Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#101 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 3:21 PM
My personal vote goes to submitting the empty lot, or a lot that contains only Maxis stuff. Your "art" can be definitely expressed in the architecture elements of the lot, and the custom content might confuse people that are going to judge your work.

As a compromise, I suggest you to include ONE example screenshot of the lot furnished with ancient custom stuff, but you should clearly state that it's just an example, and the lot is given with Maxis or no furniture.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 7:07 PM
Thanks, that's a good suggestion!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 10:05 PM
Everyone see the first post for an update!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#104 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:30 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 28th Jul 2007 at 2:13 AM. Reason: edited out mega-huge-quote
Do recolors count??

This puts my whole entire mind into question...
I will be making some recolors soon
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:11 AM
Absolutely!

Scholar
#106 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 6:06 AM
MAGIC PLUMBOB!OO! *wantswantswantswantswants* the only thing im good at is lot building..and im not even that good at that...-.-
#107 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 10:38 PM
Well my upload is currently in Accept/reject process.

*hint* I put in a story *hint*. *shhh*

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Test Subject
#108 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 4:44 PM
I just saw a lot very similar to mine was uploaded last week. Bummer. Oh well.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#109 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 1:46 AM
Simberr -
1) you can still earn your participation badge, etc, even if the lots are similar
2) variety is good, someone might want 2 whatevers in their game w/o them being identical.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#110 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 4:36 AM
Hey-I saw a couple of downloads in the Contests area already. I thought they would be hidden? Did I misunderstand?

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 12:27 PM
Well, they were going to be. But we ran into some... technical difficulties, and decided there was nothing wrong with letting people see the competition. And another point for clarification - by no Conditionals, we're not giving conditionals for actual content. If your texture is blurry, it'll be rejected. But, if there's something wrong with the information in your post, we'll conditional it, so you don't lose your masterful post

We might look at the hidden thing again in future - but it'd take a lot of codey fiddling to impliment, so, we'll see.

Instructor
#112 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 12:58 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I just thought I had read something wrong. I am looking forward to seeing all the competition entries, but I really thought there would be more than two by now. Although, there is still two more weeks left to enter.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#113 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:07 AM
My first upload will be an entrie
Forum Resident
#114 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 9:43 AM
omg prizes are gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:00 PM
Wow seems neat! Maybe I'll enter
Test Subject
#116 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 8:10 PM
Wow this wonderful. Gives me something to do either maybe i'll enter too.
Test Subject
#117 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:32 PM
I would love to enter, but I am not a very good creator, and my bodyshop isn't working.

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:47 PM
Ohh sweet!! I guess this is gonna be my 1st skin
Theorist
#119 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:22 PM
do Neighborhoods count?

*gets closer*
*and closer*
*and closer*
*and you get the jest*
(bad pun...) :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 2:43 PM
Yes, they do... :P

Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#121 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 3:52 PM
Wow, I may have to give this a shot! Can't wait to see other themes in the future as well.

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Test Subject
#122 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 4:18 PM
Awesome!

This is my signature.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 9:13 PM
Do creations have to be based on real ancient civilizations? Or is the main focus on the 'ancient feel'?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#124 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 9:43 PM
Sims is fantasy, so I believe that no one is marking points for authenticity of the ancient content - although you can certainly do some quick web research for inspiration.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#125 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 2:26 AM
This is an excellent idea! I love to do textures I would love to try my hand at modeling too. I can't wait to see all of the creative things that are created!
Page 5 of 8