Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Round Flowerbeds

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 20th May 2006 at 12:38 AM - Updated 23rd Aug 2006 at 8:45 PM by MaryLou & Numenor : Added link to new flowers

169 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 20th May 2006 at 10:12 PM
Wow--so cool!! I was just thinking we needed something like this. Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
#77 Old 20th May 2006 at 11:21 PM
Fantastic, thank you so much. I love this. Question - will recolors of maxis flowers already in the game work with this as well?

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.- Maya Angelou

Avalon
The ModFather
retired moderator
#78 Old 20th May 2006 at 11:44 PM
Yes, but only the recolours for the Maxis Papaver's Poppies; recolours for other flowers will not be "borrowed" by the Modular poppies.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 20th May 2006 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Ravenkitty - What you mean "up to OFB"? The Modular Flowerbeds work perfectly in OFB, too.
Or you are asking us to create Modular sets for other Maxis fences? In this case, the answer is no, sorry: it took us a very long time to complete this set, and we do not plan to create other sets, at the moment.

create Modular sets for other Maxis fences?

yup, thats what i ment. ah well it didnt hurt to ask i figured. i just just took a shot at asking. but you guys are so busy already beeing sim genius'. lol who knows, maybe Maxis will take sime hints from you guys and include them in the Pets ep. but then again i could just be dreaming.

#80 Old 21st May 2006 at 1:30 AM
Thanks Mary & Numenor!! These are awesome!
Test Subject
#81 Old 21st May 2006 at 3:32 AM
Just what I have been wishing for Many Thanks for sharing with us all.
Forum Resident
#82 Old 21st May 2006 at 4:22 AM
Unfortunately, when I tried it in my game, the fences were straight, like all the others. Is there a way to fix that?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#83 Old 21st May 2006 at 8:37 AM
The fences that you find in the Build Mode catalog are still the straight Maxis ones (you have more colours to choose from, though).
The curved fences are placed in the Buy Mode catalog, under the section Decorative/Miscellaneous.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#84 Old 21st May 2006 at 9:19 AM
Oh coolness! I worship at your feet! *bows and worships* Now I'll probably spend more time building gardens than playing with my Sims, lol. Great job, guys!
Alchemist
#85 Old 21st May 2006 at 10:44 AM
You're a sort of creative double-brain! I alway wonder where do you find the time for developing so challening ideas. BRAVI. Thanks for existing.
ciao
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st May 2006 at 1:00 PM
Amazing. You guys are just amazing with what you can do. :lovestruc Thank you so much for this.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 21st May 2006 at 1:21 PM
Wow
Absolutely fantastic work. I have tried this out in my game and it is great. thanks for all your hard work.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 21st May 2006 at 1:43 PM
The fences that you find in the Build Mode catalog are still the straight Maxis ones (you have more colours to choose from, though).
The curved fences are placed in the Buy Mode catalog, under the section Decorative/Miscellaneous.

Oh, that makes sense. Thank you, because these are awesome and I didn't want to miss out..
Instructor
#89 Old 21st May 2006 at 6:45 PM
OMG!!!!I love you!!!!!Thank you so much!!!!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 21st May 2006 at 8:38 PM
Great work...as usual....thank you.
Test Subject
#91 Old 21st May 2006 at 9:49 PM
That's concave, not convex. The "normal" is convex.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 22nd May 2006 at 12:45 AM
My god, you two are insanely talented individuals!

Wow, just wow!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#93 Old 22nd May 2006 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aura218
That's concave, not convex. The "normal" is convex.

Lol! It depends from which point of view you look at it from...

I took as reference point the ground: normally, it is inside the flowerbed (i.e. the ground normally faces the concave face of the fence); and therefore I called "normal" the fence with ground inside.

On the other hand, the ground outside the flowerbed faces the convex side of the fence, and I've called it "convex".

It's just a matter of naming convention, after all; that's why I included the pictures...

Test Subject
#94 Old 22nd May 2006 at 2:12 AM
I have one word ... AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

~Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become~
~author unknown~
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:33 AM
Absolutely Fabulous!!!!! No more boring landscaping. Can't wait to build. THANK YOU :-)

"In dreams begins responsibility."
- William Butler Yeats, "Responsibilities"
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:58 AM
I'm speechless, thank you so much MaryLou and Numenor
Test Subject
#97 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:12 AM
Thanks! It looks really great! :D
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:37 AM
Thank you for once more bringing a little more realism to the Sims. Great job.

I walked into your dream and now I've forgotten how to dream my own dream. Tori Amos
Field Researcher
#99 Old 22nd May 2006 at 3:11 PM
Wow these are beautiful.... I might actually try some landscaping now.
I'm lousy at it... but with these I can't go wrong. LOL!

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 22nd May 2006 at 3:12 PM
Modular Round Flowerbeds
Huhu to all

Super idea and super work of you, thanks. For rundbogen, I
waited already for a long time and her it converted, cool.
Fantastisch! To round of walls find I also absolutely super!

High note! Loves Sim greetings @ll!

I´am Happy to be a Member ... .-))
Page 4 of 7