Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:15 AM Last edited by 999rozes : 19th Jun 2011 at 6:52 AM.
Default Your 'Main' Pre-Made Sim/s in the Sims 3
We all have a Sim we use all the time. So which Maxis-Made Sim do you use the most or use mainly?

For me I always use Mortimer and Bella because I just love this couple so much -ignores PSP storyline- I just love the two guys so much to the point that I made them live in an altered Sims 2 Goth Manor xDDDD
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:36 AM
I don't have a Sim I use all the time, but I do have a few Sims I really like, and if something bad would happen and my hood would explode forcing me to start again, then Juan Darer would definitely be shipped to the new hood. He's in my hood as a townie, living in a house with a bunch of people who I took from Twinbrooks to my hood to give it a bit of population. I don't play this house and people in this house become playable by marrying into my active household.

I usually don't re-use Sims, even thou I like Juan, I would only take him with me as long as he's never been used. If he would marry to my current hood and have babies, then I wouldn't take him with me to the new hood, because he would have been experienced. I don't like re-playing scenarios.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:43 AM
*twiddles fingers* If they're in the Sims 3, technically they're EA-made.

I don't play with any pre-made sims personally. I love starting with an empty world and filling it up!
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:50 AM
I like my own sims. none of the sim guys are good-looking or have long enough hair for my tastes. =-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I like my own sims. none of the sim guys are good-looking or have long enough hair for my tastes. =-)

I thought Morty was good looking then again I'm a guy xD
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:38 PM
I don't even play in an EA world, let alone with EA premades.

I think the last time I did play a premade was probably about 18 months ago; I played Morty Goth and got him married to someone else. Then I got bored of him so played his brother, then he got boring so I divorced him from his wife and played the wife.
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Harlequin
*twiddles fingers* If they're in the Sims 3, technically they're EA-made.

Technically if they're in TS1-3 they're EA made since EA bought Maxis in 1997...

I don't use the premades very much in TS3 but I have had sims marry sims in the roomies household.

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:24 PM
I used to play Beau Merrick all the time, but I had to fiddle with him in CAS to make his appearance acceptable.. Vladimir Schlick was pretty nice looking originally, but with a little tweaking he was pretty much perfect.. I still play with him :P. In my current neighbourhood he's at the head of the evil criminal organisation. - SCREW YOU ELVIRA SLAYER!!

For some reason, I absolutely hate River McIrish.. Don't ask me why, I think she looks too smug for her own good, probably. So I use her in my 'hoods as the annoying 'tard everybody hates.. Atm she has pimples all over her face and is the only sim that I've used the lazy eye and eye direction slider on, plus I changed all her traits to Loser, Unlucky, Unflirty, Something Else I Can't Remember... My goal in my new hood is to get all the teens to snub her. I hate her fking GUTS! - I have no idea why..

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Technically if they're in TS1-3 they're EA made since EA bought Maxis in 1997...

I don't use the premades very much in TS3 but I have had sims marry sims in the roomies household.

That's true, but at least Maxis had a say up until Sims 3. RIP Maxis :'(
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:32 PM
I rarely use the pre-mades and, when I do, I mainly give 'em a makeover, to at least let 'em gain some more human proportions (bye, giant eyes!)
I guess my main ones are Agnes Crumplebottom (while I couldn't stand her older self in TS2 I'm loving her in TS3) and Cycl0n3 Sw0rd.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:58 PM
When I first played Sims 3, I went to CAS. Never started out with a pre-made, so I don't know much about them. Did marry Hunter Cottoneye into my sim's family. He was a blast to play and made me love the insane trait.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:03 PM
My current legacy is descended from Constance Shelley and George Dean in Riverview. I found them quite enjoyable to play.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:22 PM
What am I like..? Of course I use VJ Alvi all the time.. I have to makeover (i.e plastic surgery) all the base game sims though.. ick, frankly.

Go suck an elf...
#14 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:56 PM
I toyed with Xander Clavell, or whatever his name is, once. Made over and muscled up he's almost cute.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:41 AM
When I play, it's nearly always with one household of CAS-made Sims, against a background of pre-made ones.

Sometimes I'll play the pre-mades, but that's mainly to get to know them better so that the interactions are more successful when I go back to my "real" game. For that purpose, I like playing Blair and Tamara (but I admit that I short-change the others in their apartment, sometimes to the point of eviction.) Also occasionally I do the Wolffs; sometimes Jamie Jolina (now there's a character I really don't care for, but hey, Thorton likes her and my Janet likes Thornton, so I want to understand her.)

For story-writing, sooner or later I expect that most or all of the pre-mades in Sunset Valley will appear as supporting cast. So far, it's been mainly Blair. I don't change their appearances, and I introduce them in a way that respects the (very sparse) back stories and traits that they come with. From there, however, the character development will extrapolate with wild abandon. Once I start seeing a Sim as the visible manifestation of a more complicated and interesting character, then I'm able to enjoy some Sims that, based on their pre-made and gameplay qualities alone, I probably wouldn't like as much.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:49 AM
I use Torgo Pendragon ALL THE TIME. He marries, like, so many of my sims.
Alchemist
#17 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Atm she has pimples all over her face and is the only sim that I've used the lazy eye and eye direction slider on, plus I changed all her traits to Loser, Unlucky, Unflirty, Something Else I Can't Remember... My goal in my new hood is to get all the teens to snub her. I hate her fking GUTS!

ಠ_๏ .... that cant be healthy.

anyway, OT, OP, OCD.... i dont play EA sims unless my custom sim marries one. and usually its not too thrilling.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:54 PM
I dunno... I don't really like playing the pre-made Sims this time around. That's just one of those big differences between TS2 and 3 for me -- I really enjoyed playing the pre-made families back then and getting them through the generations, which was good, since I was pretty anal about spending the same amount of time with each family so that they aged up about the same.

As great as an open hood + story progression is, I'm actually starting to miss how TS2 was set up. I was familiar with all the neighborhood's Sims rather than just a small portion of them, and I was always more interested in the game since I was playing a lot of different types of Sims who did a lot of different types of things. Now I feel like I don't branch out that much.

All of that is probably my fault, and maybe I could change it, but meh. I don't have much incentive to.

(got a bit off topic here, oops.)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:20 PM
I use Paulina Wan or Zelda Mae. I really like their faces and how they actually have some matching clothing! Whenever I play Zelda, I fix her roots because they annoy me soo much! But I don't play Maxis-made sims so often, and when I play my own sims, Paulina and Zelda are usually their bestest friends. Same with Leighton Skemeto.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:38 PM
I don't really play pre-created sims either. Back in TS2, however, I loved playing the Curious household and the Goths!
Alchemist
#21 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:33 PM
I'm playing a family that came with my Liberty Bay when I downloaded it. I'm not sure if they're copied EA sims or not
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:32 PM
Never play the pre-made sims too flawed for my tastes.

Though i do like the goths coz Cornelia is smexy, and i usually make all my custom sims hunt her down and marry her.
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmexySims2
Whenever I play Zelda, I fix her roots because they annoy me soo much!

Woot!

vv
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95

No. If they're in The Sims 1-2 games, they are Maxis-made as maxis was the developer for those games, EA was only a publisher. If they're in The Sims 3 game, now they're EA-made as EA is now the developer & the publisher, Maxis doesn't exist anymore.

I usually use Gunther Goth, or Malcolm Landgraab.
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
No. If they're in The Sims 1-2 games, they are Maxis-made as maxis was the developer for those games, EA was only a publisher. If they're in The Sims 3 game, now they're EA-made as EA is now the developer & the publisher, Maxis doesn't exist anymore.

I usually use Gunther Goth, or Malcolm Landgraab.

Technically, they're "Sims Division"-made now, rather than EA or Maxis. Though, uh, Maxis definitely still exists - they're just working on Spore and Darkspore and Spore: The Movie or whatever else they're doing with that.
Page 1 of 2