Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:47 PM Last edited by MiStIqUe : 26th Feb 2005 at 10:27 PM.
Default Had to unstall game because of hack know can't install game because of
I downloaded a hack and i start my game and the game shutdown on me so
I remove the hack same thang happened and i always check each hack to make sure it doesnt mess up my game.

So i had to unstall the sims2 game
reinstall sims2 and about 56% of the game is being downloaded and a message comes up saying that theres a error in tsbin/res/sound /salsa.pagage do you still what to install i click yes same message comes. :smash:

I did system restore never mind

MiSTiqUe
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:08 PM
Next time, relocate everything in the download folder to see if the game will stop crashing.

Btw, what is your question?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:38 PM Last edited by MiStIqUe : 26th Feb 2005 at 9:49 PM.
I'm wondering if i need to buy a new sims2 game because its saying that something is wrong with my sound for salsa package its also saying that it having a problem with the media package i didnt' in any way mess with the sond folder or install any sounds when i reinstall the game and before i unstall the game i got rid of all the hacks. and when i do download hacks i download one at a time check out makae sure thangs are going right so i knew which hack was causing the problem and i got rid of that hack game still not acting right so i got rid of all hacks game still not acting right so i unstall the game reinstall sims 2 and i get that error about my sound.

i'm not happy about this at all cause i do wallpaper and upload to this site so know im im going to have to get a new sims2 cd
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 10:31 PM
Woah! slow down, I think your being a little hasty there.
Back up anything you want to keep, make sure your game has uninstalled properly and hasn't left any odd folders or anything, make sure your disks are clean.
When you've done all this try reinstalling, if your still having trouble it could be your CD drive, I had problems with Sims 1, I kept getting error messages, I found if I copied each cds contents to my hard drive and then installed from that it worked perfectly. I would search all the help sections here and TSR forums and N99 forums befor buying a new CD, seriously, you would probably be wasting your money.
And I can't imagine it being a hack that crashed your game if it continued to happen after you've removed it, sounds more like your neighbourhood got corrupted.