read the legal requirements (or whatever it's called). I'm not sure what is written in adobe's contract conditions about that. BUT the psd format is their property. JPEG, PNG, GIF (and so on) on the other hand is not. and no one publicates or sells their work as a PSD file, but as JPEG or some of the other common formats. of course, because you can use PSD only with photoshop, and no other software. there we go, it's the same, as with the sims3pack and packages case. if you safe your work as a file/format, which no party claims as their property, you can do with that, whatever you please. though I don't think, adobe prohibited photoshop users to operate free with their PSD format.
EA on the other hand did. as far as I know, they say that in their EULA. just read the damn thing, and you will know. XD I'm just a german first year law student, so how do I know? XD

oh, and if you find any mistakes... well, finders keepers.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#104 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 1:51 AM
Regardless of thoughts on pay content vs piracy and how EA and others interpret the EULA, MTS has a policy against pay content. You are not allowed to upload something with pay content in it, regardless of if you can pirate it elsewhere. The origin of the creation is all that matters. You may feel otherwise personally, but MTS upholds that policy. Unfortunately, that means that any TSR Featured Artist creations, even if it is free right now, is not permitted in uploads. Anything that is a pay item or comes from a pay artist is off limits here.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#105 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 9:04 AM
Someone suggested that the OP ask the creator for permission to include the lamps in their upload here, for free. That would be the best solution.

Any further posts should be suggestions and feedback on the (beautiful!) lot, not debates about the rights and wrongs of pay content and its redistribution.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
dodgy builder
#106 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
I requested that person to create those.. didn't think she'd make it a subscription.
I can add it but I'm not allowed to include it in the downloads, that's correct right?

Talk to DOT. She might not be aware of the policy at MTS.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Unfortunately, that means that any TSR Featured Artist creations, even if it is free right now, is not permitted in uploads. Anything that is a pay item or comes from a pay artist is off limits here.

yes. that's why I suggested to upload the finished project somewhere else, not here on MTS. :D
Sockpuppet
#108 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 8:09 PM
Just ask her permission for MTS2(it is already TSRAA so i dont think she will refuse.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#109 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 9:52 PM
Wow, I can't believe I haven't played the game in almost two months..

I'll get back on working on the game soon, look out for updates!

Come checkout my Project Titanic on Sims 3!
Forum Resident
#110 Old 28th May 2013 at 6:40 AM
Did you manage to fix the problems with the funnels?
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:15 PM
Could you please upload the glass dome and the grand clock used by you to recreate the 1st Class Grand Staircase?
Test Subject
#112 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 5:51 AM
OH MY GOD!!! Please give me a download of the custom content of the Titanic, It's so beautiful and i want this in my game! PLEASE!!!
Test Subject
#113 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 7:45 PM
Hi !

Well I really like what you've done !!!
You should make available a beta for everyone !!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#114 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 1:09 AM
I'm back! And I worked on it today, I've been pretty busy lately.

But I added lights to the front of the ship. This isn't gonna be available for all the lots because of the 6 story limit the game has.
I also shrunk the front of the ship, it was way longer than necessary.

But here's the update.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#115 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 1:21 AM Last edited by zelda101 : 6th Jun 2013 at 5:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
Did you manage to fix the problems with the funnels?

Nooo, I'm unable to add funnels.

It sucks because I'm on the highest floor and I can't add walls to create any. And I've looked all over for anything similar to funnels, and well there's nothing. If someone can help with that that'd be awesome.

Instructor
#116 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 9:15 AM
This is GRAND in every sense of the word! Absolutely stunning. You've really done well with the furnishings and finding the right CC to use (must have spent ages on that alone). And as someone else mentioned way back, the colours are really lovely too.

Ps. The ambience of it lit up at night is eerie and yet beautiful. It almost makes me a little sad (happy sad )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 5:18 AM Last edited by zelda101 : 6th Jun 2013 at 6:16 AM.
I was playing around on photoshop after playing the game today and I imagined what the ship could look like when done.. With a little bit of movie magic I went from this..

To this.

I honestly didn't change much from the game!

Field Researcher
#118 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 11:36 AM
It's such a shame that you can't place Sims 3 lots right next to each other. How are you planning to bridge the gap between lots, if at all?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
It's such a shame that you can't place Sims 3 lots right next to each other. How are you planning to bridge the gap between lots, if at all?

Hmmm, not sure. I don't even know if it is possible to walk lot to lot using a bridge.
I usually just teleport across. lol.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#120 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 2:10 AM
I began working on the stern today!

Test Subject
#121 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 2:59 PM
wow its just amazing !!
#122 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 3:29 PM
Oh... my....

If only EA could add curved wall feature into Sims 3... then your Titanic would've been perfect.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Forum Resident
#123 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 11:03 PM
You should still look into using these as funnels

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ault/id/936007/

Ive used several free items from TSR in my uploads and havent run into any trouble
Instructor
#124 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
You should still look into using these as funnels

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ault/id/936007/

Ive used several free items from TSR in my uploads and havent run into any trouble

I thought about those too! The fact is that those towers are ok for castles and mansions but I don't think they'd fit on a boat.
They're rather small (1x1 if I'm not mistaken) so you would need to pile up a few, and they have those peepholes.
They would look too skinny and weird, and piling would be impossible since they said they already reached the 5th floor building limit.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#125 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I thought about those too! The fact is that those towers are ok for castles and mansions but I don't think they'd fit on a boat.
They're rather small (1x1 if I'm not mistaken) so you would need to pile up a few, and they have those peepholes.
They would look too skinny and weird, and piling would be impossible since they said they already reached the 5th floor building limit.

You are right! and thanks for the tip, but that is too small for this ship.
I'm not trying to be picky but the funnels have to be huge to match up with the ship.. 1x1 is going to be tiny if you think how big the lots are. They should be the size of the dome basically, around 8x8..

Staking is possible for items though, I can just use those OMSP

Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Project inactive for over a year
Page 5 of 9