Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 12:58 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial
I want to add special thanks to Jaxad for all the explainations and links... you are the most patient person ever lol
Advertisement
Instructor
#177 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:06 PM
And theoretically I could do this with all NPCs and Townies, thus eliminating the need to pick a specific NPC/Townie every time? And I don't need Body Shop? Excellent, I was looking for a way to create a neighborhood with a homogeneous population, and my Body Shop doesn't work for beans. *thumbs up!*

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#178 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 9:55 PM
Does it have to be a lone sim? like can you make a family of eight adults and then replace eight NPCS at a time, or do you have to make eight separate families to replace eight separate NPCs?
Test Subject
#179 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:24 PM
i know this thread is dead, and i have been reading all the comments. But is their a way to have the NPC to wear custom clothing without reverting back to the original?
Forum Resident
#180 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 9:19 AM
Thank you, my Neighbourhood has a medieval theme so now the NPC’s fit in too.
One question though, is there a way I can change the uniform of the police, fire service etc?
Normal outfits are replaced with the uniforms when on duty, I’ve been fiddling around but I can’t seem to find a way.
Please can you help?
Test Subject
#181 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 6:24 PM
(I posted this in one other place too, so sorry if multiple moderators are seeing it)

I'm having trouble. I'm going for a victorian neighborhood, so I'm replacing all townies and NPCs. I used deleteallcharacters in combination with a notownieregen hack so I could create my townies one at a time using a hacked object. However, when I went to look at SimPE, I realized that NPCs were listed as townies (except for the object townies -- Grim Reaper and such).

....and none of those NPCs (except, strangely, the paperboy and the mailman) had regenerated.

Help? Is there a way to make the NPCs show up? An object I can use? Or is there some sort of code in SimPE that designates a sim as working as a maid(etc)?
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:12 PM
This is a useful trick for creating a custum hood - your playable sims can hire other playable sims. Used in conjunction with Sara M. Kirks careers or not - this is a great tut
BTW, you don't need to have them wear the dress in CAS because whenever they come over they will be dressed in that outfit anyway. I think this adds more realism - gardeners don't wear dungarees all the time and paperboys don't carry around the news all day long - =)
Instructor
#183 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grapholina
You can have them wear whatever you wish. :D

Wooot! ^^;'' This is gonna pwn. Thanks for the tutorial!
Instructor
#184 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 4:29 AM
Uhm, I tried making Kaylynn Langerak have better custom hair and such, and it didn't change what she came to clean my sims' houses in. ;.;''
Same hair and clothes and everything... So yeah...
Meh.
Test Subject
#185 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 1:53 PM
thanks a lot, I'm gonna use it!!!
Test Subject
#186 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 4:24 PM
thank you!!
Instructor
#187 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 3:38 AM Last edited by IsolinaBlack : 20th Apr 2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Eureka!
I think that I have figured out the problem with having certain NPCs wear custom clothes with this method; although it is blatantly obvious, I shall mention it anyways.
When attempting to make a sim who has a job, such as a mailman or maid, wear different clothes and have different hair, then the sim shall end up wearing their work clothes to "work", as well as most of the rest of the time, anyways; I would likely have to change the default maid outfit to change a maid's clothes when she works.

Ookay! When I posted this earlier I mentioned that I was having a glitch. I've discovered it is not a problem with Seasons and a non-Season-compliant SimPE.
I just the appearance of one of my townies entirely to look different and it worked perfectly. I think it has to do with how the sim I was trying to change the townie's appearance to earlier was already in a game.
Sorry for the crummy grammar right now, but my brain isn't working too well.
Test Subject
#188 Old 16th May 2007 at 7:46 PM
can i change elder nanny in teen??
i tried and nanny is teen but she doesn't come out of the car, she freezing!! how can i do? do i replace backup and have an elder nanny for ever??????

enjoy my videos

°°°how wonderful life is now you're in the world°°°
#189 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 2:51 AM
can you change their stats if so how
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:42 PM
thank you so much for this tutorial. XD
It's so helpful, and I've found it useful many times. I think i'll deck out all of my NPCs and not just the maids right now.
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mscalzi
can i change elder nanny in teen??
i tried and nanny is teen but she doesn't come out of the car, she freezing!! how can i do? do i replace backup and have an elder nanny for ever??????

I think the game doesn't have a code for a teen nanny, so she just kind of rots in the car as you described. You might have to age her back to an elder to get her working again.
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by master-nc
i know this thread is dead, and i have been reading all the comments. But is their a way to have the NPC to wear custom clothing without reverting back to the original?

There's an NPC clothes replacement program on a sim site, if you're interested.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragonfly51990
Does it have to be a lone sim? like can you make a family of eight adults and then replace eight NPCS at a time, or do you have to make eight separate families to replace eight separate NPCs?

Yeah, you could do them all at once. The family thing doesn't change the way this process works, just pick the NPC you want to change and replace it with the sim in that family's genetics, like you normally would.
Scholar
#194 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:09 AM
is it possible for me to age up the existing in game nannys to adults? will that work? i heard that if u have UNI thers a like 2% chance of getting a young adult nanny but i ant find anything on that.
and if i do age the nannys to adults... id asme theyd just sit in the car...yes?
Test Subject
#195 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 10:06 PM
I don't know how to thank you for this.
Test Subject
#196 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 10:36 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I did look through the topic and have a look around the site, but I can't seem to find an answer to this and was hoping maybe someone can help me?

How can I change a Sim's facial features in-game (not an NPC)? All I wanna do is edit my Sim's eyebrows a bit, but using the reward item messes-up her face every single time. I was hoping there was some cheat or something I could use for her?

Thanks for reading and I'll be sooo happy and grateful if someone can provide me with an anser (the easier the better - haha).
Test Subject
#197 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 12:48 PM
Just make sure you have Gold or Higher Asperation when you use your reward object.
Test Subject
#198 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:08 AM
Thanks for the tutorial; has anyone noticed that the character file bloats hugely after surgery? I tried cloning John Smith Tricou (suitably dressed, nothing fancy) as a Professor over Prof. Edwin Payne, both characters were around 200 Kb before, and Prof. Edwin jumped to over 600 Kb after surgery. I wondered if there might be a fix for this in SimPE. Obviously, the game will get enormous if you customise all your NPCs. I seem to remember Q at SimPE mentioning this somewhere, but i don't think he gave a solution?
Test Subject
#199 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 12:03 AM
That's amazing!!! I think you have given me an idea... I´ve been trying to create an old Regency period neighborhood for my Sims, but I simply HATE when townies and NPCs show off wearing modern clothes. Do you think there is something to be done with SimPE in order to dress up an entire village as in old times? I would be MUST THANKFUL to you if you can give me a clue. See ya!
Test Subject
#200 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 7:17 PM
I've a quetion, dear... If I make a new maid, let's say I want a Victorian maid, and find Gina and "replace it" with a prettier face... If I make her wear a Victorian maid outfit as normal clothes, won't they change to the Maxis' maid uniform cause it's a work outfit?
Page 8 of 9