Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#101 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:23 PM
of course!!!! I tested in a clean game - but, you should always remove hacks etc before installing new EPs - golden rule

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
you should always remove hacks etc before installing new EPs - golden rule

Good to know! I removed it and now the game is working perfectly :-)

Thanks for your help!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 10:42 PM
Hey,

thanks for the tutorial. ^^ I was wondering though, does anyone know how exactly can I recolor the Unique Separator so that my texture actually looks good on it.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#104 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 10:49 PM
Hi matt
There are some great recolours by fizzbin already -alternatively, you could try the milk bottle door changer (shameless plug of own upload) so you can use your texture on the just a door for the texture. This is an easy door to recolour.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 10:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, I was just wondering how the texture worked for that door because I want to make the door look like the 4 Score (green recolor) but I still want the things that appear ON the door to appear. And the milk bottle changer doesn't really interest me besides I don't have space next to my doors.

Thanks again, I'll post what I find in case someone else is wondering the same.

Matt
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#106 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 11:38 PM
Hi Matt

no problem - milk bottles are not to everyones taste if you want to work on the existing apartment door and also have the details then the apartment door has 3 meshes - the door, door frame and details. If you select just the door panels and frame to recolor then you will get the picture you want; but the door shadows etc and the original material of the doors may affect your final recolour.

Lab Assistant
#107 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 1:54 AM
I realized the door's texture works symetrically on a vertical axis and then the extra bit is for the frame. When I tried recoloring the "frame" it didn't change anything for me, so I left that out.

Anyways, thanks again.

Now I'm off to recoloring stairs. >_< LOL

Matt
Test Subject
#108 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 7:41 AM
I followed a guide on how to make an apartment and when i put in
changeLotZoning apartmentBase, i get the error message saying "Error in cheat, Bad lot type." i double checked everything and i still got the message. Then i tried one of the pre made apartment lots and changed it to residential, then changed it back with out changing anything in the lot and i got the same Bad lot type error message. Am i doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#109 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 1:47 AM
Sadly, I need help. This Caravan Park I am making...with 3 caravans is not working out. I want each of the caravans (or apartments) to have a little fenced of yard out the front of their caravan. Since the apartments are on decking and I want the yard to be on the ground I used the invisible fence maneuver I found here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ng_an_Apartment

Nothing is wrong with the invisible fence, since I followed the instructions carefully and I had previously used it on My townhouses backyards, which worked very sucessfully.

I have spent HOURS trying to figure this problem out, but I have not suceeded. So I thought that maybe a different person's view might help. I took the following screenshots to give people a visual perspective:

Showing location of Invisible Fence and Where I want the Front Yard to be -
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshotcopy.jpg

Side Views, showing external door position.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/...rk/Snapshot.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/...Screenshot3.jpg

I've tried to start the apartment from scratch on a different lot, making the basic layout and it still would not work. However, I know the problem lies within the fence/external door because I tried without fencing/door and it worked fine.

So anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Site Helper
#110 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 31st Dec 2008 at 6:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ng_an_Apartment
Basic instructions are there. If you have further questions, tips, info, or anything related to building an apartment, please post here. The tutorial will be updated based on information posted here.
HystericalParoxysm, I notice that the tutorial says:

"NOTE: Do NOT use a beach lot. Beach lots become hopelessly corrupted when changed to apartments. There is no known fix for this."

Could you please update this tutorial to point to my tutorial for fixing the beach apartment / basement apartment / unlevel terrain issue:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Vash1224
I followed a guide on how to make an apartment and when i put in changeLotZoning apartmentBase, i get the error message saying "Error in cheat, Bad lot type."(
Try apartmentbase (no capital letters). I believe that the parameters are case-sensitive.

Quote: Originally posted by imprint
Sadly, I need help. This Caravan Park I am making...with 3 caravans is not working out. I want each of the caravans (or apartments) to have a little fenced of yard out the front of their caravan.
I wonder whether the game is having problems because it doesn't see the yard as fully-enclosed? Try adding a fence along the bottom of the caravan, so that the yard is obviously fully enclosed.
Test Subject
#111 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 6:14 AM
I built a duplex. It is one building split in half on a foundation.

I entered the zoning code, everything went fine. I then exited to the neighborhood and it doesnt recognise the 2 apartments and there is no prices. I tried to move in a family and said that there was no valid apartments to move into.

I have changed the zoning back to residential and then apartment again, i even deleted the doors and replaced them. Nothing worked.

I am new to the whole building apartment thing and this is my first try.

Can someone please help??
Test Subject
#112 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 10:15 AM
Default Stupid AL
I'm building 4 townhouses all built around a swimming pool right, but I want the swimming pool to be able to be used by like, everyone. I first got around that by putting a thin border around the pool (I used Alias's white border - seemingly sims can walk through it c'est parfait) and cheating a pool ladder on top of the border. So my sims can all go swimming - but I soon discovered that it was... kinda ugly.

So now I enclosed off the pool to my sims and they can only go swimming by going through 2 side entrances that are .. public.

All balconies are closed off - all doors lead to where they're supposed to lead - but why oh why do I still get that freaking invalid error message?

Surprisingly when I go back out to the neighbourhood I have 3 apartments ready to be moved into but the smallest and the last one won't work!

I've worked really hard on this house and I'm irritated by the constant error messages - AL is shite!

What's wrong with my house?

Can I send it to anyone who's willing to take a look??
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 3:32 PM
I'm having problems with apartments. I built two seperate houses on a residential lot, to be turned into apartments. One of the houses works fine. The other, which is built on a foundation and has a basement, does not, and produces the "invalid apartment" error when rezoned.

Originally I had a "yard" outside the basement (fenced off) but I deleted it, adding walls around all the yard, in case that was the problem. However, the error still appears. There are a couple of balconies in the house but they are fully fenced off. I have used the Elevator instead of stairs - could that be a problem?
Test Subject
#114 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 1:26 PM
Default Elevators
Quote: Originally posted by Jenesis
I'm having problems with apartments. I built two seperate houses on a residential lot, to be turned into apartments. One of the houses works fine. The other, which is built on a foundation and has a basement, does not, and produces the "invalid apartment" error when rezoned.

Originally I had a "yard" outside the basement (fenced off) but I deleted it, adding walls around all the yard, in case that was the problem. However, the error still appears. There are a couple of balconies in the house but they are fully fenced off. I have used the Elevator instead of stairs - could that be a problem?

I also tried to give my sims "private elevators" but it doesn't work. You need to build the apartment door after the elevators - if that makes any sense. i.e.: your sims take the elevator up to their respective floors and enter their apartment through the apartment door.

honestly through I don't find elevators particularly fast, so if you were considering the 'speed' aspect, there are lots of stairs on mts2 like spiralstairsbackwards by xxhalfbloodprincexx - that zips your sims up and down in a blink of an eye.

Or if you insist on having private elevators, the only solution I can offer you is to make the elevator's exit to only lead to your sims' door.

Or just wait for someone to release a hack - this is after all, MTS2. there's a hack for everything.

hope this helps. :-)
Test Subject
#115 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 1:29 PM
Default I found it.
Quote: Originally posted by pj_m83
I'm building 4 townhouses all built around a swimming pool right, but I want the swimming pool to be able to be used by like, everyone. I first got around that by putting a thin border around the pool (I used Alias's white border - seemingly sims can walk through it c'est parfait) and cheating a pool ladder on top of the border. So my sims can all go swimming - but I soon discovered that it was... kinda ugly.

So now I enclosed off the pool to my sims and they can only go swimming by going through 2 side entrances that are .. public.

All balconies are closed off - all doors lead to where they're supposed to lead - but why oh why do I still get that freaking invalid error message?

Surprisingly when I go back out to the neighbourhood I have 3 apartments ready to be moved into but the smallest and the last one won't work!

I've worked really hard on this house and I'm irritated by the constant error messages - AL is shite!

What's wrong with my house?

Can I send it to anyone who's willing to take a look??

chillax people I discovered the reason why. I was using numenor's transparent windows right and they look exactly like blank spaces. Only thing was it really was a blank space ( I deleted the walls by accident. my bad.)

so yea, its all cool. thankies.
Test Subject
#116 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 1:42 AM
trying to make an apartment... no error code, just doesn't work?
I built a two story apartment complex with 4 apartments i typed in the change zoning thing no error code but when i leave and come back its the same, i used the correct door. no foundation could that be it? i also used an elevator instead of stairs... included a pool... is there anything that might make it not work that i might have included? or something i need to include? or do i need to start over...

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#117 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:55 AM
Does it meet the requirements listed in the first post?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 7:59 PM
I'm trying to convert the Bella Belle Townhomes (which I swear I downloaded on MTS2...but for the life of me I cannot find a link), and it keeps giving me the "Invalid Apartment" error.

All three houses are free standing (not touching) have separate entries to the outside (1 per house), and don't have any kind of fenced yard.

All three have 3 floors plus a basement. Could it be the basement that is somehow messing things up? Or maybe the front doors (they each lead out to a little deck and then stairs, but nothing is fenced, and it is OUTSIDE of the actual apartment door -- meaning the game should see it as a common area anyway)?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#119 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 31st Jan 2009 at 5:07 AM.
I doubt it's the basement, as I have converted PB's pseudo-apartments without a hitch (be aware that if you move sims into the lot it can destroy your terrain..use Mootilda's tutorial to fix). So, in other words, after you fix this and move sims onto the lot, you will have to 'fix' the lot so it doesn't bork your terrain.

Try fencing the deck. Also, there doesn't happen to be any of those pet's build mode room dividers on the lot? Those can bork it too.

ETA: Link to tutorial for borked beach lots, basement lots and uneven terrain:
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
I doubt it's the basement, as I have converted PB's pseudo-apartments without a hitch (be aware that if you move sims into the lot it can destroy your terrain..use Mootilda's tutorial to fix). So, in other words, after you fix this and move sims onto the lot, you will have to 'fix' the lot so it doesn't bork your terrain.

Try fencing the deck. Also, there doesn't happen to be any of those pet's build mode room dividers on the lot? Those can bork it too.

ETA: Link to tutorial for borked beach lots, basement lots and uneven terrain:
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

I feel really dumb, but after actually reading through this entire topic I figured it out. I was using modular stairs, and apparently the game doesn't like those for apartment basements. I switched em over, and it worked just fine
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 12:17 AM
I've read through this thread and I have a few questions;

1) Can I have on street parking?

2) What a modular stairs?

3) Elevators are fine as long as they open onto a foyer leading to an apartment door?

4) Individual apartments can't have individual basements but a communal one accessible to all is okay?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#122 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:55 PM
1) Not sure. I believe the car has to be in a garage attached to the specific apartment. I could be wrong about this.
2) Modular stairs allow two sims on the stairs at one time. One going up and one going down. Search for them in downloads. Numenor has the most used type.
3)Yes. Elevators work find as long as they open into a common area like a foyer.
4) No. Any unlevelness on the lot brings problems. The problems can be corrected, but easier avoided in the first place.

Test Subject
#123 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 3:09 AM
Ok, I made my apartment, but I got an error message when I converted, and when I took out the magic bookcase that can take you through the wall, it worked. So then I thought, "ok, I'll just use that cheat and I'll be able to buy it and put it in then." So I moved in people, and used the cheat, but it didn't show up in the catalog, like some objects don't in the build catalog. Any ideas on how I can get it to work?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#124 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 1:43 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 19th Feb 2009 at 1:51 AM.
Yes, we are aware that it is missing when using the cheats on apartment lots. And so is the walk-in closet. It was coded that way on purpose. *sigh* A fix may be out shortly. In the meantime, go to the AL collections folder, you will find both items in there.

Rest easy, your game is not broken. I thought mine was too when I first encountered this. heh

Test Subject
#125 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 6:22 PM
Hey...yeah..so almost there with the apartments. The cheat was successful but when I go to move my sims into the apartments it says there are 0 apartments and prices are from $0-$0..and I am not sure what I am doing wrong
Page 5 of 11