Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Urnstone Spawner; Updated 09/28/08

by mike_1102 Posted 23rd Jun 2007 at 4:46 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2010 at 5:56 PM by mike_1102

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 4:49 AM
It didn't crash my game; I have all EPs and stuff packs. The only thing is I don't see any ghost come out. I waited 2 nights after spawning the tombstones. I spawned Mortimer Goth's parents so I don't know if they just don't have ghosts. I'll have to try some other dead sim...
Thanks for this.
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 10:00 AM Last edited by Richard Cunningham : 1st Jul 2007 at 4:05 PM.
I respawned all of the graves from the Goth mansion and in about 4 sim days 6 graves had vanished and were no longer able to be respawned and lost for good.

I'm not sure if it's because of this mod or whether it's just a game error as I've had this happen before I used this mod on this same lot so it may just be a buggy Goth lot.
I was using them outdoors as gravestones and not urns and I know gravestones do tend to occasionally delete themselves so perhaps it's safer to use the urns instead.

I do believe there is a mod out there somewhere that stops ghosts from leaping into graves (which causes gravestones deleting) but not sure where to find it.

I may build the Goths a crypt for their dead and salvage the remaining graves.

Edit:
The graves I've spawned on the Beaker's lot all seem to be gone except 1 (so it's not just a problem with the Gaths). Gravestones seem to be vanishing at a rapid rate with no hope of respawning, but not sure if it's the mod or just my game.
In any case, I'm sticking with urns.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Cunningham
I respawned all of the graves from the Goth mansion and in about 4 sim days 6 graves had vanished and were no longer able to be respawned and lost for good.

I'm not sure if it's because of this mod or whether it's just a game error as I've had this happen before I used this mod on this same lot so it may just be a buggy Goth lot.
I was using them outdoors as gravestones and not urns and I know gravestones do tend to occasionally delete themselves so perhaps it's safer to use the urns instead.

I do believe there is a mod out there somewhere that stops ghosts from leaping into graves (which causes gravestones deleting) but not sure where to find it.

I may build the Goths a crypt for their dead and salvage the remaining graves.

The graves I've spawned on the Beaker's lot still remain.

Thank you for reporting this.
This problem hasn't happened to the gravestones I spawned, so I won't be able to determine whether or not it's a bug of the spawner or the spawned gravestones.

You probably don't know this, but there is an invisible object called the Urnstone Controller exisiting on every lot, which runs code in the background to control the all gravestones and urns on the lot and spawns ghosts at night. I highly suspect that this object can become corrupted or its code may have bugs which cause the deletion of gravetones. I didn't realize this until I heard from so many people that gravestones were mysterious disappearing on their lots.

I will looking into the controller object when I'm free. In the meantime, if you keey the debugging cheat (ie. boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) activated while playing, you should see error messages associated with the gravestones, ghosts or the controller pop up right before when the gravestones would normally be deleted.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mike_1102
Thank you for reporting this.
This problem hasn't happened to the gravestones I spawned, so I won't be able to determine whether or not it's a bug of the spawner or the spawned gravestones.

You probably don't know this, but there is an invisible object called the Urnstone Controller exisiting on every lot, which runs code in the background to control the all gravestones and urns on the lot and spawns ghosts at night. I highly suspect that this object can become corrupted or its code may have bugs which cause the deletion of gravetones. I didn't realize this until I heard from so many people that gravestones were mysterious disappearing on their lots.

I will looking into the controller object when I'm free. In the meantime, if you keey the debugging cheat (ie. boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) activated while playing, you should see error messages associated with the gravestones, ghosts or the controller pop up right before when the gravestones would normally be deleted.

I edited my post above just before I saw your reply. Just added that I'm having similar problems with the Beakers but didn't realise (don't usually play them much).
I've been playing in debug mode, but have seen no errors.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know about the urnstone controller.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 4:16 PM
Awesome, thanks. I've got my deleted headstone back, and it didn't crash my game. :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 12:33 AM
This sounds like a wonderful mod and I was DYING for this sort of thing, but I guess it just doesn't want to work for me. I have Uni, Nightlife, and Glamour Life, just so you know. I am, however, willing to test the new version. Thank you so much for coming up with this.

~~Mike
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 7:35 PM
It crashed to the desktop for me as well, and I really was hoping it would work. I have the base, uni, nightlife and glamour as well.

Thanks for trying
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:17 PM
thx! i accidentally killed Tank Grunt on the Smith's lot and deleted his grave, thissl help.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 10:50 PM Last edited by robinschatz : 3rd Feb 2008 at 11:15 PM.
Is there any way you could create just a buyable decorative version of the headstones? What I really want is to be able to buy a platinum romance headstone to replace one I lost due to a Maxis glitch. I don't care if it's not assigned to a sim. It could just be decorative. It seems that you are currently working with gravestones, so I thought maybe if I begged you'd consider doing this. Thanks!
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st May 2008 at 9:32 PM
This Crashed My Game
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:18 AM
it crashed my game
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 7:33 PM
this nice the problem is i have them all until free time and all stuff includibg bath and ikea the complete collection of sims 2 not missing any i will give it a go and tell you what thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:08 AM
I see someone uses Macrotastics!
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work in my game, so I'll give it a go.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Little Nemo : 21st Jan 2009 at 12:16 AM.
This mod is fabolous! I could recover some Sim ghosts, whose urns/tombstone had vanished by installing new add-ons! Two thumbs up!

Also, I took some research for the last unknown ghost colors:

Ghost color Nr. 10 (called 0A) produces a green ghost for me, so I guess, that's the color for 'Death by Cowplant' (Uni).

Ghost Color Nr. 13 (called 0D) produces a ghost carrying a megaphone = death by ralley forth.

The Ghost colors Nr. 9, 11 and 12 (09, 0B and 0C) produce ghosts with a bluish tone, similar to death by starvation. I know from guides, that ghosts who suffer 'Death by Sunlight' (vampires) or Death by elevator (OFB or AL), should have the same color as 'death by starvation', so this could be them. the third bluish ghost could be 'death by scissors, which is actually light pink, but perhaps the mod doesn't recognize this color because it's not stored in the game itself but only in the scissor object from the exchange? (Would be perfect, if you could something about that...)

Ghost color Nr. 14 (0E) produces a Ghost without bluish or any color - perhaps it's some kind of base color for ghosts?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Little Nemo
This mod is fabolous! I could recover some Sim ghosts, whose urns/tombstone had vanished by installing new add-ons! Two thumbs up!

Also, I took some research for the last unknown ghost colors:

Ghost color Nr. 10 (called 0A) produces a green ghost for me, so I guess, that's the color for 'Death by Cowplant' (Uni).

Ghost Color Nr. 13 (called 0D) produces a ghost carrying a megaphone = death by ralley forth.

The Ghost colors Nr. 9, 11 and 12 (09, 0B and 0C) produce ghosts with a bluish tone, similar to death by starvation. I know from guides, that ghosts who suffer 'Death by Sunlight' (vampires) or Death by elevator (OFB or AL), should have the same color as 'death by starvation', so this could be them. the third bluish ghost could be 'death by scissors, which is actually light pink, but perhaps the mod doesn't recognize this color because it's not stored in the game itself but only in the scissor object from the exchange? (Would be perfect, if you could something about that...)

Ghost color Nr. 14 (0E) produces a Ghost without bluish or any color - perhaps it's some kind of base color for ghosts?

Glad to hear that you liked the mod. This is not my most popular mod, but it is my favorite one. And I appreciate your effort in trying to figure out the death types. I don't intend to update this object tho(or any of my mods from now on), cause I've already uninstalled the game so there's no way for me to test any new versions.
Thanx again.
#41 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 8:59 PM
In that case, do you mind if I tinker with the copy I just downloaded?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
In that case, do you mind if I tinker with the copy I just downloaded?

Not at all. And feel free to reupload the improved version, preferably onto this site.
Let me know how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mike_1102
Let me know how it goes.

Me too

by the way, I found a vid on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYROWHCr7eo

18 Ways (and with death by scissors even one more)? - guess, I have to go collecting again...
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for this i'm about to tell a sad tail.... *que sad music* I made a graveyard once it was grand with many people in it. one day i made a sim spouse go there to see her husbands grave. when she arrived no graves were to be found. Not one tombstone. So I went to the Goth's house those graves where gone also i went to every house that I knew had graves or urns they were all gone. This will help get my dead sims back. if anyone knows what could have happend please tell me.

Nick
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 9:17 AM
Hi!
I have to thank you, mike_1102, for creating this tool.
It helped me getting all my ghost back to my cemetery after all tombstones vanished for no reason.

A hint is to always keep a copy of your dead-sims data file from the Neigbor-Directory. Because if the tombstones suddenly disappear and you save the lot - their data is gone.

Pity this terrible disappearing-bug destroys all relationships of your dead sims, including family-relation. So you will never be able to resurect the dead sims (unless you create relations with SimPE which is a hell of a work).

But anyway, I am happy to have my tombstones back with the scary ghosts of my sim´s ancestors.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:24 PM
Thank you ! :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#47 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 2:28 AM
This is a great mod! I don't know why it isn't better known or more popular. It's certainly quicker and easier than using the "batbox" to respawn missing graves.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 4:56 AM
I'd recommend downloading this as well if you plan to be using this mod. When I used to use it, my gravestones would often disappear at random and it was always after I had this mod downloaded. I'm not trying to insult the creator, but if this mod didn't potentially wreck my game it would be an incredible mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 1:26 PM
I downloaded this mod and it worked great for restoring 3 graves. The bad thing is that I had a bunch of tombstones vanish from a cemetery and I don't know which dead sims belonged to which missing graves. If you happen to create a mod that restores all graves in one shot, please let us know. Yup March 2021 and playing SIMs 2. I reinstalled sims 2 so that I could convert many items for SIMs 3...BIG MISTAKE ....as I got back into playing both SIMs 2 and SIMs 3 again, lol ^_^ Thanks for the mod!
Page 2 of 2