Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Interaction Move In to all sim ages

by pinhead Posted 13th Nov 2004 at 2:19 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:56 PM by Christy1077

196 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 193 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Instructor
Original Poster
#101 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 2:57 AM
I know that this mod have been tested more that 1 month, but i think that will always be a Beta Tester.

lol
Thanks for all your help!
#102 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:37 PM
Ive only had the game for 1 month, and havent added any hacks in my download folder yet, but I wanted this one.

I must say it worked, i got a teen to move in.

Only thing I notice, (sorry if im wrong cause only been playing 1 month), that I noticed unvited townies just invite themselves in. And difficult to ask to leave..

Stilll if it is I can put up with that, cause the all-age move in is the best!
Test Subject
#103 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 12:15 AM
problem with Pinhead's moveinall
Hi... I used Pinhead's moveinall hack to move a teen into his girlfriend's family. The move went all right, but when I saved and later went back into the game, it locked up when I tried to enter the property.

The game icons (of the people in the families) are showing the teen as a member of both households. I used SimPE to check, and it does show the teen as out of one house and into the other, even though the game doesn't seem to recognize that. I tried to move the teen back into his original family using SimPe, but again the game still shows him as a member of both houses, and so I still get the lockup.

In addition, when I click on the houses, I am seeing the family members in their family portrait format (what you see when the family is standing together on the blue square), not the individual head and shoulders icons. This is true for all households, not just the ones involved in moving the teen. This has never happened to me before.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?
Test Subject
#104 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 8:38 PM
tester update: Used mod for quite a while now and no issues. Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
#105 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 11:54 PM
WOOT! I really need this... thanks so much!
Forum Resident
#106 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kzlyh1947
tester update: Used mod for quite a while now and no issues. Thanks a bunch!

Same here! I am your devoted slave!
Instructor
Original Poster
#107 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lhwiebe
Hi... I used Pinhead's moveinall hack to move a teen into his girlfriend's family. The move went all right, but when I saved and later went back into the game, it locked up when I tried to enter the property.

The game icons (of the people in the families) are showing the teen as a member of both households. I used SimPE to check, and it does show the teen as out of one house and into the other, even though the game doesn't seem to recognize that. I tried to move the teen back into his original family using SimPe, but again the game still shows him as a member of both houses, and so I still get the lockup.

In addition, when I click on the houses, I am seeing the family members in their family portrait format (what you see when the family is standing together on the blue square), not the individual head and shoulders icons. This is true for all households, not just the ones involved in moving the teen. This has never happened to me before.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

This is very strange! never happened to me anything related.

But you know that when you move out someone of the house he still show up in the old house. You just need to enter in the old house and see that he is not there anymore. Just save again and he don't show up in the Image anymore.

I never tried move sims with SImPE. So i never had problems with my game.
I hope that you made a backup to don't mess up your game. And i really like to help you, but i'm affraid that i can't..
And i don't have sure if was caused by my mod or other thing.
Test Subject
#108 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 9:28 PM
[QUOTE=pinhead]
But you know that when you move out someone of the house he still show up in the old house. You just need to enter in the old house and see that he is not there anymore. Just save again and he don't show up in the Image anymore.

Hi, Pinhead. I can't get into either house, because the game locks up when I try. I can't even get into any of the houses that were there at the beginning of the game (like the Pleasant house, etc.) It is very strange. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Lauren
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 12:30 PM
Default moving out
hi,

i had a problem after installing your hack. moving teens in was no problem but the moving them out was. i wanted an adult sister and her teen brother to move out. i let the adult sister use the paper and then i selected the teen to move out with her, but the car didn't wait for the teen to get in. it drove off after she got in and then she reappeared on the lot. so they were both still there and i couldn't exit or save the game. i had to use control+alt+delete.

eventually i had him wait next to the mail box when the taxi came so he got in before his sis and then it worked fine. i didn't think about the hack until afterwards so i'm not entirely sure if this happened because of your hack.
Instructor
Original Poster
#110 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 1:25 AM
humm.
i will try that next time that i play.
so far i don't remember had problems to move out other family members. But i will go check. thanks!
Test Subject
#111 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 4:13 PM
Thank you very much for this hack it will come in handy, one of my Sim teens fell in love with a townie he grew but she didn't. Your work is amazing. Thank you
Jewls
Test Subject
#112 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 4:24 PM
I will test this out for sure I've been wanting something like this to come along and now it has THANK YOU! :bows down to pinhead: this is great

-Andrea
Theorist
#113 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 12:37 AM Last edited by Misty_2004 : 26th Jan 2005 at 12:46 AM.
Normally I figure if one of my sim teens falls for a townie teen, oh well, your loss. I mean how many of us actually marry the person we were in love with at 16? I sure didn't! LOL

I ran into a situation, though, where one of my sims hit adulthood, and although he has several adult friends the only one he has any wants to do anything with (except for his aunt who half-raised him) is his teen townie sweetheart! I had such grand plans for him and Melissa Fancey, too! Ah well, since when do my plans matter?
Instructor
#114 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 8:21 AM
This is an awesome idea.. Mind you one could simply use the boolprop debug cheat to move them in.

I'm debating whether to give into temptation and go crazy downloading mods to fix all the annoying little things about the game. But I don't want to accidently download the wrong thing and cause problems in my game.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 8:49 AM
Pinhead's mods have been in my game since day one and have never caused one minute of grief. If you are interested in removing stupid Sims behaviours then JM Pescado is your man. He is the Sim BHAV Scientist here and his mods are awesome. Carrigon has made some incredible objects (like a pizza version for the silly kids' oven). Look also for anything by Merola. He has designed single tile dressers that can be used in the bathroom or kitchen (anywhere for that matter). He just introduced a nightable dresser. His multipurpose painting is a must. Also, look into the InSimenator. And let me not forget Teen woo hoo with (JTravers88) or without (Jenflower) pregnancy.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 4:20 PM
I downloaded this mod two days ago and had the same problem as jadamay. One teen asked another teen to move in, the teen didn't move in and I lost the ability to save or exit the game. I removed all the other downloads from the game and the problem persisted. I don't know what to do next! I really would like to have this mod in my game!
Instructor
Original Poster
#117 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 8:10 AM
I'm sorry for not answer before. i forgot this thread. lol

Hmm... Just curious about one thing:
Are they in the same family?
Is The other teen a clerk or paperboy?

Í have to check it out, but in the code i can't see why this happen. I will look into this.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
I'm sorry for not answer before. i forgot this thread. lol

Hmm... Just curious about one thing:
Are they in the same family?
Is The other teen a clerk or paperboy?

Í have to check it out, but in the code i can't see why this happen. I will look into this.

Obrigada, Pinhead, pela resposta (sim, sou portuguesa :howdy: ).
Both teens belong to families I created from scratch.
I don't know what's happening but I believe the problem as nothing to do with your hack. I've been searching the internet and found a lot of people having the same problem (being unable to save or quit) after a marriage or move in proposal. Most of them don't refer to your hack so I believe this is a bug in the game (I have installed the patch). The fact is that I have not tried moving anyone in before installing your hack. I am going to remove your hack, try to propose another character to move in (an adult) and see what happens.
Anyhow, your hack is working for several players and I think it is a really good one!
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:34 PM
By the way, the beahavior of the game is really strange when this bug happens. When the teen asks the other to move in, they nod and hug and then the sim that has been asked to move in jumps forward. This sim doesn’t come up in the queue of playable sims but in the memories of the sims already in the family it says the sim has been added to the family. The funds of the family of the inviting sim get huge (around $42,000,000; before the event the funds were $500,000) despite the fact that the family of the invited sim only has $20000. Also, one of the sims in the inviting family also gets the memory of earning $50,000.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:58 AM
Ok, I have some news.
Definitely, pinhead, it was a bug in the game, nothing to do with your hack. I ran the game in debug mode and got a dialog box saying there was an error with an object (a character, the invited teen). This box appeared twice and both times I clicked cancel. In the end, the moving was done!
The game generated a log report where I could see that the problem was in a bhav called "Move In - Add Assets" (too many iterations) belonging to the InheritController object. I checked this behaviour with SimPE and found the loop that was responsible for the problem. I don't think there is something intrinsically wrong with this behaviour. Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with the objects in my game. Perhaps the game is not prepared to deal with sims with a lot of assets!
#121 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cdpengin
Sounds like she was meant to be a Sim Vac victim... :D

Poor postgirl
Test Subject
#122 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:06 AM
where do we out it??
Test Subject
#123 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:07 AM
sorry, PUT it??
Field Researcher
#124 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by !,,!_Shocuda_!,,!
sorry, PUT it??

*sighs*

read this
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=35904
Theorist
#125 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 12:36 AM
This is awesome! I'd had some teens who I wanted to move out of their parents' homes in with each other. And now I've done it! All it took was this hack and the teen move-out and voila! One teen moved out, bought his own place, invited over a couple of his friends and had them move in.

And Maxis really thinks we need a 'young adult' phase?
Page 5 of 8