Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#701 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 6:05 PM
The game can't but we already have something similar. You can use the snake charming basket from WA to direct a snake to someone's clothing.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#702 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
can the game even recognize what is and is not pants.

I don't know what program EA uses, but the program I use, you can put in "detection" points on an object and script it to recognize the object as a piece of clothing and whatnot. The best example I can think of is like a sword or a shield. A sword will be defined as a weapon so when the sword can hit an enemy, the game will see it as the enemy taking damage and not the actual player.

I am certain that you can do the same thing with an article of clothing so the game will recognize it as "this is pants" and when a detection object hits the pants point (womrat as an example), the game will recognize it as "enemy hits pants" and will cause the new animation (Sim screaming around and shaking leg out).

Hopefully this makes sense. I am not the best at explaining things.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#703 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 6:35 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 26th Jul 2011 at 6:57 PM.
It makes sense, but isn't collision set for sims, not clothing?
---------------------------------------------------
There's song writing, so more singing. ^_^

If only we had a microphone.

There is also an option to have inactive Sims have free will.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#704 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Yay!!!!

Just you wait, the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic characters are going to take over the exchange!

That would make the exchange 20% cooler.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Forum Resident
#705 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:22 PM

I know that with Unity, you can make the collision for the sim, but also make a separate one for items/clothing/weapons as well. It is probably different for EA though since they are making a simulation game rather than an RPG or Hack and Slash game.

I wonder if the unicorn, if playable, can be customized. It would be interesting when modders make wings to have a unicorn/Pegasus.
Field Researcher
#706 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I would like to know a little more information on the unicorn on whether or not you can play as it, or if your Sim/Horse can become a unicorn. (I love playing the life states )
I'm a little worried that it will be more like an NPC like the witch doctor in Sims 2 Bon Voyage. If it is playable, I wonder if we will get baby unicorns as well.

The file referred to adopting a unicorn a few times, so it sounds like we'll be able to play it.
Mad Poster
#707 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:40 PM
---------------------------------------------------
There's song writing, so more singing. ^_^

If only we had a microphone.

There is also an option to have inactive Sims have free will.

Um, inactive Sims ALREADY have free will. That's how the game has worked since the base game.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#708 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:48 PM
A unicorn? You have got be kidding me. It is now official: we have russian undercover EA spies

Quote:
An interaction for "being thrown"(O_O)

I dont know why, but that made me laugh. I totally want to throw my cat when it does something inappropriate

Yay vending machines and pet turtles!

Quote:
vomit immunity

FINALLY! Oh...wait, is that for the pets? Nevermind
Test Subject
#709 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:58 PM
Hoping we can "create" animals like in TS2. I want my APBT/BPBT/Mastiffs!!!!
Forum Resident
#710 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:58 PM
Oh wow, I missed the part about song writing.
Does this mean there might be a chance of the microphone coming back? Also, it looks like carrots will be a new plant since horses can eat carrots. Unless, of course, the Sim just takes the carrot out of his/her backside to feed the horse.

Also, I think Generations may have hinted at the unicorn:

Also, wasn't there a horse plushie or something in Generations as well? I think it was in the decoration section.
Instructor
#711 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:04 PM
Birdfly you are right.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Forum Resident
#712 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the "being thrown" interaction is for riding horses. I really doubt EA would countenance our sims throwing cats and dogs around.

TONS of new information hidden in that update, eh? Mwa-ha-haaaaa. Looks like the smaller pet list is pretty exotic. I'll probably just pretend the chinchillas are ferrets, and the womrats are just hamster.
I have to admit, the Unicorn thing seems a little out of left field for me. My first reaction was more of a 'huh... what now?' than an 'ooh cool' or anything.
Instructor
#713 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:33 PM
Being a tuning modder myself, I have no clue how to view the STBL. I do have S3PE and I found DeltaBuild0. Can someone help me?

Forum Resident
#714 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
I'm pretty sure the "being thrown" interaction is for riding horses. I really doubt EA would countenance our sims throwing cats and dogs around.

...Can I put my bad cat on the horse to be thrown? Sometimes it's better to let someone else do the dirty work. Easier to avoid PETA when you can file it under "friendly animals shenanigans"
Lab Assistant
#715 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Being a tuning modder myself, I have no clue how to view the STBL. I do have S3PE and I found DeltaBuild0. Can someone help me?

You can find the files by using the tag selection and that way they're grouped together. Find the one with your language and double click to open. It will take a long time to open so be patient as it looks likes it's not responding.
Test Subject
#716 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:09 PM
No chihuahuas?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#717 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Um, inactive Sims ALREADY have free will. That's how the game has worked since the base game.

I mean it like this: Normally, when you play a large household, you have to micro manage all sims to keep them alive when the Free Will is off. When this option is set in place (I assume whenever pets gets here), you tick the option, and only the Sims you control will do nothing, while the others Sims in the household live their lives.

Forum Resident
#718 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:28 PM
I mean it like this: Normally, when you play a large household, you have to micro manage all sims to keep them alive when the Free Will is off. When this option is set in place (I assume whenever pets gets here), you tick the option, and only the Sims you control will do nothing, while the others Sims in the household live their lives.

You can already do this on a "Per-Sim" basis with Master Controller. You can remove/give individual Sims autonomy under the Basic functions.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Field Researcher
#719 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
With the unicorn, it looks like it will be the first creature to not be part of a human Sim. Like with the other creatures, the Sim can become that creature or the creature can become a Sim. I wonder if it's possible for a regular horse to become a unicorn. I think that might be interesting, but it may cause problems like the Late Night vampires where every horse turns into a unicorn.

Ever see The Last Unicorn??? Great cartoon. A unicorn turns into a girl. hmmm. that that would be interesting if unicorns can become human.
Instructor
#720 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:33 PM
Thanks Yeabil! And severedsolo, I think Matrix means, without mods.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#721 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:36 PM
^Thank you...

Scholar
#722 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:46 PM
Just now saw this information, awesome!

So we won't be getting the generic werewolf that I really thought they would go with. Not only that, but we get a new type of creature, one for an animal. Now that's nice! Looks like their creativity went into this, not the title of the EP. It's a fair trade off.

Besides that, it looks great. Raccoons and deer are confirmed, and we get rodents as well - a good amount of them.

This certainly looks like the best Pets EP ever made. It beats out The Sims 2's Pets easily, and it actually makes up for how bad Generations was. Very impressive, EA! ^_^

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#723 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:25 PM
Yay ponies! Unicorns better have cutie marks. ;D
On a more serious note, I really am thankful that other people have gone through the trouble of looking at this Deltabuild0.package in STBL. I'd probably tear my hair out trying to figure it out for myself.
Forum Resident
#724 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:44 PM
Now let's hope that things aren't half as glitchy as in Sims2.
Mad Poster
#725 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:49 PM
Thank you for the information! Unicorns, YAY! I like this type of creature, something I always wanted as a kid. They got me with the mechanical bull, remember from Sims 1? Now I can have a John Travolta, Debra Winger Bud and Sissy Davis sims. Oh man, my simmified Mom and Dad will have to be updated for riding. Now I am excited!

Getting coffee to calm down and finish reading this delicious information. Whew!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Locked thread
Page 29 of 100