Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 2:16 AM
Default suggestions/help to find a good PC to play sims 3 on
Hello! I've decided it's time to get a new PC, as the one I got at this moment it's slowly dying and could go at any minute. Don't want to try fixing it because it never played sims 3 well in the first place. I've done some research and got some suggestions from friends on what kind of PC I should be looking into buying. One of my friend's suggested this Dell Inspiron 5000MT Gaming desktop. https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers...desktop/329952/ It has very good reviews and it seems like something that would be good for the sims 3. We are still looking into other ones, but this one is on our list. If anyone else has any suggestions or what we should avoid I'd love to hear what you got to say! I will be putting a lot of CC on my game, so it would be nice if I could do that without it crashing on me. Thank you in advance! <3
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 3:25 PM
That would probably work fine BUT you would be better with 16GB ram since you really need 1gb of ram per GB of CC (mind you I had 10GB of CC on a 4GB ram PC however loading time were LONG like 10-15min sometimes more) plus keep in mind that Sims 3 isn't completely compatible with windows 10 so try finding one that is 8.1 with similar specs if you can't you might have to force it up sometimes

My general rule of thumb look up the requirements for more highly intensive games like GTA 5, Mad Max or Fallout 4

I can find you more options if you like

fire in kitchen starts: everyone in house comes to yell at it!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:31 AM
Okay, thank you for that. And yeah is there anymore options?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathy_SR
Okay, thank you for that. And yeah is there anymore options?

This one is a bit better: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers...desktop/336811/

Sorry it to so long to get back to you I have a 6 month old at home who is a total mama's boy I myself haven't got on Sims 3 in a while because he "plays" too

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emo_princess
This one is a bit better: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers...desktop/336811/

Sorry it to so long to get back to you I have a 6 month old at home who is a total mama's boy I myself haven't got on Sims 3 in a while because he "plays" too

Here's another one since I don't know your budget

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emo_princess
Here's another one since I don't know your budget

Thank you so much for this! Means a lot :DD
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathy_SR
Thank you so much for this! Means a lot :DD

You are most welcome!
I stuck with the site you linked since I don't know what others you have for aus