Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Warrior Sword *UPDATED*

by JohnBrehaut1 Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 5:01 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 6:53 PM by -Maylin-

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 19
Test Subject
#127 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:28 PM
This was way fun to use. Great job!
I did experience the teleport bug you mentioned though but it kept happening (After I deleted the sword rack) Whenever my sim tried to dance with another Sim in that room they zipped all over the place.
Probably an interaction with some other mod..
Anyway I thought I would mention it.
Field Researcher
#128 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 9:22 PM
This is great. Finally I can create the sim I always wanted to and have her equipped with a useable sword. Maya - Harlequin thanks you (My sim) Kudos....

Be true to yourself, only your opinion of yourself truly counts.

Darkie
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:52 AM
I...think...I'm...in...love.
With this sword.
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!
*Breathes.* I want one for my.self.now.
*SQUEE!*
I now become your servant forever!
You are THE best! The BEST! I put you now before the people who make Medieval clothing!

.Call me Bec.
Test Subject
#130 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 2:31 AM
Wow!

This would be an awesome tool for Machinima!

Thanks!
Test Subject
#131 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnBrehaut1
mexican_pirate, It came with Open For Business.

Thanks i just went and picked it up yesterday!!!! haha its awesome!!! your sword goes well with it!! time to kill the neighbourhood!!!!
thanks again!!!
Test Subject
#132 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:24 PM
Excellent job! I'm really impressed with the thought that must have gone into this. I'm also happy you did your own work on this and did not base it on pillow fight. I had the lightsaber and found that you can loss a sim or two before realizing you have a bored sim that's starting lightsaber pillow fights.

Being both a ren performer that does swordfighting in armor and having a self-sim, this will be a great addition to my game. Thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
#133 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 8:58 PM
The sword is terrific! Great work! Im gonna Download it as soon as i get home.

I was just wondering where you got the girls hair in the picture?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#134 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 9:56 PM
this is a very cool item, but when I tried to download it, it said file was corrupt? did I do something wrong. can someone Please tell me how to fix it if it is on my computer. Thanks
Instructor
#135 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 10:47 PM
Try downloading it again. Sometimes, especially when the server is busy, the download terminates before it is finished resulting in an incomplete file. I have downloaded it myself and can assure you it works.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#136 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:26 PM
goddess1nk: It's a pay hair at peggysims2

Thanks Smonaff for clearing that up.
Instructor
#137 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:30 PM
No problem.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Test Subject
#138 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 5:15 AM
WOW! that is amazing
Test Subject
#139 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 10:19 AM
Wow that is so cool, and yes Smonaff is right, it wouldn't download at first but i waited a few minutes, and tried again ad hey presto it did! Thanx JohnBrehaut this is fantastic worknot only does it work but looks fabulous!
Test Subject
#140 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 10:20 AM
Again Well Done
Test Subject
#141 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:29 PM
Great! Very amazing creation, thanks very much for this work
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:56 PM
I cant believe this has actually been done. I have been needing something like this forever especially for some of the sim videos I am hoping to make.

If your looking to make a sword in a stone you can use this full permission granted.

I would give it a go but my skills stop at mesh and textures.

You cannot stop the REVOLUTION.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173431
Field Researcher
#143 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:11 PM
OMG! This is sooooooo great! Finally all my bad sims can kill somone they detest. Thank you!
Test Subject
#144 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 9:39 PM
This is the single most amazing thing I have ever seen for sims. I have wanted something like this forever but I didn't expect anyone to make it. Thank you so so much. You are officially the coolest person on earth for this. <3
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 2:56 PM
Thanks for the reply! i've played it in game (not got ghosts yet tho lol) and it's FANTASTIC!!!! id sit here and say thank you to you all day, but im pretty sure that MTS2 staff wouldn't be happy with me clogging up your post with thousands of thank yous! so i will send one but it's a big one to make up for the others not included :D!

THANK YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 10:59 PM
I am thoroughly impressed- I've been wanting something like this for ages. It is quite an ambitious first project! I cant wait to try it.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 5:17 PM
-Lanf- I have the same problem with the sword disappearing and I have the Holiday version of Sims2 so maybe it does have something to do with it. GRRRR. And I was so excited about using this.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Mark Twain
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#148 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 10:21 PM
crimson, Holiday is more of a patch then an expansion. Did you notice the update window when installing instead of a regular one.
Test Subject
#149 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 3:17 PM
that's fantastic!! amazing!! unluckily my Mac can't read .rar files so please could you make a zip file? thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#150 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 5:31 PM
Thanks, but I have a problem with it.

I had my Sim draw out the sword and kill another Sim. Now, even after I deleted the object from the lot, my Sim sometimes appears on the spot where I placed it before, and then goes back to where he was before. It's like involuntary teleportation, drawing my Sim back to the sword's place.
Page 6 of 19