Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Smeg Head
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:13 AM
Default December Patch and GTW objects?
Just a quick question to stop me going completely batty. Did the December patch unlock all the Get To Work objects to be available on residential lot build/buy?

The reason I ask is because I was actually working on a mod to do that very thing, unlock them all for resi build/buy. Testing it right when the game was patched. So I have no idea now if it was Maxis or me that did that. Bizarre. It was not mentioned in their patch notes, but I'm gonna bet it was them, since I took the relevant mods out and the stuff is still available in resi build/buy. But I still need the confirmation who's responsible before I go nuts.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:48 AM
In the patch notes it says "Several build objects that are available pursuant to the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, were only available on specific lots. We have removed the lot restrictions for these objects" -- maybe that includes those GtW objects you mean? I couldn't tell, don't have GtW.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Smeg Head
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I asked myself the same question. They did add objects that are normally for hospitals and science stuff for residential lots, apparently, cause I have them too in my catalogue.

Cheers. That stops me from doing a game fix and reinstalling the Sims 4 folder thinking it might be residual data left after my mods were removed.

Maxis did exactly the same thing with the "weeds" this patch that had me second-guessing my sanity. I made a mod a while back to make weeds take longer to reappear/regrow. After patch, I got a warning saying that particular XML needs updating. When I checked the new XML, Maxis have used exactly the same values as I used in the mod, so it had me baffled. I was chasing my tail with that one for a bit, till I came to my sanity and realized I no longer need my mod seeing as Maxis are now using the same delay times. So you can see why I needed to check - (Do a sanity check.) - the GTW objects.

@plasticbox, yeah the overuse of "humour" in those patch notes kinda makes it hard to struggle through them. At least three or four times I had to stop and say "wtf, you've lost me, where are the actual patch notes?!"
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:07 AM
All my installed 3rd party items are not in the game but are in the files in windows is anybody else having this problem
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Paccy1
All my installed 3rd party items are not in the game but are in the files in windows is anybody else having this problem

Go into your game options and make sure custom content is set to Enabled under the "others" settings.
These were toggled to the off position with the patch to protect you from mods that have become broken within the patch.
You may need to verify that the mods are up to date in order to make sure they will function properly in your game as well.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.