Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 8:55 PM
Sims 4 to Sims 3 decor building conversions
I was making a small neighborhood in ts3 the other day, and i was thinking how handy it would be if the house decor buildings from ts4's neighborhoods existed. So I searched the internet in hopes of finding anything, but no luck. Do any of you happen to have any conversions lying around (i doubt it, such things are rarely used)? If it's too much work, could you explain object conversions? I've tried doing some, but unsuccessfully. Thanks in advance!
Btw here are some pics of the houses i'm talking about, in case you don't understand.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 12:19 PM
Hi there
Which part was unsuccessful?
There's a good YouTube tutorial for conversions that might be of help :
https://youtu.be/-1a2rtxloNM

I've never done conversions but if there's a particular part you're stuck on, I or someone else might be able to help
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 4:11 PM
Hm, there doesn't seem to be a comment of mine here explaining why TS4 conversions have a habit of looking less than stellar in a TS3 environment, and how you could try some of AroundTheSims's conversions to judge for yourself whether building shells from TS4 would be worth having, but I know for a fact I write something like that just last night. Point is, you might find that objects from TS4 are often lacking in finer detail, which can easily clash with TS3's more realistically-oriented graphics. As a rule of thumb - if it doesn't look all that good in TS4 you might assume it looks awful in TS3. If it looks great in TS4, it might be suitable for TS3.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Hm, there doesn't seem to be a comment of mine here explaining why TS4 conversions have a habit of looking less than stellar in a TS3 environment, and how you could try some of AroundTheSims's conversions to judge for yourself whether building shells from TS4 would be worth having, but I know for a fact I write something like that just last night. Point is, you might find that objects from TS4 are often lacking in finer detail, which can easily clash with TS3's more realistically-oriented graphics. As a rule of thumb - if it doesn't look all that good in TS4 you might assume it looks awful in TS3. If it looks great in TS4, it might be suitable for TS3.

I have tried ATS's conversions and they look fine imo. Besides, I love how filling up the worlds with decor is done in ts4 worlds, they feel more alive and realistic. So it's not really a problem for me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Hi there
Which part was unsuccessful?
There's a good YouTube tutorial for conversions that might be of help :
https://youtu.be/-1a2rtxloNM

I've never done conversions but if there's a particular part you're stuck on, I or someone else might be able to help

I can't quite remember, I tried converting a long time ago. I'll tell you my problem later, as I don't have much time rn.