Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 2166 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 6:39 PM
Default I now have an interest to build apartments, specifically penthouses. Any ideas what I should replicate from TS3:LN's (Bridgeports?).
Nuff said.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:32 PM
..How about, a nightclub in a high raised building....
No wait, that's not an apartment.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 9:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
..How about, a nightclub in a high raised building....
No wait, that's not an apartment.

I can do those too!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 12:06 AM
Ahah! Well I know someone would be happy.
I never played the apartments in TS3...I just always built my own, just like I do in TS2. So i would not know much about them. But I am sure, any of them would be appreciated by downloaders, if you'd re build them in TS2!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 5:43 AM
I'd love to see the Saints HQ penthouse from Saints Row: The Third.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 6:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
The Sims 2 by default does not allow you go beyond five floors, unless you use sethighestallowedlevel [number] before building. Even with the cheat code, going anywhere above 12 floors is risky, because higher floors will not show up. I would suggest you should keep your levels at 10.


The floors themselves can be kind of worked or played around though, depending on the nature of the building in question... In my case (and I think in general) you can't go above 14 floors and a roof without the game crashing though, so that is a hard limit (though you can use grid adjustments to make it look much taller- see any of Panmines' stuff for an example of what I mean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
The elevator will probably be your friend in the building process.


Yes.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 9:27 PM
So... what should I build? (I would appreciate If someone screenshoted and gave me the blueprint of the interior and the look of the exterior of the building)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
So... what should I build? (I would appreciate If someone screenshoted and gave me the blueprint of the interior and the look of the exterior of the building)


Google Images is your friend. Look for images of various big-city skylines if you want real-world inspirations, or concept art if you're more interested in originality over practicality. I've also found that game and cartoon interpretations of skyscrapers translate over well to TS2, proportion-wise (that's why quite a few of my early skyscrapers are TS2 interpretations of buildings from the Facebook game CityVille).

Don't pay much attention to real-world blueprints of skyscrapers though- they have enormous footprints and end up having way more by way of services and utilities than TS2 would really allow for... photos of the interiors of the kinds of buildings you're emulating will do you more good than floorplans, in most cases.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 9:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
So... what should I build? (I would appreciate If someone screenshoted and gave me the blueprint of the interior and the look of the exterior of the building)


Look at the gallery if you're interested in building Saints HQ

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Saints_HQ
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 9:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Google Images is your friend. Look for images of various big-city skylines if you want real-world inspirations, or concept art if you're more interested in originality over practicality. I've also found that game and cartoon interpretations of skyscrapers translate over well to TS2, proportion-wise (that's why quite a few of my early skyscrapers are TS2 interpretations of buildings from the Facebook game CityVille).

Don't pay much attention to real-world blueprints of skyscrapers though- they have enormous footprints and end up having way more by way of services and utilities than TS2 would really allow for... photos of the interiors of the kinds of buildings you're emulating will do you more good than floorplans, in most cases.

I only want to replicate TS3:LN buildings, not irl.
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 11:46 AM
Do you have Sims 3 LN? Most of the high rises are empty space to simulate NPC apartments. So if you want to replicate those you'd have to make up a fair bit, anyway! Most of the shells have been made into neighbourhood deco for Sims 2, so you could put those into your game and use them for reference to build habitable copies of.
http://misty-fluff.livejournal.com/...ell%20buildings
Back to top