Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 4:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Objects .Package damaged
I believe I have damaged the Object .Package file of FreeTime using the SimPe. I can't load the game anymore. But more worse is when I try to install FreeTime again a massage showing "This app has been blocked for your protection"-contact your
administrator. What should I do now. I might not play the game again! Please help, thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 4:12 AM
What you want to do is open the files on the disk and try and replace the Object.package in game with one off the disk.

It sounds like you already uninstalled FT though. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What you want to do is open the files on the disk and try and replace the Object.package in game with one off the disk.

It sounds like you already uninstalled FT though. :/

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll try a bit later.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michaelchan21
I believe I have damaged the Object .Package file of FreeTime using the SimPe. I can't load the game anymore. But more worse is when I try to install FreeTime again a massage showing "This app has been blocked for your protection"-contact your
administrator. What should I do now. I might not play the game again! Please help, thanks!

Your profile says you have Apartment Life, if so you've managed to damage one of the few core game files that doesn't matter. The game only uses the objects.package from your highest EP/SP. If you are going to open core game files in SimPE ideally copy the file to your documents and open the copy to keep the original safe, but you should set the objects.package to read only anyway so neither SimPE nor the game can mess it up.
Before actually placing the file from the disk delete the messed up one or Wiindows File Protection will prevent it from being overwritten, it will appear to overwrite but the new file is sent to your \Local\VirtualStore\folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Your profile says you have Apartment Life, if so you've managed to damage one of the few core game files that doesn't matter. The game only uses the objects.package from your highest EP/SP. If you are going to open core game files in SimPE ideally copy the file to your documents and open the copy to keep the original safe, but you should set the objects.package to read only anyway so neither SimPE nor the game can mess it up.
Before actually placing the file from the disk delete the messed up one or Wiindows File Protection will prevent it from being overwritten, it will appear to overwrite but the new file is sent to your \Local\VirtualStore\folder.

Thanks so much for your instruction. For reasons I reinstalled the game last year and had University, NightLife, IKEA Home Stuff, Kitchen & Bath, Seasons and FreeTime only . As I got no way to reinstall FreeTime, I uninstalled the whole game and started playing the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection but which keeps crashing all the time. How frustrating! I really think that I may not play the Sims 2 again - my most favourable sims game amount all.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 11:14 PM
So are you on Free Time or the UC? You can only have one type installed at a time. If you have both on together this will be why you are having issues. If you are on the UC make sure all other files from the disk install are gone. Then go into Origin right click your game and repair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by michaelchan21
and started playing the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection but which keeps crashing all the time.

Are you using Windows 10, and if so, have you done all the usual fixes? (4GB, GraphicRules, etc.)?

If you're using the UC (and are sure everything from the regular CD install is cleared out), you may want to try to update the game via Origin (backup your saved game in Documents and/or just downloads, and any changed files in the Install location like for instance graphicRules first, so nothing is lost - Origin may cause a complete reset if you're really unlucky). Apparently, the installed game is not the same as the updated game, so make sure it's installed first, if it is then fix it, and if there's a separate option to update, try this too. It could work for Win10 issues. Not promising anything, though...

If the Origin fix doesn't help, you may have to do the usual fixes, because Win10's memory handling is about as workable as a month-old piece of moldy bread, especially combined with a graphic card newer than 2012 or thereabout...

Also, if you have an antivirus program, check to see if anything TS2 related has been quarantined. Some AV programs hate old games, and will throw false positives like nobody's business (you can AV-protect the TS2 install files by setting them to read-only).

Whatever you do in SimPE, ALWAYS work with a copy of the install files (or only extract files) and NEVER do direct edits. If you want to make a default replacement of something, extract the needed resources and make a file to put in the Downloads folder. Direct edits can cause a lot of issues, especially if you do them wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 2:16 AM
I sincerely thank all of you who tried so hard to help me solve my problem. In fact I did all the things you mentioned. But it's all over now. When problems come we always think of a hard way to solve them and I made this mistake this time. A very simple way to solve my problem is to restore my windows to an earlier date. That's all. So sorry to trouble you all and a million thanks again from the bottom of my heart!!!