4 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#16051 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 7:22 PM
That townie was lucky that she had such a good friend.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16052 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Is this supposed to happen to the train set in Free Time?

Edit: Okay, well she died... She's only a townie but I'm going to try to get Victor Aspir to plead for her life with only a 43/22 relationship!

Yes, you need a sprinkler above or a mod. same deal for the lit Christmas tree.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#16053 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:06 PM
Why is everyone in my game spontaneously bursting into flames!?!

This time, it wasn't the Train set!!

I can't save this guy because Kaylynn Langerak is at work so RIP "Mervin Best"

Edit: I tried to save him myself

Looks like he will live!

Edit 2: Okay, maybe not He died of hunger...
Instructor
#16054 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:16 AM
Thanks for the help, everyone!
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Actually... That's one of my lots It works in my game as it is - but I think I either have it modded or used the walk-through blocks. Can't remember, it was a long time ago...
I think in an UNmodded game, if you switch the door with the toilet (flipping it against the other wall) you will be fine. The tap end of the tub is where sims enter/exit, so that is what needs a clear space. Dog bathing may need both tub tiles open IDK. Good luck! ...and I will amend my original DL/post description to include these instructions. Sorry for the confusion ~ thanks for pointing it out

I thought about commenting on the post itself, but I figured it would be more useful to message here. Love the house!

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#16055 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:24 AM
Why is everyone in my game spontaneously bursting into flames!?!

This time, it wasn't the Train set!!

I can't save this guy because Kaylynn Langerak is at work so RIP "Mervin Best"

Edit: I tried to save him myself

Looks like he will live!

Edit 2: Okay, maybe not He died of hunger...

Do you have the Seasons patch? I notice that it's summer, and that's the sort of thing that used to happen in summer before the Seasons patch. Alternatively, did a disappointed date deliver a flaming bag of poo?
Scholar
#16056 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Do you have the Seasons patch? I notice that it's summer, and that's the sort of thing that used to happen in summer before the Seasons patch. Alternatively, did a disappointed date deliver a flaming bag of poo?

I have the Ultimate Collection, does it not have all the patches?
Kaylynn Langerak hasn't had any dates yet, this was a random townie. I noticed he had sun burn though, and so did the townie that nearly died with the train set. My Seasons are set for 7 days each so I guess I answered my own question! I think I need to avoid hot tubs, saunas and train sets during Summer!
Inventor
#16057 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:39 AM
Yup. It looks like he overheated and spontaneously combusted as a result. Even with default length seasons this can happen. I once had a sim burst into flames after overheating from a bath
Mad Poster
#16058 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 1:43 AM
You would think that the UC has all the patches, but honestly I wouldn't put it past EA to rerelease the unpatched version.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16059 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:32 AM
They said the UC was fully patched.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16060 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:27 AM
You wouldn't happen to have an ivy trellis on the lot? There's a glitch where, under rare circumstances, it can spawn invisible fires.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#16061 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 5:22 AM
How often do you all get burglars? I swear, in my new town I've gotten 2+ per household and I've only played 3-4 sim seasons worth of time.
Mad Poster
#16062 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
How often do you all get burglars?
Rarely. I think I've had 5 or 6 burglaries in my whole game, and I'm just coming up to 6 years playing at the end of this month. Whenever there is one, there's a rash of Sims buying burglar alarms -- I think that's a bit like Real Life. I hope they continue to be rare. If I was getting as many as you, I think I'd be looking for a mod to stop them; as it is I've got one so that the policeman/woman nearly always wins the fight.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#16063 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:24 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 15th Nov 2018 at 10:35 AM.
I don't get them very often. They only seem to come when everyone is asleep around 12-3 am, and many times that doesn't happen (especially if the family has a pet).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#16064 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:34 AM
In Tinsel Town, about 1 a month. Used to be every week, but I guess the burglar has settled down or something. My burglar usually shows up around 12:30 am or 1 am just after the last person comes home from their job. (being a Broadway star does attract the bad guys. They seem to think you have money).

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16065 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:37 AM
Do you have it modded? The only time I've seen them show up in the daytime was because of a glitch.

Mad Poster
#16066 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:41 AM
I meant to write AM, which is after midnight. I've never seen them in the daylight either, thankfully. I think they are vampires in disguise but with greed thrown in for the win..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16067 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:18 PM
I have the Ultimate Collection, does it not have all the patches?
Kaylynn Langerak hasn't had any dates yet, this was a random townie. I noticed he had sun burn though, and so did the townie that nearly died with the train set. My Seasons are set for 7 days each so I guess I answered my own question! I think I need to avoid hot tubs, saunas and train sets during Summer!

Spontaneous combustion in Seasons was never fixed by a patch because it wasn't a bug - it was a FEATURE! (Remember what I said before about Maxis loving things to burst into flames.)

So naturally (as usual) a modder had to fix it.

Pescado's warmthfixes is the only mod that I can think of at the moment. I'm sure someone else must have made a mod that stops it completely, but I can't recall any just now.

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
BUGS & ANNOYANCES FIXED:
1. Warmth caps now properly applied, so the undead will not turn blue despite
supposedly not being allowed to drop to that level (and ruining their
portrait pose to boot). Cap for undead also raised so that they will not
react to the temperature.

2. Spontaneous combustion temperature raised to +90. Chance reduced. Combined
with above, should greatly reduce instances of combustion as it now
requires an unlikely combination of circumstances (Outside, High Temp).

3. Outdoor temperatures no longer affect sims that are indoors, so treadmill
and hot tub related combustion should be impossible indoors combined with
above.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg213657
Inventor
#16068 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Spontaneous combustion in Seasons was never fixed by a patch because it wasn't a bug - it was a FEATURE! (Remember what I said before about Maxis loving things to burst into flames.)

SimWardrobe has NoRandomBurstingIntoFlames here:
Quote:
Prevents sims from randomly bursting into flames when they are hot.

The seasons expansion pack has sims bursting into flames all over the place. It made me rather curious about just why that was. So I poked around in the code and was rather surprised about what I found.

If your sim's temperature is greater than or equal to 70, there is a 1 in 100 chance of the sim bursting into flames. There is a chance of this happening once every 15 minutes. Objects such as the treadmill rapidly push your sims temperature over 70. It should be noted that your sim will suffer heat exhaustion at 100, so the threshold for bursting into flames is actually much lower.

It's nearly essential if you play Test of Time or certain themed hoods/lots. Imagine my shock when my pre-simhistoric founders went Dragon Ball on me in the middle of fishing!
Mad Poster
#16069 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 2:53 PM
How often do you all get burglars? I swear, in my new town I've gotten 2+ per household and I've only played 3-4 sim seasons worth of time.

Very Rarely. If I remember correctly, all members of the household must by asleep by a certain time and then the burglar will come between around 11pm and 3am. Most of the time my Sims rarely go to bed at the same time so there's always someone awake around Midnight. That stops the burglar since everyone is not in bed by what ever time is is (I want to say around 9pm or 10pm.)
Inventor
#16070 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:15 PM

Whoops, I didn't notice this question.

I had one house that had a burglar every week, and it was the criminal mastermind's mansion of all places - must be some disgruntled underlings. Normally, not that many; probably once every two - three sim weeks at most, though I've had some persistent burglars every now and then. My current apocalyptic hood has had one almost every 3 days since the third season, fittingly enough, though I must wonder why she bothers when there's barely anything to take...
Instructor
#16071 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:34 PM
I have a burglar that comes at least a few times a week. I have a mod that allows burglars to come more often. Doesn't matter the time or if sims are awake. I like it because it brings some excitement when sims are at work and school.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#16072 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:00 PM
Why do parents want to go on vacation after they send their kids to college? One thing I've noticed over the years of playing is that parent Sims roll vacation wants after their kids move into a dorm. For example Herb Oldie moved into a dorm and his mom has a want to buy a vacation home and want to go on vacation.
Test Subject
#16073 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:45 PM
I get burglars all the time! Every one of my households has had one at least once.
Mad Poster
#16074 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Imagine my shock when my pre-simhistoric founders went Dragon Ball on me in the middle of fishing!

Personally, I was quite amused when Don Lothario burst into flames from sitting in a hot tub too long. Must've used too much hair oil.

Mad Poster
#16075 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I had one house that had a burglar every week, and it was the criminal mastermind's mansion of all places - must be some disgruntled underlings.
Or maybe members of a rival criminal organization are trying to send him a message.

Quote: Originally posted by monjit1
I have a mod that allows burglars to come more often.
I need to get one of those mods. I very rarely see a burglar. My game's idea of a crime wave appears to be when mean townies steal everybody's newspaper or kick over all the curbside trash cans.

Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Why do parents want to go on vacation after they send their kids to college? One thing I've noticed over the years of playing is that parent Sims roll vacation wants after their kids move into a dorm. For example Herb Oldie moved into a dorm and his mom has a want to buy a vacation home and want to go on vacation.
"Yay! Junior's FINALLY out of the house! Let's celebrate!"
Page 643 of 1339