Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Surf's Up!" - New surfing interaction and set

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 12:13 AM by maybesomethingdunno

290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 12
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#101 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:07 PM
This is very amazing work I've seen for Sims 2. Thank you!
Scholar
#102 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:54 AM
I have a question:
Can surfing be enabled/disabled for certain beach lots? I am making a vacation island and certain beach lots aren't intended for surfing, so is there a way to disable it for those lots?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:07 AM
lazzybum: I could make a special "No Surfing Allowed" sign which would have its own GUID. (Naturally an invisible recolor would be included.) Then I could update the mod to check to see if it finds any such sign (using the GUID) before allowing the surfing interaction to show up on the Active Sim menu. Would this work for you?

I would just need some time to make it, though. (*Is about to go to bed to recover from a very tiring trip*)

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#104 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:02 AM
Oh that would be a wonderful addition to this awesome mod I would like that very much, thank you! Take your time on it, I dont need it right away so I dont want to rush you
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#105 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:26 PM
This looks interesting and fun. Well done for getting it done. It looks like a lot of work. And thanks too. BTW, the sign would be an excellent addition.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:39 PM
This is more than awesome actually. I am pretty sure that this is one of the best mods regarding animation and skill gaining that I have seen so far. Great work and thank you so much for one more reason why I love beach lots.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#107 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:37 PM
OMG, u creators never cease to amaze me with ur talent and creativity. Remarkable!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 3:08 PM
...I really needed this for my game! :D

Thank you so much, it's gonna add alot to my gameplay!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:45 PM
Wow, really nice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 12:45 AM
cool... SURF'S UP
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#111 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 10:11 AM
wow this is brilliant! Well done.....
Test Subject
#112 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 8:36 AM
Everything worked brilliantly in game. I used it in a custom 'hood on a residential lot, worked like a charm - social, fun, skill, and hobby enthusiasm all went up. YAY!! The animations are hilarious! Then a friend walked by, so the teenager give his friend a gift and then they went surfing together. (His friend was better because he had higher body skill to start with).

I went to a business and set up a few boards to sell. Everything worked perfectly, including restocking. Great way to get lots of sims surfing.

Thank you so much for this new game play - really worth having in game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:14 PM
Awwwwwwww!!!! Sooo amazing! Thank u for this great Download!!!! :DDD
Inventor
THANKS POST
#114 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 8:13 PM
Great work! And one more reason I'm glad I returned to TS2.
No problems here either, BTW.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:48 PM
Arrggg! Thy evil plot is working all right. I own all EP's, but nothing after Seasons was loaded. Now I have to install BV just to try this! Thanks a lot.
Scholar
#116 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:39 AM
Ok so I already thanked you but I had to come back after actually playing with this in game and thank you again. So much fun and it works just really great. You are simply awesome!

Including a photo of one of my frat boys showing off.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:30 PM
Wow. Thank You So Much Ive Been Looking For Something Like This For Along Time.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 5:47 PM
I can't get it to work, it's not in my interactions.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:02 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 19th Jun 2011 at 5:18 AM.
Clashfan: Thanks for the pic.

imagine: Have you bought a surfboard and placed it in a Sim's inventory? You must click on the Sim you are currently controlling. The Sim must a Teen or older. The Sim must not be a Servo or "showing" stages of pregnancy. The Sim must be a on beach lot. Also, if the Sim is currently swimming, the option won't show.

Thanks again, everyone.

Tumblr
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#120 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:55 AM
Simply fantastic ! Wow, thanks !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:31 AM
Since i have questions: could surf the young adults too? I mean from the Uinversity the aged young adults, who are between teen and adult. So if they are go from the university town to the beach for vacation. And where can we buy the surfboards? Could we buy more recolors in same time and sometimes could we change them between the different surfings? Is that a new place shop object where we can buy the surfboards?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:06 PM
Hey, you! Great job!!! Thank you!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:07 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 20th Jun 2011 at 2:18 PM.
he84: Yes, young adults can surf too. In fact, roughly half of my Test Sims were young adults. It should not matter if the Sim is on campus or on vacation, so long as they are on a beach lot which has not lost its beach portals or wave effects. The surfboards can be found in the Hobbies section of Buy Mode under the Exercise grouping (where the exercise machines are found). This is the only way to buy your Sims surfboards unless have made your own surf shops in OFB for Sims to buy surfboards. Community lots will not automatically sell the surfboards; the surfboard would just be a decorative object if it is not marked for sale in an OFB store. From what I've seen, when a Sim buys something with recolors (let's say the red version of painting which comes in various recolors), they buy the object in its state of being recolored (so the Sim would get the red version of the painting). There's nothing stopping you from buying another instance of the object which is recolored blue to get a blue version. However, there is also nothing stopping you from recoloring one once it has been purchased. So, you can buy a red surfboard and a blue surfboard to get two in the two colors, but there is nothing stopping you from buying one and recoloring it to be a different color. You would need to take the surfboard out of the Sim's inventory to recolor it though. The interaction makes a temporary clone of the first surfboard it finds in the inventory for use in the interaction; when the interaction is done, the temporary clone is deleted. So recoloring a surfboard while the Sim is surfing on it is not a permanent change. If you want to switch between boards, I would recommend you place the one you currently don't want to use on a surfboard rack (or somewhere out of inventory) assuming this is a lot where you have access to the inventory (I had once planned to make it so a Sim could place or grab the boards from the rack, but it slipped through my list of priorities); otherwise the interaction will just grab a surfboard from the Sim's inventory. I'm afraid I have not looked deeply into surfboard shuffling (i.e. changing the order of recolors) in the inventory enough to speak from personal experience. Sorry for the wall of text. I hope that makes sense and answers your questions.

Tumblr
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#124 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:54 PM
I can't wait to get home and try this! I tried it over the weekend and couldn't understand why my game kept crashing everytime I sent my sim to the beach. Alas, the surf board must be "in their inventory" duh! not on the beach..lol! Can't say enough about paying attention to instructions. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:49 PM
Thank you very much - This download will be a wonderful addition to my gameplay!

Thanks again!
Page 5 of 12