Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 11:36 AM
Default Ingrid Woolf: Platform 9 3/4
Altheda safely fastened into her basket, belongings secured in the trunk, suitcase perfectly balanced on the trolley in front of her. Ingrid’s blonde curls bounced triumphantly as the thirteen year old weaved her way through Kings Cross, trolley leading the way. Her mother had left one of her new designs, an elegant white lace dress, hanging up, a note attached instructing Ingrid to wear it on her first day back. She had disregarded her mother’s choice in shoes (a pair of teetering heels too tall and grown up for a sixteen year old to wear, let alone a thirteen year old) and had instead opted for a pair of brown sandals. The warm sun had called for a wide brimmed hat, and the overall effect was one quite reminiscent of summer.

The outfit had been the only proof that Penelope Woolf had remembered the date. Once Ingrid had woken, both her parents were already out of the house on business, and she had enjoyed a lonely breakfast of fresh fruit before setting off to the station with the aid of house elf apparition. The elf, who was not allowed to be seen by the muggles at the station, had quickly returned back to the empty Woolf Estate, leaving Ingrid to manoeuvre her own way through lines of people. She followed the lead of a familiar face, Theodore Pritchard, who seemed to have little to no regard for the disgruntled trail of muggles he left in his wake as he powered through crowds.

After her makeshift guide had vanished through the barrier between platforms nine and ten, Ingrid opted to do the same. She had never quite mastered the technique the same way many of the older students had, and was quite unable to simply lean against the brick wall for fear of nothing happening. Instead, she broke into a quick pace, sandals snapping against the floor until the barrier disappeared around her and she was instead engulfed in the steam from the gleaming steam engine. Theodore had already vanished onto the train, so Ingrid wheeled her trolley on the familiar path to the luggage area, where her trunk was stacked away and Altheda was tucked neatly beneath her arm.

It was still early, so many of the compartments were still empty. Ingrid moved towards one near the back where she changed into the school uniform and robes which were kept in the small brown satchel her mother decided to pair with the outfit. Once she was changed, Ingrid pulled out one of the textbooks she was to read for class and began to absorb the information, absently scratching Altheda behind the ears and waiting for others to arrive.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 3:05 AM
((OOC: Funny how despite the fact that our characters are crowded in the same place, no one seems to be interacting with or acknowledge anyone else but NPCs (unclaimed characters) and/or other self-claimed characters. Which kinda destroys the purpose of the whole RP, since without interaction, it's no difference with writing OC fanfiction))
Mad Poster
#53 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 3:14 AM
((OOC: Teddy noticed Cad, but I haven't had time to contact you about them interacting. I feel it'd be only prudent that they do, seeing as they're both Slytherins and in the same year.))
Theorist
#54 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 1:21 PM
((OOC: Well, they don't have to interact YET- since Cad is a transfer student and, at this point, isn't sorted yet. I was just pointing out that as this is an RP, there should be more interactions in the future than there is now.))
Instructor
#55 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 10:53 PM
Default Avarielle Hamlet; Platform 9 and 3/4; Speaking to Cadmus
Being pureblood but having gone to a Catholic primary school, Ava knew how to dress the part of a normal English girl. She was even already used to spending a great deal of time away from her parents. She noticed that not every pureblood could say the same when a shock of pure white hair passed her and she recognized the Malfoy family. They were uptight but not so bad among other purebloods who were financially well off. Draco gave her a supercilious smirk and she only raised her eyebrow in response. He had never quite gotten over her very brief crush on him, still assuming she was pining after him no matter what she said to the contrary. When she looked up she noticed the same exact expression she was wearing on her mother's face. 'It must be a Prince thing,' she thought briefly before casually walking through the barrier. Her father's hand on her back made her fear lessen. They helped her get her trunk and cage settled into the train. She wasn't much help to them considering her sudden realization that this was the train that would finally take her to Hogwarts.

She felt cold tears on her face and absently swiped at them with her sleeve. Her dad gave her a teasingly reproving glare before helping her clean up her face with a proffered handkerchief. "I'm sorry, I just didn't expect to feel this overwhelmed. I will miss the both of you terribly. Really, but I promise to write you regularly. I suspect before Christmas break you'll be quite tired of seeing Nike flap into the house at all hours."

Her mother bent down and gave her a lingering kiss on the forehead, upsetting the careful order she had applied to her bangs. Ava couldn't help but beam with delight anyway. Her father scooped her up afterwards into a hug that was both gentle and comforting.

Once she was back on her own two feet she nodded decisively and turned to grab a seat before they were all taken. But before that she changed into her school robes. The changing rooms were mostly empty at this point so she didn't feel quite so harried and embarrassed by the time she was done.

She opened the first door she came to and noticed a rather older boy sitting quietly by himself. He didn't seem to have any of the markings of the houses as far as she could tell and something seemed different about him.

"May I sit in here or are you expecting friends?" She fidgeted but moved more fully into the compartment so as not to cause problems for those in the aisles.
Theorist
#56 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 7:31 AM Last edited by vhanster : 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:27 AM.
Default Cadmus Vladmir; Hogwarts Express
"May I sit in here or are you expecting friends?"

Hearing his compartment door opening, followed by the sound of a girl's voice, Cadmus all but flinched. Strands of platinum blond hair fell over his eyes as he turned towards the speaker, hiding his lavender irises from view. Without showing any emotion, he scanned her from head to toe. Cadmus noted that the girl was a good deal younger than him - eleven or twelve years at most. Her Hogwarts uniform lacked colour, which means that -like him- she was also a new student.

Realizing that he hasn't answered the girl's earlier question, Cadmus then noticed that she had entered the compartment even though he hadn't given her his consent. He felt a rising irritation and opened his mouth to tell her that, yes, he was expecting friends and that she should find another place to sit in; but before he could voice anything, the train moved, nullifying any possible notion that more people would be coming in. "Suit yourself," he finally answered, and said no more.
Instructor
#57 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:39 AM
Default Avarielle Hamlet; Inside the Hogwarts Express
She only barely caught a flash of violet eyes before the older boy seem to withdraw into himself. She wasn't used to such a reaction since she wasn't exactly intimidating at one hundred fifty centimeters and forty one kilograms. She found it perplexing and studied him more intently. Her dark grey eyes narrowed slightly and one corner of her mouth twitched downward. She realized that of course as a transfer student he wasn't likely to be very usual. But she found something distinctly alien, not in the traditional sense, about him. It was niggling at her like a tattered ribbon just at the back of her mind.

"Suit yourself."

She heard the slight irritation in his voice and found it to put some of her thoughts to rest. 'Beware the quiet ones,' she thought with an inner laugh. Gaining confidence she quickly sat in the opposite seat nearest the window and enlarged a book she had stored shrunken in her pocket for the trip. Idle chat was never her strong suit so she took some refuge in reading. Soon, she nearly forgot anyone was in the compartment with her. The words becoming like living things raised by her imagination. Willed into existence, if only in her mind.

"I meant to say earlier my name is Ava. With an A not an E. Doubt you'll ever need to know it. But, formalities being what they are, don't really care about needs," She intoned giving him a glance over once again. Her black fringe seeming to shield her from seeing too clearly his particular expression.
Scholar
#58 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 9:25 PM
((OOC: Witch Alice hasn't posted/replied in a while. What should I do?))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Theorist
#59 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 3:31 PM
((OOC: Now this is kinda confusing, since the original posters and the players who takes the main casts are hardly active anymore... if we continue the story, this will be an OC-oriented roleplay set in HP world instead of a HP roleplay, but we can't control the main characters since they're still claimed after all))
Inventor
Original Poster
#60 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 2:00 AM
((OOC: I would put some posts in, but since Ginny is not a part of the storyline right now, its kinda hard to do. But yes, I agree that the people who claimed cannon characters such as Harry and Hermione, need to get in here and post. And minimogut, try sending WitchAlice a PM and if there's still no response, go ahead and interact with Harry))

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Scholar
#61 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 2:15 AM
(( OOC: Okay, I'll try. I thought I did a long time ago, but since I can't even remember whether I PMed WitchAlice, it's probably good to try again.))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 1:44 AM
Default Fred And George Weasley
Name: Fredrick (Fred) Weasley|George Weasley
Blood Status: Pure-Blood
House: Gryffindor
Description: They Have Short Ginger Hair,Skinny and tall but shorter then Percy, and (like all Weasleys) freckles.
Bio: Fred and George Weasley were born to Arthur and Molly Weasley on 1 April, 1978; appropriately enough, April Fool's Day. He was raised at his family home of the Burrow, near Ottery St. Catchpole in Devon, England. In addition to his twin brother, Fred had three older brothers, Bill, Charlie and Percy, and two younger siblings, Ron and Ginny. The Weasley family was poor, but loving.

Fred and George enjoyed making mischief from a young age, and were quite a handful for their parents. It was not uncommon for explosions to be heard coming from the bedroom the two shared. They also greatly enjoyed teasing their brothers Percy and Ron. At the age of five, Fred transformed Ron's teddy bear into a giant spider, sparking his arachnophobia, after Ron broke his toy broomstick. Also around that age, he gave Ron an Acid Pop, which burnt a hole through his tongue. When they were seven years old, Fred and George nearly succeeded in getting Ron to make an Unbreakable Vow; their father was so angry that Fred later said "his left buttock has never been the same since."One Christmas, Fred and George set off a Dungbomb under the chair of their great-aunt Muriel during a family dinner. The elderly witch most likely wrote the twins out of her will for this stunt, and stopped attending Christmas celebrations at the Burrow, for which all the Weasley children were thankful. (i was to lazy to write it all so i just took it from the wiki )

Favorite Quote: "Honestly women you call yourself our mother"
Test Subject
#63 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 2:47 AM Last edited by Sluggish : 31st Dec 2011 at 4:55 AM.
Default The Hogwarts Express
(im gonna skip to the train because thats where the last person was at)

Their was no more seats on the train so Fred and George decided to just stand where they were, eventually Proffessor Quirrell had passed though and asked them "Why arent you sitting in a compartment?" "because their is none, we dont mind though" they said with their smiling expression "well that wont do will it?" he conjured up another compartment making the whole train shake then their was a loud sound quite like a police siren george tapped on the pocket of his tan jeans the sound stopped "oh thanks Proffessor..." Quirrell had walked away before George could finish. they sat down in their compartment same seats same lights everything was the same as the year before except them as they had grown a few inches taller, their hair longer and redder, most of all the start of being a teenager, "Hey Fred" George said whispering "i smuggled it on" "what?" "the Mauraders Map" the Marauders Map was a map that showed all of Hogwarts and everyone in it, the year before Filch had confiscated it from them, they stole it back but their mother had found it and threw it in the trash with a locking spell on it "I also i found my sneakerscope." "so thats what was blaring back their" said fred with an extonished look on his face "but why would it be blaring?" "i dont know maybe it was" "Quirrell!" they both said exactly at the same time "but wh-" George stopped he was interrupted by the Trolly Women "Anything from the trolly anything from the trolly dears?" "we'll have two packets of Droobles and two Chocolate Frogs" they handed her the warm money from their pockets "thank you" "your welcome dears, anything from the trolly!" she walked down the small hallway.
Theorist
#64 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 6:59 AM
((OOC: Hopefully you're not controlling Quirrell too much since he is also a claimed character))
Test Subject
#65 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
((OOC: Hopefully you're not controlling Quirrell too much since he is also a claimed character))

((OOC: Yeah i know but their was noone else to use or anyone to think of so i kinda thought it would be okay im only using it here anyway so.. plus that part was real boring i can only think of all the funny stuff to do at Hogwarts! ))
Scholar
#66 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 2:54 PM
(( OOC: No replies fromWitchAlice...))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:52 AM
((OOC: minimogut: I just took a look at WitchAlice's profile and it says the last activity was on September 30 2011. Go ahead and interact with Harry. I don't think anyone will hold it against you.))

Scholar
#68 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:38 AM
Default Holly Gardenia: The Hogwarts Express
((OOC: Okay, thanks you. I need to remember to check the last online activity, ^__^' ))
I waited patiently while they decided. I received several odd looks, mostly on account of my personal style; in my extensive history of public schooling and school switches, I had never seen someone my age who liked what I like. Umbra was really the one who decided; he jumped off of my shoulder and into the compartment. Was it me, or did the red-headed boy give both me and my cat a dirty look? Ah well.
"Go ahead," said the black-haired boy.
I walked in quickly and sat in the vacant seat; Umbra had stolen the other seat. The seat next to the red-head. He flinched and moved as far away from Umbra as possible. I had seen my fair share of reactions, and none of them ever bothered me, but what was Umbra doing.
((OOC: I've missed this, dang it!))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Inventor
Original Poster
#69 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:49 PM
Default Announcement!
ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!
This is an official notice that if anyone who has laid claim to a cannon character has not posted to this thread or the discussion thread by April 20th 2012, you will lose ownership of that character. Only the owners of the Original Characters seem to be wiling to play right now and there is only so far OCs can take a HP role play before it isn't a HP role play any longer. So please, either post and move the story along, or if your character is unable to act within the current parameters if the story, post your willingness to continue on the discussion thread. If you no longer wish to play, please PM me or post on the discussion thread so that someone who does want your character can play. Thank you all. ~VP

Inventor
Original Poster
#70 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 1:14 PM
Announcement!
Time is up! Many, many people did not respond to either disown or keep their characters. As a result there are a lot of characters available for play. Please check the list in the second post of this thread to see who is available and if you have the time to commit to playing, please adopt one of these abandoned characters!

Theorist
#71 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:16 AM
Default Harry Potter; Hogwarts Express
Sitting comfortably in the Hogwarts Express with his newfound friend, Ron Weasly, Harry was still in elation from his experience in this new, magical world. Of course, he'd met several unpleasant people, like the obnoxious Draco Malfoy; but Harry was too excited with Hogwarts to let that matter too much. So long that he would not be sorted in the same house with that git, anyway.

His conversation with Ron was paused when the compartment door opened to reveal a small girl. Harry could recall seeing her in the stone yard behind the Leaky Cauldron, but he had not gotten to know her yet.

"Can I sit here?" She asked them.

Harry did not answer immediately, glancing at Ron questioningly. The red-headed boy stared back at him, obviously wondering about the same thing- and Harry decided that the girl had waited too long.

"Go ahead"

The girl settled to an empty seat, while her black cat took the space next to her. Ron quickly edged away from the cat, and Harry had to laugh. "Don't worry about him, he's just worried that your cat might eat his pet rat."
Instructor
#72 Old 2nd May 2012 at 9:32 AM
Default Severus Snape; Dungeon; Very much alone
After Severus put most of the castle between him and the Headmaster he noticed he was feeling unsettled. There was a certain extra coldness in the air of the dungeons. Logically he knew that the air wasn't actually colder but his body even vested in multiple woolen layers was still given over to chills. If he had to make a guess as to why this year seemed more foreboding than any year previous he would say that the blame lay entirely on an eleven year boy, the only one to survive of his family when the Dark Lord last stroke. Ordinarily such a thing would seem preposterous but they weren't living in an ordinary world. The world that the muggles could understand was a large part of the known universe but then the magical realm lay in the cracks of their scientific knowledge. Wedged in there and all but forgotten. So a little madness could be forgiven. But never a lot of madness.

As even though wizards and witches are used to the "extraordinary" they can't abide by those who challenge the order of the world just as much as muggles.

But that matters little in the scheme of things. Severus knew very well that nothing good could come from beating the odds once. His role proved you had to do it each and every time. Bow your head and go in the ring one more time, again and again.

He busied himself checking the stores, naturally they were well ordered and completely stocked. He eyed the cobwebs critically but there could be no foolish wand waving as magic can have unknown effects on the more sensitive ingredients. He could clear them by hand. He brought up his arm but stopped midway through.

"I'm being absurd. And now talking to myself. This day can only get better." He murmured sarcastically at a jar of pickled newt eyes.
Scholar
#73 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 4:11 AM
((OOC: Is this RP still alive? I'm hoping that I haven't committed an act of necromancy...))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Inventor
Original Poster
#74 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 9:09 AM
((OOC: @minimogut: yeah, I think we're dead. No one (including me) seems to have much of a passion for this anymore. ~VP))

Field Researcher
#75 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 6:21 PM
wow... dead rp... but I'd still like to play ^^))

Page 3 of 3