Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 5:58 PM Last edited by The Literal Rose : 24th Jul 2020 at 8:58 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED: Glitchy issue with the Summerdream lot and land area.
I was redoing Veronaville earlier and came across an issue with the Summerdream lot and land area.

At first glance from the neighborhood, everything looks normal, but upon loading the lot, I can see a weird white color on the grass just outside the house towards the back. You can see it here in the pictures at the bottom of the page,

I then picked the lot up, moved it to another area in the neighborhood, and then put it back where it originally was and part of the lot fills with water. I bulldozed the house and put another house in the same exact spot and that weird white color shows up around the lot again.

Does anyone know what exactly is causing this? And can it be fixed?

Thanks!

EDIT 1: I found a post written by a user named Writin_Reg here where they detail their experience with the Summerdream lot. Quite strange.

EDIT 2: I created a tester neighborhood with Veronaville's terrain and tried altering it using the "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain on" cheat. After a couple of minutes of messing around, that weird white color appeared after I lowered terrain on the Monty side near the river. I feel like the river through this neighborhood is what's causing the problems, but I can't be too sure. I altered the terrain in the Pleasantview template and it was absolutely fine.

EDIT 3: I found this, this and this thread that talks about this issue. It appears that it's caused by low terrain elevation in comparison with how high water in the neighborhood is. If a lot's terrain is altered to be lower than the "water table," this glitch appears. It'll require some fiddling to correct or prevent it.

EDIT 4: If anyone is interested in having a non-glitchy Veronaville terrain, use marka93's The Beginning of Veronaville neighborhood here and replace the original Veronaville terrain with this one using Mootilda's HoodReplace here.