Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 9:52 AM Last edited by Airelda : 29th Dec 2019 at 10:03 AM.
Default Can't make Clean Hoods work on Windows 10
Hi All,
I am back to Sims 2 after a long break. I have followed several clean hood tutorials carefully but when I load up my game, it is still full of ugly Maxis sims HELP!

I am using Windows 10. Any idea what might be the problem?

What are the latest/cleanest hoods recommended for download?

Are there any clean hood instructions that work for Sims 10?

Ive looked into the Virtual Store problem I found previously but it doesn't seem to be causing my problem this time
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 10:45 AM
Installing empty hoods won't remove Maxis sims from your exiting neighborhoods (this would be a very bad thing), it only affects any new neighborhoods. Is that what you're trying to do?

(Clean hoods usually means Maxis hoods without all the bugs they come with, but I'm guessing you want empty ones instead.)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 10:56 AM
I think there might be a confusion of terms here: clean hoods =/= empty hoods.

Since you specificially mention the hoods being "full of ugly Maxis sims" I think what you're going for are actually empty hoods (where no Sims at all are added to a hood by creation). You won't archieve that outcome by following tutorials for a clean hood because 'clean hood' is the term used to describe a hood that is free of corruption. It says nothing about whether there are Sims in the hood or not. Try looking up empty hood tutorials instead.

That being said you'd need to tell us what you actually did for us to provide better help - at least post a link to the tutorials you've followed or something? Without knowing exactly what you did we can't tell what you might have done wrong.