Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 11:44 PM
Ok like what HP and you said I click on SV .world file but a thing pops up and says like you need to have a program to open this! something like that.

What do I do?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#102 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by soccergirll1996
Ok like what HP and you said I click on SV .world file but a thing pops up and says like you need to have a program to open this! something like that.

What do I do?

You need to download S3PE to open the world file, as explained in HP's post.
Get S3PE here:
http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php
Test Subject
#103 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:14 AM
do I download it from this thread http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=189.0 ? Sorry I just want to make sure.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#104 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:56 AM
Test Subject
#105 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 2:07 AM Last edited by soccergirll1996 : 2nd Jan 2011 at 7:26 PM.
nevermind its working
Test Subject
#106 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 7:27 PM
Ok I open up S3PE and try to open up SV but it says this:

Could not open package:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\Sunset Valley.world
Front-end Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Library Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\Sunset Valley.world' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversion, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
-----

why will it not let me open it?

thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#107 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 10:53 PM
Try copying SunsetValley.world to your documents folder and then opening it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 11:05 PM
I think you can also get past that error by running S3PE as an administrator, though probably best to copy it in case you go do something silly like making changes to it by accident and then save over the original.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#109 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 1:55 AM Last edited by soccergirll1996 : 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:39 AM.
Thanks, I have it opened in s3pe. I am importing the files into the other world file but it just freezes when I click open and the hole S3PE page is frozzen. And I have been waiting for like 10 min for it to work. I just don't think its going to work with me! Do you know of any good site of where I couold download the real SV into CAW! Thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#110 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:59 AM
Thanks, I have it opened in s3pe. I am importing the files into the other world file but it just freezes when I click open and the hole S3PE page is frozzen.

Try importing the files a few at a time, and you can also try importing directly from the world file (instead of exporting the files first).
Test Subject
#111 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 4:23 AM
ok got the files saved and I went into CAW and clicked on the world that I want to open but it said:

Unable to load file .'\C\Users\account name\doc.\ea\ts3CAW tool\User tool data\Worlds\Glacier Pass.world':Cannot load a Packed File (0) in The Sims 3 CAW Tool- Beta

What do I do now

Sorry for all of the questions!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#112 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 3:16 PM
ok got the files saved and I went into CAW and clicked on the world that I want to open but it said:

Unable to load file .'\C\Users\account name\doc.\ea\ts3CAW tool\User tool data\Worlds\Glacier Pass.world':Cannot load a Packed File (0) in The Sims 3 CAW Tool- Beta

What do I do now

Sorry for all of the questions!

That shows that the import didn't work correctly- that message occurs when the global layer can't be located. Try it again, make sure you are following the steps exactly.
Test Subject
#113 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:58 PM
How can I copy all Ressources ?

Are the Ressources ALL the Files on the left side ?
Do I have to select all of them and then Export them to... ?
How can I select them all without make a click on each of them ?

thanks for help
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#114 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sentracks
How can I copy all Ressources ?

Are the Ressources ALL the Files on the left side ?
Do I have to select all of them and then Export them to... ?
How can I select them all without make a click on each of them ?

thanks for help

Yes, they are all of the files contained within the world file. Select all of them by clicking the top one, scrolling down and then shift-clicking the bottom one.

Alternatively you can import from package instead, and then select your world file when it asks you to choose the package.
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:28 PM
Could you please explain this step:

Quote:
2. Replace duplicates, use resource names, and compress are ticked. Save.

thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#116 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:38 PM
If you try this with S3Pe, you will understand what's meant by that. Follow the steps as HP directed in the first post and a box will pop-up in which you can select those options.
Test Subject
#117 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:48 PM
OK I`ll try it
Test Subject
#118 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 10:16 AM
OK It works... But in CAW I get an error if I want to save ???
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#119 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 10:53 AM
OK It works... But in CAW I get an error if I want to save ???

Do file>Save as and give it a fresh name. Please read the rest of the thread, these problems have all been discussed in here.
Test Subject
#120 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 10:50 AM
Ok sorry
My English isn't perfect so I don't understand everythink...

But Thank you for your help
Test Subject
#121 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 11:56 AM
Now it works to save the world with other name etc. But now I can't open it with CAW again ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#122 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 1:23 PM
Now it works to save the world with other name etc. But now I can't open it with CAW again ?

Do you get an error? Perhaps try it again- I can open worlds I've saved using this method, so possibly it didn't save correctly. Make sure that when you import the resources using S3PE you choose Save but when you open that world in CreateAWorld you choose Save As... and give it a fresh name.
Test Subject
#123 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 6:15 PM
Yes the second time I've tried it it has worked.
But now I have the next problem.
I can't export the world there comes an error like

"The world couldn't be exported"

I don't know if it is translated correctly
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#124 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 9:41 PM
Make sure you have given the world a name, thumbnail and description. If you are wishing to install an edited version of one of the EA worlds then you also need to delete the WPID as outlined in this thread. That is so that the world is seen as a different world to the existing EA worlds by the game.
Test Subject
#125 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 10:37 PM
I haven't used a world out of the game...
Locked thread
Page 5 of 12