Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 11:20 PM
Default Is it possible to find the polycount of each LOD without TSRW?
I am trying to create a program that can read the polycount of many packages at the same time.So I need to be able to tell the program at which tags it should look for.
I have a question for the people that know how to create clothes of hairstyles.

Is there a way to find the polycount of each LOD without TSRW for CAS items?Like by using S3PE or Postal?
I mean with S3PE,if you right-click the GEOM tags and open the ''Model Viewer'',you can see some counts.But how do I know which GEOM corresponds to each LOD?I believe the highest one should be LOD0?

Tumblr: simdifference https://simdifference.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:21 PM
I must warn you that I'm completely ignorant in this matter (programming), I can only chip in with my very little experience in CC making.

Whenever I encounter a package made by someone else, and I want to extract the meshes in order to modify them, I can easily identify which LOD is which with the file size: the bigger it is, the higher the LOD.

For example, for EA-made BODY meshes, LOD1 is ~200Kb, LOD2 is ~100Kb, and LOD3 is ~50Kb. Here I'm talking about the bare bones geom; literally: no bones, morphs, etc., just the geom.

The variation, I've seen, is of around 30Kb up or down for each LOD.

I've seen that S3PE has a tag for "filesize". I can't really "read" that, but maybe you can. Or maybe create a script to "translate" that info.

Now, when it comes to actually counting polygons... that's something totally out of my scope; I use Milkshape for that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 8:20 PM
I found Delphy’s QADPE and I’ll show it to my programmer,even though I don’t know how it works.He told me that we probably need the RCOL Chunk to be able to read the tags,like the MODL/ MLOD tags (for buy/build objects) and the GEOM tags (for CAS items) in order to find the LODs . Does anyone know something that could help?

Tumblr: simdifference https://simdifference.tumblr.com/