Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 on Windows 10 hangs on neighborhood loading and never loads the neighborhood
So I've been having this issue with two computers now, my old one that had 8 gigs of RAM and my new one that I copied the files over to that has 12 gigs of RAM. Because of that I get the feeling that it's not a memory issue and it's something in the files. I've deleted chaches, installed the 4 gig memory patch, I've done everything that I can find online really, plus taking out different folders. Sometimes I can get it to work, but that's a rare occasion and I have no idea what I did to make it work. I just need tome outside help here because I'm at a loss for what's happening that it's hanging so bad that it never loads
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eclecticsims
So I've been having this issue with two computers now, my old one that had 8 gigs of RAM and my new one that I copied the files over to that has 12 gigs of RAM. Because of that I get the feeling that it's not a memory issue and it's something in the files. I've deleted chaches, installed the 4 gig memory patch, I've done everything that I can find online really, plus taking out different folders. Sometimes I can get it to work, but that's a rare occasion and I have no idea what I did to make it work. I just need tome outside help here because I'm at a loss for what's happening that it's hanging so bad that it never loads

First remove your downloads folder and start up the game and make a new hood and see if its running as it should.
Then make a new Downloads folder and only put about 1/4 of your downloads in at a time with starting up your game after each 1/4 of mods and see if it starts up only opening up that new hood.
(((Do not open any hoods you brought over because they need all your mods not just 1/4 of them and it can break those hoods.)))

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Eclecticsims : 8th Oct 2018 at 6:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
First remove your downloads folder and start up the game and make a new hood and see if its running as it should.
Then make a new Downloads folder and only put about 1/4 of your downloads in at a time with starting up your game after each 1/4 of mods and see if it starts up only opening up that new hood.
(((Do not open any hoods you brought over because they need all your mods not just 1/4 of them and it can break those hoods.)))

So I've been trying to load a new neighborhood, but after 15-20 minutes it seems to be having the same problem. The game just stops responding on the "Creating Magic" screen. It doesn't seem to be any of my CC that's causing this since I moved my downloads folder to my desktop

Update: I disabled Origin In-Game and it seemed to stop crashing? Here's hoping that fix works
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:10 PM
If it's always hanging on "Creating Magic," then perhaps something's wrong with your AL stealth neighborhood template. You could try temporarily removing it and then trying to load a neighborhood without it. If it works, then you'll know where the problem is. The folder to put someplace else (or just rename, if you prefer) is C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\E002 The path might be a little different if you're running the UC, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.