Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 10:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Don't have the .exe in order for 4GB Memory Fix?
I'm trying to do the 4GB Memory Fix but I've run into issues with not having the folders/files/exe needed to do it, or I'm just not following it properly, but either way I need some help. I'm running on disks and I have each pack.

When I go into my Program Files and into the EA folder here's what is there:
[IMG][/IMG]

My game requires Fun with Pets as the disk it runs on and that’s what shows on my title screen. So that's usually my go-to folder (unless it shouldn't be?) and here's what's in the folder:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

So I applied the 4GB patch onto the Sims2EP9 in the TSBin but it didn't work, and I don't have another one in the CSBin folder as you can see to move it into the TSBin. I'm just really confused with this whole thing and could use some help!

And in the case I need to be using a different pack folder altogether, the Apartment Life folder only has the CSBin - Support - TSBin - TSData inside it but I have the same issue with not having the .exe inside the CSBin folder, there's only the bodyshop inside it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 10:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Feb 2020 at 10:59 PM.
It's the "Sims2EP9" Application file in the TSBin (in your picture). Application type is usually what an EXE file is called under "type", but you don't have file extensions visible, so you don't see the EXE at the end.

Copy the file to your desktop, apply the 4GB fix there, and move the file back in. Run your game and check that the memory setting in the config log is now at 4096MB.

Windows 10 doesn't like you messing about in the Program Files (is afraid of malware tinkering and doesn't always allow file tinkering, but also doesn't warn you that it doesn't allow tinkering when you do direct edits, because Win10 is weird ), but if you replace a file manually and answer yes to the question box (something akin to "are you really, really, really, really sure you want to replace this file in this very important location?"), it usually works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 11:35 PM
Thank you for the reply! I did what you suggested but it still says it's only 2048MB
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 11:54 PM
Delete the config log and let it regenerate, just in case. One time, mine hadn't been updated since my first boot of the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 11:58 PM
That didn't seem to change it, but thank you for the suggestion!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 12:04 AM
Did you run the game after applying the fix? The Config Log won't change before the game accesses it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 12:49 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 3:00 AM
Yes, I restarted the game twice and the config log had no change. I also checked if it was running on compatibility mode and I don't believe it is.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 4:56 PM
Also try turning off administrator mode if that one is on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 12:05 AM
It's not running in administrator mode either
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 12:21 AM
If you're running from the FWP install CD, make sure the shortcut goes directly to the "Sims2EP9" file. If it is going the route around the TS2 launcher or some such, it could be doing some weird things in the background and not recognizing the patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 8:23 PM
Sorry for the late reply! That didn't do the trick either, but it hasn't crashed or anything yet. I think I'll just keep testing it out and keep an eye on it to see how to behaves for a while. If I have problems later on I'll start over with all the helpful advice. Thank you so much for helping me out!