Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 6:21 PM
Default Casie for buildings?
Some people have been mentioning that some of the buildings look like they may be plopped down objects as opposed to lots created in game. That got me thinking, what if this time around the release a casie-like program for making buildings. Would want something like that? What would you want to include if it did?
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 10:14 PM
If the buildings are just plopped down, I definately think there should be a tool to create the buildings. It would really put me off if we can't create and style the buildings the way we want them.
#3 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:11 PM
Here too. I don't think I'd buy it if I couldn't create my own buildings, but a casie... I don't know if I'd like that or not. I enjoy building a lot. I suppose it would depend on how they went about it. If it's all prefab styles you just get to chose from instead of the flexibility to test out new styles on your own, I wouldn't like that at all.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 12:47 AM
We seriously better be able to create our own buildings because we always have been able to in Sims 1 & 2, so why not now in Sims 3?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:07 AM
I think the game wold be terribly boring if we couldn't create and design our own buildings.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 2:36 PM
Oh, I'm sure we'll get to make our own buildings. I more meant would you like it be in game only like TS2 or would you like a seperate program that would let you build houses outside the game, that maybe like Casie/bodyshop had more options that the ingame program?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:10 PM
I sincerely doubt they'll do any external thing for building - they've talked about offering more creation options in-game in terms of textures and that kind of thing, so I think if they do any additional creation features, it will all be done in-game, not in separate programs.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 4:00 PM
I'd love a separate program for creating lots...
#9 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 9:01 PM
what about differrent styles for several types of rabbit holes? Or maybe rabbit holes in which they provide the shape and we choose stuff like exterior wall collor, windows, and roofing stuff? possibly stuff outside of it aswell? It would suck if you wanted to make a uber-modern neighborhood but the rabbit-holes are all traditional, or you want all the buildings to be one color, but a certain rabbit-hole doesn't have that option
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:24 AM
Rabbit hole buildings need to be customizable to a certain extent. At least let us customize the exterior to match the rest of the city or town.
#11 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 5:34 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant kind of frankie. Thanks ^~^
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 11:43 PM
i had the same idea about the buildings being like objects. looking at the screenshots, seeing buildings like the one from the science career, it would be totally awesome to make that but also rather difficult, i do hope we will be able to. if we cannot change the buildings the game will not get as popular as sims 1 and 2. and about a CAS like screen for buildings, i dont know, could be. if you look on thesims3.com you see the new Create A Sim, and also Create A Home. wich to me sounds like an editor for lots, instead of actually building on a lot. oh well.. just one more year before we find out :P
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 2:30 AM
Smoonsilver, Well looks like you are kind of right... there will be a new Create-A-Home according to the official site.
#14 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 2:32 AM
In the Creat a Home section, it says in the very first sentence "Design and build homes"
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 2:35 AM
Yes. This is great. So I am assuming that like CAS the Sims end up in the family bin. Well now we can have houses we create in the house bin. I wonder if the feature that was first introduced in Nightlife will be in TS3... the one where when you select a home from the bin and plop it onto the 'hood, you still get another copy of it in the bin until you manually delete it.
#16 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 3:09 AM
Probably. In some pics it seems like homes are copies of the home next to it exterior-wise
#17 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 3:56 AM
I don't think they'll take the option for making our own buildings out. I mean many sim players play to build, and decorate. Somethings that future interior designers can practice with, and a lot of people like creative buildings. Plus their profit would go down.

Valerie
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 4:01 AM
I wonder if we'll have the ability to create custom lot sizes... I don't think it's unreasonable. I'd love to be able to build a full-scale Titanic model on one lot. :D
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 6:35 AM
Yeah because now that cars drive off away from the lot and not disappear since it is a seamless 'hood, lots no longer have to be 2x2 or larger.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 5:03 PM
i think you should see the seamless neighborhood as being one big lot. kinda like simcity. okay you can design your houses in create a home, and place them somewhere. so lot sizes should theoretically be unlimited. would be cool. :D
#21 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think the game wold be terribly boring if we couldn't create and design our own buildings.

heh... i understand you... you make some of the coolest houses :D

or they could do a building editor(CAB-create a building) next to the CAS(like in the soon to appear maxis game, spore)... lol;
but it dosen't seem logic to make all buildings like premade or something; immagine how many fans would be dissapointed
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:46 PM
If we have to play with .xml files and such in this game to get desired affects for buildings it will get very boring very fast.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
or they could do a building editor(CAB-create a building) next to the CAS(like in the soon to appear maxis game, spore)... lol;
but it dosen't seem logic to make all buildings like premade or something; immagine how many fans would be dissapointed

I am sure that's what Create-A-Home will be. Have you read about that new feature in the official site?
#24 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 8:41 AM
Yknow, im kind of wondering about that. I would like to build my homes next to pre-existing ones so I can borrow the theme better and stuff.

Also, it brings the question of how would editation of existing buildings go about? I like to change room structure and stuff as a family ages. Like this one sim I made stayed in a flat with no walsl except for the bathroom on the second floor while on the bottom floor was a hang-out type usiness (pay per hour) thing. then when he got a family, I put up walls for individual bedrooms and stuff. kept thre bottom the same since it was working out great.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 4:55 PM
I'm sure there will be a way to make all building options possible, or at least most. I hope that if we now get to customize objects, we can customize roofs as well.
Page 1 of 2