Replies: 1935 (Who?), Viewed: 302469 times.
Page 78 of 78
Mad Poster
#1926 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 4:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
My downloads - 34.3GB - 27,137 files - 657 folders. However 11,311 of those files are in my ZZZ-ToSort folder and haven't been bundled and compressed yet.

Have now bundled and squished this down to 27.3GB - 18,860 files, 351 folders, so I'm happy. That'll go down even further when I bundle the jewellery, object recolours and clothing meshes (once I finish adding fat morphs to them), but I just spent the last few hours hiding all the new floors from the catalogue and now I just want to play.
Test Subject
#1927 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 10:38 PM
I currently have 50,302 package files in my game probably need to clean a bit, huh. 21.5 GB
Lab Assistant
#1928 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 11:49 PM
I try my best to keep it as lean as possible. Most of my mods are quality of life improvements (like the Pet Away sign) and bug fixes.

~ 66 MB if I recall
Mad Poster
#1929 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 1:52 AM
66MB? I don't know how you do it. I'd go mad without all of my recolours.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Theorist
#1930 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 2:00 AM
I've just done a major overall, going through and removing everything that isn't actually used in the current hood and I have just that one hood in the current game folder (I use separate game folders for different types of play), so now the Downloads folder is just under 1GB. I could probably trim a bit more.
Top Secret Researcher
#1931 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 10:15 PM
Just spent the day trying to cut down on my running tabs in Chrome (it's been fluctuating between 50 and 90 for about two weeks now, ) and now my download folder is up to 21.8. I've got 8 GB is just for clothes and hair! All you simmers with your 1 GB this and MB that, you've all got some magical willpowers.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#1932 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 5:11 PM
@Phantomknight -You should see what's in my game if you think you're bad for having CC and hacks in your game.My fridge menu for mealtimes is insane because I've got tons of custom foods and a breakfast anytime hack from here in my game.That's just one of many hacks installed.My buy mode catalog is no better than the fridge with the tons of meal options.
I went a bit crazy with custom foods not needing any cooking skill or a stove to help newbies without any cooking skill to be able to have more options for dinner than instant meal drinks after having sims almost starve overnight because I could have them eat dinner before OFB because they could't fix any dinner.
Scholar
#1933 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 6:48 PM
14.6 GB. Not sure how it rose that high, and probably explains why my Sims can't go to commercial lots or drive to work any more (they have to walk - but oddly schools are not affected). 50/50 didn't fix the problem because even after removing all clashing mods, both halves of the 50/50 displayed the same problem. I need to do some more thinking on this matter...
Lab Assistant
#1934 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 10:27 PM
IDK but counting the hacks, clothing replacements, CC and food mods I have 698 .package files
Mad Poster
#1935 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 11:54 PM
Not counting the stuff in the Program Files folder, my Downloads folder is currently 32,904 files taking up just under 9.5 Gb. Roughly 2300 of those files are mods.
Theorist
#1936 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 12:47 PM
Playing the game on a fresh install from earlier this year, on a custom gaming desktop with an SSD.

My Main game: 7.51GB and it loads in about 23 seconds give or take (with all cache deletions and newly added content it's closer to 30 seconds) from launch to 'hood. Lots load in seconds as well.

My Research Station game : 1.84GB and it loads almost instantly (with or without cache deletion).

So yeah, no complaints.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Page 78 of 78