Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 8:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Does anyone know how to achieve the smoothness of Voeille's Desert Fix but with lush terrain?
I'm in love with this replacement. It's the Maxis texture but smoother (still high quality) with no ugly repetitive lines. I've been looking for a greener, more smooth lush terrain replacement but I haven't found one yet, so I thought I'd make my own.

Voeille said, "My replacement looks smoother and doesn’t have stripes, and I made it 1024x1024 instead of 512x512 so it looks better on the boundary between the playable lot and the rest of the hood. Texture is Maxis, I just edited it."

With this tidbit of information, I've been messing around trying to imitate what they did and I just can't get it to look good. The repetitive lines remain no matter what I do.

For those with more photo editing experience, do you have any tips?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 5:17 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 10th Jul 2020 at 9:05 PM. Reason: Add info
I wouldn't use Eaxis grass textures, as they are low res and obviously aren't seamless, instead I'd look for a seamless grass texture with free non commercial license or a suitable Creative commons license, take an eye on this Deviantart user https://www.deviantart.com/hhh316 he has lots of seamless textures and a friendly policy. also Pixar has released a free non commercial license of its huge textures library, it has thousands of seamless diffuse textures, also are included the bumpmaps and normal maps for every diffuse texture in the package, the deal with Pixar is all or nothing, have to grab the whole library, look here: https://renderman.pixar.com/pixar-one-twenty-eight and of course work it at 1024x1024 not less.

P.S.: Pixar's texture libraries are now under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0), that license allows commercial use of them.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page