Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 9:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Crashing in Build catalog
Ok so, I've taken out every recently downloaded custom content download I've made before my game started crashing with no luck. I knew this had to be a CC issue because I tested this in another neighborhood with the same result. Everytime I go into the build catalog and hit "doors and windows" it crashes immediately. I don't understand what the problem is, I always delete my cache before entering the game, I've deleted all the thumbnails, nothing else is open when I enter the game, and it still has this issue. Does anyone know what the issue could possibly be?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:43 AM
Could be an older set causing issues. You may have to do a 50/50.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegum princess girl
Ok so, I've taken out every recently downloaded custom content download I've made before my game started crashing with no luck. I knew this had to be a CC issue because I tested this in another neighborhood with the same result. Everytime I go into the build catalog and hit "doors and windows" it crashes immediately. I don't understand what the problem is, I always delete my cache before entering the game, I've deleted all the thumbnails, nothing else is open when I enter the game, and it still has this issue. Does anyone know what the issue could possibly be?

First thing I would do is take out all of your Doors and Windows {one hopes that you have your CC categorized this way} and then test, and then if it doesn't crash start doing a 50/50 on just the Doors and Windows. Or if you don't your CC all categorized then you should do a general 50/50.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 3:23 AM
If you have SimPE, also try the GUID Scanner. Conflicting GUIDs can cause instacrashing when opening certain sections in the catalog.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Could be an older set causing issues. You may have to do a 50/50.

I'm curious, I put a new default replacement road in my game, but no matter what it didn't show up. I had deleted the previous defaults first, so I decided it could be the new default not working and conflicting so I took it out of my game, and put the old replacements back, did nothing. Did I already do damage or something I shouldn't have done?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If you have SimPE, also try the GUID Scanner. Conflicting GUIDs can cause instacrashing when opening certain sections in the catalog.

I ran the GUID scanner, now what do I do?