Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 1:53 PM
Default How do you deal with Blood relations outside the vanilla mechanicsm?
I've been trying to give TS3 a chance after TS2 stopped working on my laptop and currently been playing Sunset Valley for 5 sim weeks and I've reached the 4th generation (3rd if you exclude the founders/CAS/premades) where blood relationships has started to become unrecognized by the vanilla mechanism.

I had a plague recently (due to overpopulation) debating how do deal with the 4th gen orphans when they grow up. For example. In the Langerak household, Dustin had several affairs while Parker left behind three grandsons. These grandchildren (Romeo, Marcus and Claude) do not have any relations on their mother side, so currently they live with one of Parkers half-brothers, Louis who has a daughter of same age, Lolita. I think the granddsons are 2nd second cousin with Lolita, because they are Louse's grand-nephews. I didnt want them to live with their mothers because they were children from affairs.

Family tree in spoilers:

I've always been on a fence of having in-laws, step-family and several generations in same households because of this "issues" (interbreeding with close relationships), because I control all of the inactive sims (but only checking on them once in a while) and let Nraas story progression do it's job. But I'm trying to do a sort of a challenge where I only allow marriages and kids with the Premade families - no npc/townie or foreign sims are allowed to populate the world.

Because I've never reached this far in the sims 3 (and on TS2 I mostly played medieval themed hoods where I allowed maternal cousins to marry), I'm wondering - How do YOU deal with blood relationships that are not recognized by the vanilla mechanism of the game?

First time submitted a gameplay thread on TS3,,,
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 3:27 PM
I currently have 40 generations in my sim family line and I keep quite tight rein because I always choose one of the kids (if there's more than one) as the heir and the rest i move out of the house as soon as possible. Then I use Nraas SP to make it so that those who I move out, can't never have kids of their own. With this I prevent any unplanned mixing of my simmies family line with the townies and also prevent any "unwanted" offspring it would lead to. In my game the townies are like bunnies, so there would definitely be many unrecognized blood relatives to deal with. I definitely don't want that to happen.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 4:14 PM
I prefer to spread my sims' bloodlines out among various NRaas Traveler mod connected worlds. In a mathematical sense, that doesn't really solve the problem because I suppose eventually the sims in all of these worlds might somehow be related to each other and my game might implode under the strain of carrying too many (dozens or hundreds?) of such worlds if I really have to keep adding more. But by increasing the working surface area, that would take so many generations that I would probably be far too old myself to be playing computer games, I mean like 150 or 200, before it happens.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 12:02 PM
Ive set up Nraas mods in a way that disable any non-resident sims to romantically interact with the resident sims and I use Master controller to play through ALL of the resident sims (but not full days, because playing 1day/1year and 36+ households, that could be overwhelming) - not just a single household, so sometimes I decide myself which mates they will get, but I don't like relationships to be too manually (like rotational gameplay) so sometimes SP pair up the residents in a weird way.... and being on gen 4, I feel when these 2nd cousins grow up to teenagers (like the ones mention in my main post Lolita and her three male cousins - which will happen in about two sim weeks), the SP will try to mate them up.

and with premades, I mean alls sims born by these sims. The reason I started a plague and killed the first generation is because i have a shortage of females (a part I decided to deal with it with sort of gameplay), because Nraas SP constantly mate them with my resident teenagers as I allow teen romance/pregnancy with adults. (For some reasons, you cant set Nraas woohoo to teen-YOUNG adults instead, because disable adults romance with teens seems to affect the young adults as well. It can of creepy when a 13 year old hook up with a 45+ year old on a daily basic, i dont mind a few weird relationships though ).

Also I do not play with different worlds (disable moving, which I manually move residents to new houses when needed), so all sims remain in same world.

I'm not sure if Nraas SP Caste will deal with specific sims, because I've yet not be able to figure out the entire mod yet. I manly set up the general and town settings
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 10th Dec 2020 at 11:57 PM. Reason: settings on False not on. lol
I've woohooer no automatic near relationship on False but I wasn't sure if that will affect 2nd cousins and forward (which is 4th gen+, still 2 weeks to go for them to become teens). For a few variety I allow near romance when its manually (as long its not with their parents or siblings, because from TS2, I know how wonky the family tree will looks like). In an old save, I accidently got a teen impregnanting his mother in-law autonomous so I learned very quickly about woohooer.

I'm more of generation type of player (so I play less attention to individual sims and more towards genetics/family tree), where I'm trying to get as far as I can with the premade without adding new sims on and keeping their family name on line. Some of them are currently on the verge of being extinct due to lack of male heirs (I play patriarch system) and lack of 2nd generation female. As I allow teen/adult relationships, I will have some of the 2nd/3rd generation male heirs get a much younger female mate.