Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 9:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to fully uninstall the Scriptorium without reinstalling the game?
Hi all,

My question is within the title I'm talking about the Scriptorium as made by Numenor: http://modthesims.info/d/192613/the...diance-2-4.html

When browsing through the modular stairs here on MTS, I found someone saying that the Scriptorium had messed with some of his/her lights. S/he had to completely reinstall the game in order to get the lights working again. I don't exactly recall where I found this, but I recognised the problem. For instance, the ceiling lamp which came with the Teen Stuff Pack (sports style) doesn't light up the room anymore within my game. I hadn't connected this problem to the Scriptorium, as I discovered this somewhat later, but now I recall that it indeed asks questions about lighting when installing.

I uninstalled the Scriptorium using the uninstall-button which I could find within the back-up folder that the Scriptorium itself had made. From this folder, I also took the modular stairs text file and placed it back to its original place inside the Scripts folder. I thought it would be the blank file that I originally had before installing the Scriptorium, but when opening it in order to write my modular stairs codes directly into the file, I saw some extra lines referring to the Scriptorium at the end. I simply deleted those lines (and added the lines from my stairs, which all show up correctly), but the lights are still not working. I concluded from this that the Scriptorium had also altered some other files. When looking inside my 'clean' game back-up, I noticed that it had no lighting file inside the Scripts folder, so I tried removing that one. It did not break my game (yay), but it hasn't helped either.

I don't feel like fully installing the game, requiring me to go through the pain of making it fully work in Windows 10 again. Does anyone know which other files may have been altered by the Scriptorium? Or does anyone know another reason why this lamp (and probably some others) is broken? Thanks in advance!