Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:12 PM
Default Whats going on?
EVERYOPNE KEEPS RUNNING EVERYWHERE! There seems to be nothing I can do, all my sims keep running everywhere, i tell them to go to the gym, or the park and they run all the way there!! whats going on?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:16 PM
There is car that'll sit outside of my house at random points. It just sits there, for no reason. Then it'll drive off.
o_O
Field Researcher
#78 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:17 PM
I had a female sim that I married off to Leighton Sekemoto. Twice I've caught Leighton "clapping" the lights off before hopping into bed. Clap on...clap off...

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Test Subject
#79 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM
Another thing, I dont know what's up with my sims game but its glitched when you try to change the body weight they get these weight split marks in their bodies, and it doesnt even show them gaining weight they look the same with invisible streaks in their neck >_<
Test Subject
#80 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wintermute
Mine's with genetics. Sims 3 genetics is definitely a few steps below that of Sims 2, I'm sorry to say, but I won't go into that.

My black-haired Self-Sim and her black-haired husband had a redheaded child. They are both first-gen Sims, with my self-Sim having been created in CAS. How on earth did their kid get RED hair? Even if Dad had a recessive red hair color gene (unlikely), this wouldn't be possible.

Ugh.

My both brunette self sim and boyfriend's self-sim have 2 sons with blonde hair....huh? they were the first two kids we had, the other 3 are all brunettes. weird.

OH and our two daughters, twins, didn't learn everything as toddlers, so i didn't get to pick their traits when they grew to kids. Well, one got the evil trait, and the other got the good one! I guess there really is such thing as an "evil twin" hahaha.
Test Subject
#81 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ivywinter
My both brunette self sim and boyfriend's self-sim have 2 sons with blonde hair....huh? they were the first two kids we had, the other 3 are all brunettes. weird.

That's not really all that odd lmao. Both of my parents irl have brown hair and I was born with blonde hair. If both parents have the recessive blonde, then its possible to create blonde sons. they would both have to be heterozygous though.
Test Subject
#82 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:35 PM
It still seemed odd being both the sims started in CAS... i thought then they didn't have any recessive genes? or is it something automatically assigned?
Field Researcher
#83 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:48 PM
I got a magical gnome and put him in my house on a table. The next day he was outside staring at my garden. From that point on he would be found in different positions here and there, in and out of the house. I decided to have my sim kick him over just to see what would happen and got some very interesting results. I video'd it to keep track of what happened. The result was that each time she kicked it over and then stood it back up, when she stood it back up it would be standing/sitting/laying in a different pose! I was so tickled by this I kept kicking the poor gnome over and over again just to see how many different poses it would go through, and at that time it went through about 7 or 8 different poses.

Because of that I assumed there were only 7 or 8 poses total, but I found out that was not true! Because once I left him alone, he came up with even more poses that I had not seen when she was kicking him! I'm not sure how many total he does, but for sure, the gnomes are some of the most interesting objects in the game so far!!

I also discovered that while swimming a sim can now have a "hold breath" contest! This was so cute! You click on another sim and it gives you a choice to splash them or have a breath-holding contest. Then when you do the contest, both sims dive down under the water and sit at the bottom of the pool holding their noses, until one of them gives up and swims to the surface, puffing for air. Then the winner pops up and cheers for being the winner. I thought this was a really cute action! Also, the swimmers will sometimes suddenly look around as if scared of the water or trying to find another sim. In fact, while my sim was still under water one time, some random sim got a panicky look on their face and searched around, while a thought bubble formed over their head of a sim underwater - with my sim's name under it - as if they were wondering why I hadn't come up yet.

There is so much new stuff to this version of the game, I cannot wait to play each day just to see what else can happen!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:25 PM
The magical gnome standing at the bottom of my couple's double bed, pointing at it...it's funny because I only saw him there a while after they tried for a baby about 7 times... :D
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:04 PM
Nothing really funny so far...

But. I have a sim, Valerie. When she was a teenager she was talking with her dad and got the option: ask her dad to get a divorce from her mum. I think it's just simply stupid. She didn't have any problem with her mum. Why she would ask such a thing?
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:34 PM Last edited by zanev : 8th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM. Reason: more info
My house caught on fire without any alarms and the whole neighborhood gathered and for 12 sim hours my house burned and no one called the fire department.

Also funny that when there is a fire my sim will cancel all actions to LEAVE the area and just runs within 1 foot of a massive fire.
Test Subject
#87 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mnory
Nothing really funny so far...

But. I have a sim, Valerie. When she was a teenager she was talking with her dad and got the option: ask her dad to get a divorce from her mum. I think it's just simply stupid. She didn't have any problem with her mum. Why she would ask such a thing?

Teenagers can be like that sometimes. :p
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by allisonesque
Teenagers can be like that sometimes. :p

Anyway I didn't dare to try that option. I think daddy would have siply told her he not gonna divorce the mum. But who knows? The game sometimes can be stupid so better not take the risk.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mnory
Anyway I didn't dare to try that option. I think daddy would have siply told her he not gonna divorce the mum. But who knows? The game sometimes can be stupid so better not take the risk.

I disagree, it probably would of lead to an immediate action of a break up.
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:11 PM
So, I was playing my main household and I switched to two households to change their clothes and came straight back to my main household. Earlier that day, I had my sim Jessica get a job in the Journalism career as a Paper Girl but when I came back, she was an Annonymous Tip Handler with over $3,000 added to her family funds. How did she get several promotions and money while sleeping? In one of the households, one of the sims worked in the Journalism career too, so maybe she's her boss?
Mad Poster
#91 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YesPlease
I had a female sim that I married off to Leighton Sekemoto. Twice I've caught Leighton "clapping" the lights off before hopping into bed. Clap on...clap off...

Oh, I saw a sim doing that to turn on the lights too. It was cute!
Anyway, my sim got a quest to befriend som guy named Kofi and when she arrived at his house, in his bedroom you can find no more no less than 6 mirrors. Wonder what he does with all of them.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayami-chan
Another thing, I dont know what's up with my sims game but its glitched when you try to change the body weight they get these weight split marks in their bodies, and it doesnt even show them gaining weight they look the same with invisible streaks in their neck >_<

You need to update your video driver,if you need help on it you can PM me if you'd like.

Quote:
the swimmers will sometimes suddenly look around as if scared of the water

I never understood that,it happens to every sim. I don't get it. :/
Test Subject
#93 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM
cool tidbit: You can change the walls and floors of the swimming pool

Anyway, another weird thing I got the other night. The wife (at home in the garden), very pregnant, and with the car assigned to her, bicycles to the hospital...lol Hubby joins her finally, but it took him forever since he apparently walked, even though he had a bike in his backpack, and they have a teleporter! I can't get the car to be shared

She was in the science career, and one of her coworkers blew up the lab, so she came home "singed" and ran straight for the tub. One dunk underwater and she was back to normal, but it was really funny to see.
Test Subject
#94 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:16 PM
Well first I thought this guy was showing his book to the woman in front of him, and I was all "awww". Then I tilted the camera a bit and I was all "ah." Personal space, anyone ? XD
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:50 AM
I had two toddlers. It was one's birthday and after he grew up my other toddler just disappeared. The toddler was still part of my family as seen when checking the family tree, but his icon was gone and he was gone. So finally I just decided to move out one of the sims and added the toddler to move out with him. Luckily when I did this the toddler reappeared. I would like to know where the toddler initally disapeared to in the first place
Inventor
#96 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:55 AM
Today, for the first time I witnessed a toddler disappear at the Central Park. The father brought him there and first started teaching the kid to walk then fed him and left the child there while it was drinking from it's bottle. A few seconds after, the toddler just vanished into thin air right before my eyes. I don't know what happened to it and if it just went home without the father coming to pick it up.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:26 AM
Default Cool
I wanted to have my Sim Play Guitar for Tipps at night, so i figured - why not the Graveyard?
Yes, the Ghosts do Tipp...i thought that was cool, ยง from the Dead.
Grateful Deadheads?

And when a Sim breaks up...the X-Boyfriend/Girlfriend Symbol..with an empty Heart, nice touch.

Ravaging through the Nieghbors Garbage was also a neat surprise, lots of stuff in the Garbage.
Test Subject
#98 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:33 AM
The first day I got the Sims I made a family.. A father his wife his two kids and his brother. So I just moved them In and Made a nother family of 2 girls. So 1 of my girls went out and found the wife I had made before crying about her husband. So I went back the wifes family and the father had died! I think he drowned, because I rememberd seeing him in a pool at one point. I only left that family alone for about 3 sim days, and one of them dies =P
Inventor
#99 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:45 AM
Which is why I'm only going to create new games for each sim I make instead of putting them in the same game as other sims I've created. I want to be able to go back to my other sims and play them as I left them.
Test Subject
#100 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seraphime
I dont know nothing really funny, unless my ears are deceiving me, I would swear that after romantic interactions Sims say "giggity"..which yeah thats pretty damn funny or its just me hearing things either way I got a good giggle from it

they do say giggity ive heard it too!
Page 4 of 16